Thread: Imp Soulfire

Imp Soulfire

Just a random question didn't see if any1 had already asked this but since there removing the limit on imp soulfire (the mob can be at any hp% not just at 85%+) would this be worthwhile to spec into for affliction instead of the improved damage for pets 85?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed anything regarding Improved Soul Fire change, partially since I've just come back from holiday and haven't checked up much on patch notes, however a completely (practically) passive 15% haste throughout an entire fight seems a little over powered, even if its just for destruction. If this change is made then I could see them moving Imp. Soul Fire down in the destruction tree so it is solely for destruction. Even if that is the case I still think that seems incredibly powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    I haven't noticed anything regarding Improved Soul Fire change, partially since I've just come back from holiday and haven't checked up much on patch notes, however a completely (practically) passive 15% haste throughout an entire fight seems a little over powered, even if its just for destruction. If this change is made then I could see them moving Imp. Soul Fire down in the destruction tree so it is solely for destruction. Even if that is the case I still think that seems incredibly powerful.
    It has a 30 second internal cooldown, so it won't work out to be a passive 15% haste buff.

Offtopic, but you would need an external addon to make this work fully. Goes against Blizzard's addon philosophy.

Edit: Tooltip error it seems.
    Last edited by Tya; 2010-11-04 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt it a 15sec cooldown? Anyway, the only spec that will really love this is demo bcs their spells r just waaay to slow. Affliction and destro get easely softcapped without this tbh.

It's 30 sec on live and 15 on beta. It'd be silly to make it a 15 sec duration/15 sec cd because that just makes it very, very irritating to use. Doubt it'd go live like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's 30 sec on live and 15 on beta. It'd be silly to make it a 15 sec duration/15 sec cd because that just makes it very, very irritating to use. Doubt it'd go live like that.
    Yup, it's already at 15 second cooldown on live. Quite ideal actually since you can start casting it at 1 second left, so the cast has the buff, but it hits the boss after the buff falls off, therefore refreshing it. You could also use a soulburn soul fire solely for this on fights where you may be able to refresh your shards with Shadowfury.

Hello fellow warlocks.
    This is a bit off topic..
    Just thought I'd share some of the stuff I've been using along with this.
    Soulfire feels heavy and slow to cast and chances are unless you're pugging, most bosses will be below 80% before the imp soulfire buff wears off ^^
    So here's what I do..:
    We get a countdown from 10 secs before we engage the boss.
    Right away I pop Soul Burn.
    Then Soul harvest.
    stop when i gain the last shard i need again.
    Pre pot when 2 secs left.

When the tank pulls I have an free instant soulfire and full set of shards
    Just make sure your tank can handle some burst threat.

On topic tho..
    Yea it's 15 secs and pretty easy to keep up with the above. Interresting thought speccing into it for affliction. Even if you dont spend time actually casting the soulfire and only get the buff when you soul burn it might be nice. If you do what i wrote above that means you'd get it 4 times in the fight atleast just by soulburn if it's changed to not only work above 80%. I'll check it out on beta tho

Hope it was in any way helpful.

-Vantassel

Quote Originally Posted by Syntic View Post
    Yup, it's already at 15 second cooldown on live.
    Hah, I didn't know this. No wonder we're being nerfed...

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhabod View Post
    Stuff
    Just ask your tanks to count down on vent before they pull. Most guilds do this already. Just hardcast a soulfire as their timer finishes.

I was asking from an affliction point of view and the internal globabl cool down is only 15 seconds atm and it lasts 15 seconds so it would be a passive 15% through the entire fight and once cata hits mobs wont have to be over 80% hp to get the buff just to clarify =)
    and if u think im wrong pretend im right and leave some feedback id love to here what other pple think since im debating speccing into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Hah, I didn't know this. No wonder we're being nerfed...

---------- Post added 2010-11-04 at 06:16 PM ----------

Just ask your tanks to count down on vent before they pull. Most guilds do this already. Just hardcast a soulfire as their timer finishes.
    We're not getting nerfed by the way, those numbers were for 1-79 if I remember correctly.