Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    /nod

This kind of pulling will be impossible in Cata, but this isn't cata, this is WLK, where everyone is overgeared and most tanks can solo instances like UK.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2010-11-05 at 03:12 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    So many posts on this, the tanking and healing of heroics. As a healer I will say this: Tanks you are 110% correct, you can pretty much roflstomp heroics right now, not even really needing hardly any heals. Sooooooo....

Dear Tanks,

Remember how you act towards/treat us...

We're gonna be the ones keeping you alive in your scrub ass lvl 85 greens and lvl 82 quest reward blues. And if your name rings a bell as a cocky SOB that was trash talking one of us wanting to drink or something....

Don't be surprised at many deaths... often.

I appreciate the blowing through heroics as much as the next guy when I don't really need them or like running them at this point... but don't let a cocky attitude get you in trouble in the future.

We need you guys!! But you are going to need us just as badly!!! Let's keep the relationship civil and friendly!!

Sincerely,

The Healers
    I'm main swapping to a priest in a month. I get to join you in healerland

I get annoyed when tanks in 277 gear and 15% health don't keep pulling. It's like, dude... you won't die just keep going, so what if I'm hurricaning.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2010-11-05 at 03:17 PM.

hell even if im healing i just let the tank go and not heal him/her for 1/2 pulls while i drink up to full (less if the tank is dying) heroics are not the hardest thing to grace the earth

Dear tank,

Please feel free to pull as much as you want whenever you want. Half the time I don't even bother healing you as my earth shield and healing stream totem does my job for me. If you pulled more then I might have something else to do besides dancing in ghost wolf.

P.S. Looking forward to those first few weeks of Cata when heroics are actually hard again.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I get annoyed when takes in 277 gear and 15% health don't keep pulling. It's like, dude... you won't die just keep going, so what if I'm hurricaning.
    This! 15% for me is still 10000 HP, that's plenty for any pull.

I don't see the point in this thread. If you're geared and don't need healing, the healer won't be OOM unless they are undergeared in which case it takes twice the mana to heal you back up from the damage you do eventually take, and you should be patient with them because being undergeared sucks. But what are heroics for? Getting gear? Oh my...
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

Dear friendly competent tank,

While your post is mostly reasonable, I'd advise passing this information on to the healer in your once-weekly heroic group in the form of a party chat macro or something. This way, you will actually be sure that your message gets to them, and not to the healers on this forum - 95% (or so) of whom are probably competent enough to know this already or some derivation of it and therefore will spare you from the assumption that your post is just another patronizing tank player bitching about the healers that don't read this forum.

Thanks,

One of the healers that reads these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsayter View Post
    Dear tank,

Please feel free to pull as much as you want whenever you want. Half the time I don't even bother healing you as my earth shield and healing stream totem does my job for me. If you pulled more then I might have something else to do besides dancing in ghost wolf.

P.S. Looking forward to those first few weeks of Cata when heroics are actually hard again.
    I once was in a nexus group with a competent healer. I pulled the first 2 bosses and every thin in between all at the same time. No one dropped below 80% health the entire pull. Heroics are somewhat more fun if you so shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsayter View Post
    Dear tank,

Dear Shamans,
    when you're not healing you can cast lightning bolt. It'll regen mana faster than it will consume it.

Had 3 dps die on PoS because a skele pwned us while the tank was AoEing other stuff. The healer just ran about riptiding every 10 sec, waiting for the bear to kill things, because he cba to do dps himself. QQ.

Apparently it's "Tanks who don't need heals" week. Don't worry, "healers who hate fast tanks" will roll around again soon. Then, you guessed it, it's the return of everybody's favourite "tanks who don't need heals"!!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I heal, I'll sit down and drink when I need to. If the tank keeps going and I'm still drinking, he might die. Fine with me.

When I'm tanking, the healer rarely will run out of mana unless he's in crap gear or just terrible at mana-gement. I expect him to sit and drink when he needs to. I'll probably be pulling anyway cuz I don't give a crap. If I die, I don't care. I'll release and run back and keep going. Repairs are cheap and time isn't :P
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Why would I slow down just because you need mana.

I can do 99% of pulls in heroic without any heals, no need to wait just for you.
    Not everyone is a special snowflake like you are who can solo heroic instances without the need for heals. Of course, I am sure you would never do anything to get me in combat when you run face-first into three groups so I can't drink, because that would just be plain stupid, so it all works out.

Your friendly competent tank.
    If you were competent, you wouldn't be pulling when the healer has absolutely no mana.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

My name is vanquisher Jedelak and i approve this message. sick of seeing the healer QQ threads on how tanks chain pull to get an instance done quick... u need mana stop and drink or pop some mana regen cd we wont dy that easy guys i went thru Heroic Pit of Saron on my warrior without heals cuz healer was afk at the start and we couldnt kick him. so i kept goign till the first boss and did the trash around him till we could kick him. didnt need one heal, we got avoidance for a reason mr druid that finds a way to go oom.

The majority of the time if I do something it's with guildies who are all people capable of doing ICC25 heroic LK, which is a lot different from your random pug. But unfortunately I've been griding out gear for a Herald of the titans run, and need a lot of badges for it.
    So if you got so good players in your guild why exactly are you on LFG?

I mean when I needed to farm some badges, points now, I would ask in my guild, especially if I didn't want to get bad groups.

When you go to LFG, you should expect to get new players, players who have little experience and players who aren't as good as you. So you have the choice you either /leave, try to play as a team, or you can act like you are a leet who knows best.

Unfortunately seeing this forum it seems all have H-LK 25 kills on farm for like 6 months, and everyone nowadays decides to play like they are God gracing the mere masses with their presence, but no one knows why they Pug strange isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Apparently it's "Tanks who don't need heals" week. Don't worry, "healers who hate fast tanks" will roll around again soon. Then, you guessed it, it's the return of everybody's favourite "tanks who don't need heals"!!

Lmao, the best part about it.... is that in a sense, MILDLY... they are both somewhat correct.

It's just a big whose d*ck is bigger contest at this point.

Honestly, if people remember the beginning of any expansion they realize we are all going to need one another and our skills to get through shit soooooo .. these posts are really redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second.... people need to drink in 5 man heroics?...... ok, carry on

Both tanks and healers can be some real drama queens, really.
    What you should do is take a look at people's gear and judge how much you can pull out from that.

Really, this is why things like GearScore is lame, because people don't take a proper look at things.

Why would I slow down just because you need mana.

I can do 99% of pulls in heroic without any heals, no need to wait just for you.
    this.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by sephrael View Post
    Dear friendly competent tank,

While your post is mostly reasonable, I'd advise passing this information on to the healer in your once-weekly heroic group in the form of a party chat macro or something. This way, you will actually be sure that your message gets to them, and not to the healers on this forum - 95% (or so) of whom are probably competent enough to know this already or some derivation of it and therefore will spare you from the assumption that your post is just another patronizing tank player bitching about the healers that don't read this forum.

Thanks,

One of the healers that reads these forums.
    Oh, I have a macro. Leme go get it for you.

Hello and welcome to this heroic hosted by Mercfighter Please keep your hands and feet behind the tank at all times as I will be moving at a high rate of speed Special note to the healer We will not be stopping for mana feel free to pull over at any time