Fire Mastery Question

The more I think about it the more it seems like the Fire Mastery isn't as good as the Frost or Arcane Mastery. It's adding damage to smallest part of your DPS. Your direct damage spells do the majority of you DPS but the mastery for fire only helps your indirect damage. The Mastery for Frost and Arcane apply to your direct damage spells.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery doesn't have to be the best stat for every spec you know
    goes great with 7-Up!

Intended to be used with glyphed FFB but you can not attain enough mastery rating through reforging alone to make it viable. Once mastery is on gear FFB will be closer in line with Fire and Arcane.

I know the mathematical system of masterys and how affective they are for the spec. Cba to write them coz its really long. But basically it says Arcane and Frost mastery > Fire mastery. So I have to agree with you. but I am feeling that they will buff it up.

Is there any hint they will reduce amount of mastery needed in cataclysam for ffb to be viable couse aparently according to some math u need like 55+ mastery for it to be comparable with fireball? or at least increase the dmg dot does

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to buff mastery, not buff the FFB glyph. Mastery is just too weak for Fire specs now, period. I plan to reforge it all into crit in cata for my Fire gear set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I think they need to buff mastery, not buff the FFB glyph. Mastery is just too weak for Fire specs now, period. I plan to reforge it all into crit in cata for my Fire gear set.
    And why does this have to be a bad thing? Just because it's a new stat doesn't mean it has to trump every other stat for every spec. I'll be reforging all of my rogue's crit to haste, but that doesn't mean that crit needs to be buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down