Thread: Noooooo

Noooooo

With those new patch notes, the huge nerf to AB stacking, i presume fire will be the only way now for raiding.
    Man I'm going to miss those juicy crits.
    Anyone with access to the beta share some thoughts?

Deleted
    Are you fucking kidding, cast time decrease with .4 sec?! Mana reduce! Its a huge fkin buff!

If you take two seconds to look at other threads on this very board you will find information about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    i presume fire will be the only way now for raiding.
    Ok... either you're trolling, or you're Korean...
    The nerf is minor, the crits will be only slightly less juicy, and I'm probably feeding a troll right now... damn it. ;F

And also... At last there's no "only way to go for raiding". AT LAST.

But the crits!!!!
    But seriously =) hehe i missed that part about casttime /palm

Deleted
    This thread is going to be sooooo locked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zplasch View Post
    Are you fucking kidding, cast time decrease with .4 sec?! Mana reduce! Its a huge fkin buff!
    No it's not.

There are already math posted for the changes and the dps is pretty much the same.

A DirewolfX quote from an other thread:
    Some math:

DPS at 4 stacks

Old: X * (1 + (4 * 0.23)) / 2.5 = 0.768 X
    New: X * (1 + (4 * 0.13)) / 1.95 = 0.779 X

MPS at 4 stacks

Old: M * (1 + (4 * 1.75)) / 2.5 = 3.2 M
    New: M * (1 + (4 * 1.5)) / 1.95 = 3.59 M

Simple version:

New changes has higher DPS at the expense of higher MPS, but lower top end damage. Due to our mastery, it should work out to be very close in DPS without having ridiculous burst damage which would've caused us to get nerfed due to PvP down the road.
    Last edited by zephid; 2010-11-04 at 05:40 PM.

And also... At last there's no "only way to go for raiding". AT LAST.
    Unless your on a roleplaying realm or the specific fight demands a mechanic a specific spec is capable of, why would you ever choose to lower your own dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you really think they would let that shit slide? I mean in a raid arcane mages are like, 93% AB and then 6% arcane barrage or missles, whichever it is. Then that last 1% is random other crap. Look at frost mages too man, they just roll out ice lances at people and get hard ons from the crits, like pressing 1 button is awesome.

Well, you cant blame people for using the spec the way blizz designed it. Honestly arcane could do with an overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    With those new patch notes, the huge nerf to AB stacking, i presume fire will be the only way now for raiding.
    Man I'm going to miss those juicy crits.
    Anyone with access to the beta share some thoughts?

It's a PvP nerf while PvE has not been affected.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chulda View Post

What the fuck..?

I don't know if you guys noticed.
    But there are a lot of feed back from Cata that at 85, fire's performance is being eat up by mana management like a fat kid during Halloween.

People were even thinking about using mage armor full time for fire (Seriously, this one just drove me up the wall)
    Not to mention there are also feed back on not enough crit from gears.

After I took a glanced at the loot table, it truely feels like Arcane will be our main raiding spec for awhile. Which, I mind you, hate the most. I am sorry, but 1 button valco punch spec is really not my idea of fun.

It seems that arcane will still be the most boring spec in game. Sure you get nice crits but pressing the same button over and over again to do competitive dps is boring in my opinion, I don't feel accomplished by it.

It's kind a weird that blizz is okay with arcane being a 1 button rotation when they have changed specs in the past that were, i.e 40/21 locks in TBC (demon sacrafice + 40 points in destruction) and BM hunters in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieronoid View Post

What the fuck..?
    I thought the same thing lol
    Lightning Fast