Merged battlegroups for BGs but not arenas?

Hello friends, I have a question for you.

In today's blue post Blizzard stated "No. Arena is still based on individual Battlegroups.".

Does anyone know if this is a solid plan for future or just a temporary testing decision?

I mean, why is that? Is it so difficult to implement? Also, unrated battlegrounds before level 70 (you cant join rated bgs before level 70), are they still in individual battlegroups? Level 70 rated arena is still in individual battlegroups?

BG merging was a major hope for twinks, to reduce queue times.

"Well ok guys, stop exp if you wish, you're just not going to queue any bgs or arenas lol." (c)Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem like it would be a major undertaking, but we just don't know what Blizzard's infrastructure looks like. At least not enough to know whether it would actually be easy or not. Maybe they'll introduce arena Merged BGs in a later patch but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There is no point to merge arenas. Queues are already less than 1min and you would have more teams competing for GLAD.
    If they did merge arena battlegroups, there would be more threads like this QQing about the merge.
    And the majority of ppl do max lvl arenas

Deleted
    Maybe for the same reason they aren't merging the LFD tool. The arena-system has a more complex queuing system that needs more time to implement.

I too hope we'll see a merging of all BGs into one major one, even for Arenas. It would also help reduce win-trading and cheating. While Gladiator goes to the top 0.5% of a BG, the "XXXX Gladiator" could go to the top 0.1%.

Also, we'll probably see less people paying Arenas in Cataclysm as rated BGs will allow you to get the same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseStamp View Post
    There is no point to merge arenas. Queues are already less than 1min and you would have more teams competing for GLAD.
    Well, actually 0.5% of 5000 teams in every of let's say 10 battlegroups is equal to 0.5% of 50000 teams of one battlegroup. I don't mind few rank1 players to be QQing, though. Crowe stated a good point that "Vicious Gladiator" could go to 0.1% of teams instead of 1 team, it's a good solution.

Also, you obviously have not played 5v5 on little battlegroups. People just beg in trade chat for someone to join queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Maybe for the same reason they aren't merging the LFD tool. The arena-system has a more complex queuing system that needs more time to implement.
    In fact they ARE merging the LFD tool, you can check these posts. And I think arena system does not really differ from battleground system.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz says arena system is more complex and needs more time but u dont "think" there rly is a difference, well shit, problem solved. im not sure wut their problem is then

I guess they do not wish to see people complaign how there can only e so few gladiator teams now... also its a quick queue already do you want 1 second queues sheesh you Arena flunkies really are sad

Yeah, I want my arena queues to be 30 seconds long!

...Wait.

Do you even read something but the title, guys?

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Do you even read something but the title, guys?

/facepalm
    BG merging was done to reduce queue times.

Arena queue times are fine.

I don't see what you're crying about.

he wants to do arenas at 70, from the looks of it. or play a twink. either way, I couldn't care less about his silly plans.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.