Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    My only concern is, if you can cast it on a dead person, why would anyone risk placing it on someone pre-emptively when there's a large chance it would be wasted?
    Well, you can then rez players while dead. Not exactly sure when that would come into play, but its definitely something extra on top of a regular BR. And you can cast it on yourself to pop back up. Basically it is Rebirth and Reincarnation folded into one with more preparation required.

I'm a bit ambivalent about this (potential) change. Not because I don't see the usefulness of it...as I think about it, I guess I'm just a numbers-happy DPS that doesn't want to stop to brez someone. (Would have rolled a Boomer if I wanted that.)

Oh well. I just know if this goes in, I'll eventually end up in some pug in Stonecore banishing one mob, fearing another, and brezzing the tank or heals all at once. I can't decide if it makes me happy or terrifies me.

Deleted
    With all the druids we have in our guild, it wouldn't really make a difference considering the limitation of battle ress per fight. However I would not say no to this change, and welcome it with open arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    25 man should have 2 battle res not 3 imo.
    Nah bro, it's 1 per 10. So 1 for 10m and 2.5 (rounded to nearest whole = 3) for 25.

Makes sense.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by drakean View Post
    Guess ur one of those people that likes all the annoying BS that has been around in the game since vanilla?

Besides Locks were doing this kinda anyway. Lock saw someone important about to die (if they were quick) they could SS them.
    Lol, yeah, riiiiiight, those locks were just sitting there staring at grid so they could soulstone someone who was about to die... dream on.

Quote Originally Posted by drakean
    Guess ur one of those people that likes all the annoying BS that has been around in the game since vanilla?

Besides Locks were doing this kinda anyway. Lock saw someone important about to die (if they were quick) they could SS them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    Lol, yeah, riiiiiight, those locks were just sitting there staring at grid so they could soulstone someone who was about to die... dream on.
    The only time I've even come close to doing this, is when the raid fouls up and the raid leader calls for a wipe. Then I can try to quick put a SS on someone that can rez.

Now if only they took away the current functionality a year ago so damn locks would stop ssing themselves for lk

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    The whole blue post is here

Would you like this change? I think it would pretty much take away the uniqueness of the Soulstone, but then again it's a buff, so is it worth losing the old soulstone for a generic combar rezz?
    They are doing this so its easyer to do 10man raids.
    If someone died in 10man raids in wrath, and you didnt have a druid, then you had to whipe it and go again (when instances just got out).
    Now they give "combat ress" to warlocks so that you dont "neeed" a druid in the 10man group, you can choses what class you want to bring.
    IMO its a silly change, and i hope they wont do it.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    I must say I like the change.
    Back when I was raiding there were situations, I would have wished I had that ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a great change, whatever gets me taken over those bloody mages
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    They are doing this so its easyer to do 10man raids.
    If someone died in 10man raids in wrath, and you didnt have a druid, then you had to whipe it and go again (when instances just got out).
    Now they give "combat ress" to warlocks so that you dont "neeed" a druid in the 10man group, you can choses what class you want to bring.
    IMO its a silly change, and i hope they wont do it.
    And how would you feel if they took a shadow priest over you as a destruction warlock for the same stamina buff because they no longer "need" you ?
    Warlocks are in the rare position that they have little competition for any buffs they provide which are considered essential.
    If you lost your spot due to someone else offering a buff you had then your view would be somewhat different.

I want to be in a raid because I am justifying my spot, not simply because someone else isn't providng one buff from me which requires little to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And how would you feel if they took a shadow priest over you as a destruction warlock for the same stamina buff because they no longer "need" you ?
    Warlocks are in the rare position that they have little competition for any buffs they provide which are considered essential.
    If you lost your spot due to someone else offering a buff you had then your view would be somewhat different.

I want to be in a raid because I am justifying my spot, not simply because someone else isn't providng one buff from me which requires little to no effort.
    yes i understand what you are talking about, but that is not the reason i dont like it.
    I dont like that they are makeing it even easyer for 10man raiding, i think it should stop with them getting the same rewards as 25man, seeing 10man are 100% easyer to complete, so giveing them another option on a CR is mehh.
    But yes warlocks should have something else to make them uniq. but soulstone as it its working now is always good, Tanks die all the time
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

The thing that Blizz is trying to make players realize is that you DON'T NEED A SPECIFIC ROLL FOR A RAID. I've lead ICC 10 all Paladin raids and did 10/12 clear, farther than most true PuG's get on my server. It's so you are not sitting in Trade saying SUP we're a guild looking to raid but we have to have a Shammy, Priest, Hunter, ETC to progress.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

i reckon they will change it
    like totally dude-bro, I couldn't have said it better myself mang

Maybe they'll let use use soulstone before combat that won't count towards the 3 bress.

It is a good idea to aid with the increased emphasis on 10 man raiding. Shamans were the only class with heroism/bloodlust now BM hunters and Mages (at 85) have it. This change is only logical and is a great thing for warlocks personally but for 10 man raiding in general. Allowing 10 man guilds to pick classes not simply because of there buffs or abilities. However, the only downside is that classes may become less "unique". Which I can understand some peoples concerns.

Like some of you said , of course you have lots of druid in guild and its easy to bright 1 or even to pug 1 in a 25 man but when cata hit, it gonna be way more 10 man then 25 man and then you might not be able to bring a druid or the one you bring is a tank.... having someone helse to be able to "rebirth" is awsome! For those who care about losing dps .... well its a freaking 1 global cd... at worst it gonna take 2 max 3 sec so be happy for the new systeme!!

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy View Post
    Maybe they'll let use use soulstone before combat that won't count towards the 3 bress.
    It's not how it work! the count is when the fight start you have 3 res if you cast it on someone and he dosnt use it you still have 3 res. Then if he use it you now have 2 res left!

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    yes i understand what you are talking about, but that is not the reason i dont like it.
    I dont like that they are makeing it even easyer for 10man raiding, i think it should stop with them getting the same rewards as 25man, seeing 10man are 100% easyer to complete, so giveing them another option on a CR is mehh.
    But yes warlocks should have something else to make them uniq. but soulstone as it its working now is always good, Tanks die all the time
    You are asuming that 10 man are 100% easyer then 25 man well... this isnt truth for cata! the fight will be much harder for the 10 man then the 25 man! In a 10 man you have a lots less room for a screew up! In cata I would not be surprise to see guild runing 10 man and pug 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    My only concern is, if you can cast it on a dead person, why would anyone risk placing it on someone pre-emptively when there's a large chance it would be wasted? Okay, so the Warlock saves a GCD by pre-emptively placing an SS on someone, but that's such a minor benefit that it's clearly the better option to just save it and use it mid-combat, than to have to guess beforehand and be at a large risk that someone else dies and you made the wrong choice.

This change will effectively kill off the use of SS as an intelligent and risk/reward BR and essentially turn it into a Druid's BR but with a 5 minute longer CD.
    the only problem wit this line of thinking is if your raid has a druid, and your raid lead's not a tard, he's going to tell you not to stone anyone but the druid because it locks the druid out if you guess right, and in that case, you just used your one BR per encounter. may as well just do like we do now, and SS the druid.

edit: sorry, mind's in 10-man mode, since that's what i'll be leading in cata. not herding 25 people around anymore for the same gear with the added "fun" of ten times the stress. in 25's, same thing, only you're going to have your two locks stoning two druids, and that's it =P

Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    Stupid change. Let's make this game even more bland and generic.
    Bring the player, not the class !

"It's Nice To Be Important , But It's More Important To Be Nice"

Deleted
    They won't change it because it would be imbalanced for pvp.