Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I heard of this in one of his videos and liked it a lot. The idea is that you don't have more than the current dual spec but the spec only locks you into your current tree. So for instance you'd have a dual spec of arcane and fire. With that it would allow you to change the spec in your fire tree but keep it mandatory that the majority of your points be in your fire tree. This way you could spec an aoe/cleave like fire spec and then swap back to a single target spec fire whenever you like out of combat. This would actually be beneficial mostly just for mages though is the issue since most class specs don't have the abundance of aoe/cleaving that fire does to the point where you could technically have two specs for it.

So the mere fact that a fire mage would be one of the few specs to take advantage of it is why it wouldn't go through with the above reasoning. What would be the more likely cause of something like this being implemented is that it would allow players to use a pvp spec of that tree as well as it's pve spec. This keeps limitations on the player from being able to spec all three trees while having the flexibility of being able to pve and pvp with multiple specs at once.

I for one would love something like this because I raid and pvp with two characters, however since the majority of players only do one or the other I doubt anything more than a dual spec would be implemented.

Deleted
    This is the point he's trying to make:

Your character is a mage, and you have two trees. You like PvPing as Frost and you like PvEing as Fire.

Now, since the design philosophy on talent trees has changed for Cataclysm, instead of having a max build with no talents to play around with, you have a build with a few talents that can be used for SITUATIONAL gains.

Since these gains are very situational, wouldn't it make sense to be able to easily change them? Otherwise, you can't make use of those situational talent points as easily, and their purpose becomes rather void.

That is why he argues that it should be easier to change the talent points without having to go to a trainer for a complete respec. However, since he still wants dual-spec to be relevant, he suggests that you should still be locked within your chosen tree.

Quote Originally Posted by LastBlood View Post

Your character is a mage, and you have two trees. You like PvPing as Frost and you like PvEing as Fire.

Now, since the design philosophy on talent trees has changed for Cataclysm, instead of having a max build with no talents to play around with, you have a build with a few talents that can be used for SITUATIONAL gains.

Since these gains are very situational, wouldn't it make sense to be able to easily change them? Otherwise, you can't make use of those situational talent points as easily, and their purpose becomes rather void.

That is why he argues that it should be easier to change the talent points without having to go to a trainer for a complete respec. However, since he still wants dual-spec to be relevant, he suggests that you should still be locked within your chosen tree.
    exactly, since those talent are really really situational... not being able to switch them around with ease practically makes them obselete...

A nice idea, but too situational.

Much better, in my way of thinking, is to have a mandatory PvP spec. That would allow Blizzard to finally separate PvP spell abilities for PvE, ending the "nerf spell X 'cause it's too powerful in PvP". Make the PvP spec automatically proc when entering an arena, battleground or something similar. World PvP is a tougher nut; you wouldn't want two DPS types challenging each other and then attacking a boss with imba abilities.

I think that if Blizzard is ever going to get PvP out of PvE out of PvP, they will have to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LastBlood View Post

Exactly, however again the issue is that I think most talent trees don't have the issue that the mage's fire tree does by providing so many talents that are completely situational. That makes me think that something like this is asking for a bit much, however if I'm wrong and most trees do provide situational talents that aren't always spec'd into correct me by all means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Exactly, however again the issue is that I think most talent trees don't have the issue that the mage's fire tree does by providing so many talents that are completely situational. That makes me think that something like this is asking for a bit much, however if I'm wrong and most trees do provide situational talents that aren't always spec'd into correct me by all means.
    The difference between PvP and PvE specs, for one.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    Dreaded 4chan. If you are troll/memes/eyebleach intolerant dont ever visit that site.
    you say that like it was a bad thing. ;P
    404's retarded cousin
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterend09 View Post
    I jizzed in my pants over 9000 times
    ^^^taken way out of context for teh lulz^^^