Class homogenization= better 1v1 balance?

One of the things i am really annoyed by with cataclysm is the total class homogenization.

But shouldn't class homogenization give us better 1vs1 balance? I mean if all classes was equal, then 1v1 balance would be perfect.
    So we should expect better 1vs1 balance in cata, and if we don't get that... i guess they failed. "bring the player, not the class"...

The only possible 1v1 balance can only come when all classes become merged into one unique class, and everyone plays with the same tools, talents, gear and level, essentially becoming clones of each other, which is a very, very unlikely scenario.
    Wow pvp is based in teamwork, and in the need for everyone to cover their teammates so (hopefully) they do the same for you. As a result of this philosophy, as long as there is classes, certain ones will always have advantage in 1v1 situations over certain others, but this is intended by blizzard in its design, and I doubt they will change their ways.
    Last edited by fushio; 2010-11-05 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    One of the things i am really annoyed by with cataclysm is the total class homogenization.

But shouldn't class homogenization give us better 1vs1 balance? I mean if all classes was equal, then 1v1 balance would be perfect.
    So we should expect better 1vs1 balance in cata, and if we don't get that... i guess they failed. "bring the player, not the class"...
    You are reaching a very extreme conclusion based on shaky logic. Just because certain types of buffs and abilities are getting spread around does not mean that 1v1 balance will change. It might get a little better, but it also might be unnoticeable. To say something like "if 1v1 isn't balanced, they failed", is just unnecessary and completely false.