Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Boub, check out the error message @ battle.net armory

At least now we get an explanation for the error messages when trying to battle res someone..
    However, it still doesn't explain why I was not able to cast Rebirth on someone in one of my guild's many wipes on H-LK... Reason I say it doesn't explain it? My battle res was the FIRST one of the entire raiding night, but I got the error message. Clearly some kinks still to be worked out on it

Deleted
    The new community site looks fantastic. I hope they will fill it with content in the future.

Why does it feel like they are homogenizing all of the classes to the point of nothing. I mean the point of playing a druid healer was the Hots and Bres. The point of a Shammy was Chain heal and Ankh and totems. Pallys were hard hitting single target heals and plate. Priests were fast single heals and bubbles.

They are getting to the point that they might as well just say screw it you pick you race and then choose Tank, melee, ranged DPS, or heals...

Granted all of the classes mechanics are slightly different, but even with the differing mechanics it feels like they are pulling the uniqueness out of the classes.

MEH maybe it is just me

Just replace us.battle.net/wow/en/ with eu.battle.net/wow/en, it takes you to the EU site.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even the red shirt guy got a little refference on the new site

"WARCRAFT LORE
    What was the historical significance of the War of the Ancients? Why are the Alliance and Horde battling each other? Whatever happened to Falstad Wildhammer? Find out in this section."

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/6...fmwvo7qkef.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss battle rezes.
    Sometimes we used up to 10 in one fight. Strategy like to kill person with Professor's plague and rez him was awesome. And that was a part of the game. Less possibilities = more common friendly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    Wait, so why isn't this available for EU too? The new forums i mean.
    So it isn't only me? I already thought I did sth wrong :P Keep getting "No game license was found. Please add one under your account."

Btw, there seems to be and eu version as well but the forums don't work.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/896511/ - no posts there unlike the us.
    Last edited by Lilija; 2010-11-05 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshaw View Post
    Just replace us.battle.net/wow/en/ with eu.battle.net/wow/en, it takes you to the EU site.
    Well, when you use it you get:
    Oops

Something Is Broken

You can blame Deathwing for this little mishap.

Mangooz - 85 - Paladin - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Nerfness - 80 - Rogue - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Twiiz - 80 - Death Knight - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Tazy - 80 - Mage - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Blackrage - 85 - Warlock - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Turdz - 80 - Warrior - Silvermoon - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxen View Post
    Even the red shirt guy got a little refference on the new site

"WARCRAFT LORE
    What was the historical significance of the War of the Ancients? Why are the Alliance and Horde battling each other? Whatever happened to Falstad Wildhammer? Find out in this section."

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/6...fmwvo7qkef.jpg
    The dude is a freaking hero to all lore people, and I have to say, I love the new site. It's damn epic looking. :]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshaw View Post
    Did it make the forums work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberoth View Post
    Why does it feel like they are homogenizing all of the classes to the point of nothing. I mean the point of playing a druid healer was the Hots and Bres. The point of a Shammy was Chain heal and Ankh and totems. Pallys were hard hitting single target heals and plate. Priests were fast single heals and bubbles.

They are getting to the point that they might as well just say screw it you pick you race and then choose Tank, melee, ranged DPS, or heals...

Granted all of the classes mechanics are slightly different, but even with the differing mechanics it feels like they are pulling the uniqueness out of the classes.

MEH maybe it is just me
    I've been a bit worried about that too. Soon we might end up with the same abilities for every class: /cast "damage bolt", perfomrm "melee attack", /cast "heal spell" or /cast "threat ability"

I'm not sure I like where this is going, wow is getting dumbed down enough as it is.

Doesn't look like the EU forums are working, but the website itself is definitely up.

And I've had the same issue with it not finding a game license.

Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    I am trying to understand their changes to the battlerez system and will do my best to throw forth a good argument. I think this change caters more towards the extreme hard core raiders who would purposefully stack Brezzers to do certain encounters.This is counter to what blizz said about "bringin the player-not the class" But we all know hardcore raiders will do anything to down a boss easier and faster.
    So if a reg fight is actually requiring brez to get through it, i don't think we should nerf brez but rather examine what is causing this to be required in the fight.I mean if brez was that important they would be dished out to every healer like normal rez...THEN they would have cause for legitemate concern.
    Your on track in the first part, its too stop stacking the deck. If a fight requires a brez to get through it then the fight is not tuned properly. A brez should be for fixing screw ups, not a requirement to finish an encounter. Like, someone's computer freezing or such.

The new site looks great and runs a lot smoother imo. Armory was really slow for me, but the new site is fast and the design improvements look great.

Probably one of the reasons they are making the change with combat res is what many high end raiding guilds would do. They would have everyone in their guild level a warlock alt till they got soulstone so they could each have one for their H LK attempts etc.

As far as homogenizing, a lot of it is needed. First off, 10 mans are supposed to be tuned for having every buff/debuff available, so now you aren't gimped because you don't have a Shaman and miss out on heroism etc. Same with combat res, now if your only Druid dies, the lock can (hopefully they change it to this) pick him back up. Making many of the buffs/debuffs overlap does not change how your class works, so stop crying that the sky is falling. A Mage is still nothing like a Warlock.

The only 2 places things are much closer now is tanking and healing, and it is a good thing. Guilds can focus on player skill instead of what class they play (to an extent). You shouldn't be gimped because you don't have a holy pally or a disc priest because they should all be able to fill the same roles, yet their playstyle and flavor is different enough that you don't feel like it's playing the same class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
    To let everyone know - If you were banned from the forums, you are no longer with the community site.
    The website? Who cares about that, what about the new forums??

New site design is nice. Can't wait till its fully implemented.

Deleted
    can anyone confirm the ban on forums is gone :>?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    can anyone confirm the ban on forums is gone :>?
    I doubt it'll stay this way, but I was banned in 2005 (For calling out Drysc on a rude comment towards a player asking about PTR availability) but I can currently post.

I'm sure they will migrate the forum ban list over soon.