Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Omg I thought I was the only one that did this... I haven't even admitted it to my partner cos he'd laugh at me.
    All 10 toons have back stories, but my fave is my pally. She is a disgruntled housewife, fed up with her cheating husband and brood of kids, one day finds herself at the stormwind chapel enjoying a
    solitude. Fortunately for her she was at the chapel when her family was wiped from the face of Azeroth by a minor horde scuffle, unfortunately for the horde, she's now really pissed

I didn't really RP much with my main... until I got to Uldum. Then I picked out a house for her there, and she had a love affair with Harrison Jones.

I choose to take "nerd" as a compliment

Anyway, I've never gotten fully into RP--playing on a PvE server and speaking in character would be weird. However, I like to come up with backstories. My main, orc shaman, was a member of the Frostwolf Clan who, inspired by Thrall, learned the ways of the shaman. He is deeply in the spiritual end of the orc spectrum, but chose to remain fully within the Horde instead of joining the Earthen Ring. He would prefer peace, but refuses to let his enemies push the Horde around. In a time of war, the shaman Barok will be there with the Horde, fighting any corruption that rises within the Horde's ranks and doing all he can to lead the new generation of the Horde towards being able to accept peace when the opportunity arrives. Until that day, he fights, lives, and is ready to die for the Horde!

I don't exactly RP but I like to come up with backstories for my characters and sort of play how I think they would react in situations. I had one for my mage when she was an undead but I haven't thought of anything since I race changed to goblin.

Born Vallenna Calvourne during the beginning months of the First War, she lived in the surrounding villages around Lordearon. At a young age, a few magi from Dalaran went out to seek prospective new magi to train in the arts of the arcane. Vallena was one of the chosen and made her journey there. She excelled in fire magics and graduated just in time to participate in the Third War. She managed to return to her homelands in time to see that her entire family had been turned into the Scourge. Filled with despair at the sight, she waded into the thick of battle, falling beneath an onslaught of the damned. She was turned into one of the Lich King's undead magi, though unlike most she retained her awareness of her actions and conscious thought though powerless to act, and went into hiding with various members of the Cult of the Damned until the "triumphant" return of Prince Arthas.

She participated in the taking of Capital City and the destruction of Quel'thalas, the powers she and her ilk granted to the Lich King's chosen champion strengthening his already considerably powerful army. When the Lich King's grip on the damned began to weaken, she was overcome with grief at the acts she had committed while under his control and her failure to save her family from undeath. She threw herself from a cliff, though unsuccessful. Eventually, she returned to her home where she was found by some of Sylvanas' forces whom propositioned her a place in the Banshee Queen's army. She eagerly accepted.

Renaming herself Vallenna Dawnsorrow, she joined the Royal Apothecary Society and became a field agent, utilizing her potent magics and alchemic skills to concoct new and dangerous potions and blights to assist her new Queen. When the call came to travel to Northrend and bring the fight to the being responsible for all of her suffering, she eagerly joined up with the Warsong Offensive. Vallenna assisted in every way she could, even participating in the Battle of the Wrathgate. She was shocked at the betrayal of Putetress and helped in the taking back of Undercity, her new home. When the Argent Crusade began their siege of Icecrown, Vallenna and her allies joined them, battling the undead horrors and distraction of the Alliance in an attempt to exact her revenge.

And...that's about as far as I got since I didn't have much reason to do anything else after Cata came out...why did I go goblin again?

Undead Rogue:

Locked in prison as human for murder, his heart was already black... his intentions were only the darkest. Ressurected years after his death, even the Forsaken trembled, they had brought back a monster, a heartless killer. <Name> grinned, as he stroked his blade, his eyes dark with murderous intent, walk off into Silverpine woods, never to be seen again ... atleast thats what people think...