Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dont see why people are excited for it?

It's still the same rotation only this time you get less fun from high crits.

The FoF nerf doesn't make any sense. But it's acceptable. At least they are done with the "reduce all damage by 10%" type nerfs.

imo they need to greatly improve AM's damage to give a compelling reason to cast it, or some other factor to cast it if not damage.

right now when im arcane, its almost a dissapointment when i get to cast AM
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I want the Deep Freeze glyph to be reworked into a PvE glyph seeing as how frost mages don't have ANY choice in what to pick up for PvE in the prime slots.
    Actually, that's exactly what they did in this build: Glyph of Deep Freeze. I checked it out on beta too and thats what the tooltip of the glyph says now.

It makes me kinda sad that there were no buffs for fire damage / fire mana regen or no info about the 10% spellpower buff which fire was supposed to get. Oh well, maybe the next patch will have some fire love as this one seems to be mostly nerfing the 1-79 values of abilities anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    imo they need to greatly improve AM's damage to give a compelling reason to cast it, or some other factor to cast it if not damage.

right now when im arcane, its almost a dissapointment when i get to cast AM

The incentive to cast AM is because it's free. And mana free spells for arcane when you're in the conservative cycle is good.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I got 20k HP more with both PvP and PvE gear (105k HP with PvP and 102k HP with PvE now), the Resilience is buffed and the Deep Freeze glyph now increases the Deep Freeze damage by 20%.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-11-04 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The FoF nerf doesn't make any sense. But it's acceptable. At least they are done with the "reduce all damage by 10%" type nerfs.
    I would prefer, if they think frost dps is too high, to just lower the numbers. By lowering the proc rate of FOF it makes our rotation far more boring..

.. and uninteresting..

.. and only our FOF procs benefit from mastery so that's not so exciting anymore. I can't see the logic at all. I really enjoy our rotation as it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    I would prefer, if they think frost dps is too high, to just lower the numbers. By lowering the proc rate of FOF it makes our rotation far more boring..

.. and uninteresting..

.. and only our FOF procs benefit from mastery so that's not so exciting anymore. I can't see the logic at all. I really enjoy our rotation as it is.
    30% was too high of a proc chance, for several reasons (mainly PvP), but the Glyph of Deep Freeze change (hooray for them listening to me again!!!!) should make up for it, along with the changes to Early Frost. It's more balanced, so I like it.
    BfA Beta Time

Blizz guy: "That there swizzle guy is one smart fella"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    30% was too high of a proc chance, for several reasons (mainly PvP), but the Glyph of Deep Freeze change (hooray for them listening to me again!!!!) should make up for it, along with the changes to Early Frost. It's more balanced, so I like it.
    If it's too high damage wise then just nerf the damage, not the proc chance please This is basically making Frost much more of a spam-one-button spec than before. It's disappointing.

Also before we generally waited when we got Brain Freeze for a FOF proc to make BF benefit from mastery and extra crit chance etc etc.. now having both of them up at the same time seems far less likely. Ouch!
    Last edited by mmoc041e02a7c0; 2010-11-04 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    if something is good in pvp, but bad in pve, it gets nerfed
    NO EXCEPTIONS!
    Sadly true, which is disgracefull considering how (relitivly) few people do any PVP.

I think a more interesting change would be to make DF give us a damage boost to a select number or all of our spells after it deals damage. A flat 20% damage on DF is weak when you consider the immersion loss of 10% proc rate downgrade. I found frost's rotation fun because it was "fast." I had to actually pay attention to know exactly how many FoF charges I had as to not double-consume with a FFB and not toss out an extra IL by moving my fingers too quick for their own good with only one charge.

I dunno, I liked that FoF procs tended to keep rolling in. It made the rotation active and fun. Moving 10% of my immersion to 20% damage on DF is boring boring boring, although I understand the pvp problems with the FoF spam. I think they could've managed even a slightly more fun change. Even doing something like doubling the damage of your next IL or FFB after DF deals damage would've been better and probably about the same damage. I can't say I can make a perfect fun change off the top of my head, but I'm sure we could come up with something even marginally moe interesting than flat damage gains.

The Arcane switch looks quite promising. I see no problem with Arcane the way it was before the "talent patch." I see little problem with it now. People think spamming Arcane Blast is the only viable means of DPS. Wrong, need to properly time those cool downs my friends and keep as much mana as possible. Considering the mastery builds off of our mana pool.

Hope people will start reading the talents and understanding mechanics rather than QQing that Arcane is broke. It most totally is not broke AND if played in the hands of a skillful Arcanist, it will be top DPS/DMG, (w/e you want to look at) always.

Deep freeze CD is now affected by haste, with 30% ish haste it drops down from 30 sec to 20 sec

It appears the new AB change will effect our rotation for the burn phase? Will we want to clear ABx4 with AM/ArBar now?

Currently:
    1. AB until ~91% mana
    2. Mana Gem, Mirror Images, Trinkets, CD's, etc.
    3. AB until 40%, evocate to 100%
    4. Maintain 100% mana via ABx2 MB/ArBarr

For step 3, I imagine we will want to cycle ABx4 MB/ArBarr now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zackkaufen View Post
    If it's too high damage wise then just nerf the damage, not the proc chance please This is basically making Frost much more of a spam-one-button spec than before. It's disappointing.

Also before we generally waited when we got Brain Freeze for a FOF proc to make BF benefit from mastery and extra crit chance etc etc.. now having both of them up at the same time seems far less likely. Ouch!
    Nerfing the damage but keeping the proc rate so high wouldn't really be a nerf, as it still allows for an unusually high amount of spamming an instant. Also, using the argument that reducing FoF proc rate will make the spec a more 1 button spam fest is far from accurate. Hell, the higher the proc rate the more of a 1 button spam it is since you end up mashing ice lance anyway. The reduced proc rate is balanced by the buff to Deep Freeze via glyph and the apparent haste benefit to its cooldown.

On that note, I don't know how long that will last, honestly. The haste-to-CD reduction should be worked into the glyph or only apply if the spell did damage. Trust me, being the only class with a stun with a perpetually decreasing CD WON'T get past the plethora of bitching on forums.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurlksm View Post
    It appears the new AB change will effect our rotation for the burn phase? Will we want to clear ABx4 with AM/ArBar now?

Currently:
    1. AB until ~91% mana
    2. Mana Gem, Mirror Images, Trinkets, CD's, etc.
    3. AB until 40%, evocate to 100%
    4. Maintain 100% mana via ABx2 MB/ArBarr

For step 3, I imagine we will want to cycle ABx4 MB/ArBarr now

I really hope that was not the rotation prior to the talent shifts... This would result in 2 or 3 extra Arcane Blast for your third phase. By using evocate in the manor you described would result in a mis use of Arcane Power.... =(

The Haste-CD Deep Freeze reduction of seems to work also with haste buffs like Time Warp.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-11-05 at 02:25 AM.