Yet Another Haste Question

My first time posting so please forgive me & I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. My question is one regarding the haste breakpoints. When considering gearing and reforging for the soft haste cap of 1406 (as well as the lower ones), are any of the enchants, gear procs, or talents taken into consideration? With procs from talents like Improved Soul Fire and Conflag, enchants from Black magic or other enchants, and trinket procs haste values can become substantial but also vary wildly.

In a nutshell since I ramble: are talents and proc effect taken into consideration when gearing for breakpoint haste values?

Thank you

The only buff taken into consideration for 4.0.1 is the 5 % haste buff from shaman/priest..

Backdraft is 30% haste for incinerate, chaos bolt and shadowbolt, and with 1406 haste and 5% haste buff it should get u down to GCD or just above.

ISF is 15% haste above 80%, this is why it isnt in the calculations atm. For 85 we will have the 15 % haste the whole fight, and currently it is in the 85 math.. Along with the 3% from dark intent..

Proc effects is not considered, and the value of Black magic atm is lower then 63 SP according to EJ scale factors..

Proc effects are not considered because we're talking about haste thresholds that need to be reached through passive stats to really have any great effect. If you only could reach the threshold with a black magic proc, then you'd only gain extra immolate ticks during that proc, and only after you recasted it under that proc. Of course, once you are at one of the haste thresholds through passive stats, then the value of haste drops and the proc would be inferior to a passive 63sp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetrue View Post
    Proc effects is not considered, and the value of Black magic atm is lower then 63 SP according to EJ scale factors
    The EJ scale factors are based on *full best in slot gear* and are only a very basic guideline to use until simcraft finally updates for 4.0.3+. The only reason haste is so low on the EJ scale factors is that they've passed the 1406 mark, so you need to take those numbers with a huge grain of salt.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    If you only could reach the threshold with a black magic proc, then you'd only gain extra immolate ticks during that proc, and only after you recasted it under that proc.
    Is it actually worth doing this? Occasionally I need to recast immolate anyway when I know HoG won't refresh it (takes a bit of judgement on my part).

Yes, dots all scale with haste & crit now, but they aren't updated on the fly, so would need to recast them when black magic procced to have them benefit from it. I don't think it's probably worth doing, though, which is the reason I wouldn't even bother using black magic.

The reason HoG can sometimes refresh your immolate, and other times just not come off CD quick enough to be able to is a result of the haste on your gear. At certain haste thresholds immolate lasts slightly more or slightly less, so it can be difficult for HoG to refresh it depending on your haste.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2010-11-04 at 04:47 PM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”