10+ Year Old Account

Bio - Maloik Pinkeye

The following character will remain mostly inactive until the Cataclysm hits. Along with his bio I'll also add the first Chapter of his story. Other chapters may come later on.

Bio

Name: Maloik Pinkeye

Race: Goblin

Class: Warlock

Personality: As a goblin that is approaching old age, Maloik tends to be grumpy and impatient with other people. After spending most of his life in Kezan working as a very successful “professional informant”, Maloik has learned to appreciate the quiet of his study, but he still remembers fondly of the time when he fought under the Old Horde during the Second War as a very young warlock apprentice.

Likes: Having experienced a bit of adventure during his youth, Maloik longs for a more exciting life. Inquisitiveness being in his goblin blood and a part of his profession, the old goblin would like to become an explorer and achieve great riches as a dungeon raider. His knowledge of dungeons comes mostly from books and stories however, so his opinion on them might change drastically after he experiences the possible horrors of Azeroth.

Dislikes: Interruptions and ignorant people. As a grumpy old goblin that isn’t fully satisfied with his lot in life, Maloik tends to be very impatient with those around him. He is well aware that he’s not getting any younger and thus is very unforgiving of those that waste his time. He also tends to have a bit of prejudice against orcs, considering them too dense for their own good and calling them “gringos” behind their backs.

Strengths: Oddly enough for a goblin, Maloik is a perfectionist who likes to have everything planed and prepared beforehand. He’s also especially capable of staying focused on specific tasks for a long time, two qualities he developed with old age. That does not mean he will never burst in fits of rage when he fails tough, something usually followed by green balls of fel fire flying everywhere.

Weakness: Maloik has little to no social skills and cares not for other people’s feelings. He is also no warrior and will not think twice before fleeing from danger, leaving friends behind if needed.

History: During the Second War, when the Horde started hiring non-orcish races into their ranks, young Maloik saw the opportunity to achiev fame, fortune and a exciting life as an adventurer. For a very short period of time, he even studied the ways of fel magic under Gul’dan as a junior member of the Shadow Council, but his adventures were cut short prematurely when Orgrim Doomhammer took full control of the Horde and purged most warlocks from their ranks. Since Maloik was no Burning Legion fanatic, instead of attempting to flee with the rest of Gul’dan’s followers as they went into hiding, the young goblin decided to return home in Kezan where it was safe. His dreams of adventure were never fulfilled, but at least he learned enough about the arcane and demonic arts to establish a very profitable life selling exclusive information he acquires through scrying, imp questioning and the occasional torturing.

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 05:03 PM ----------

This is the first chapter telling Maloik’s story and how he joined the Horde. The events bellow happened one month before the Shattering, in other words, today.

Chapter One: Informant Supreme

“Now, what secrets are you hiding form me, my little hot headed friend?” said Maloik Pinkeye, bending down over his desk to take a better look at the small lesser fire elemental he had managed to lock away in a specially enchanted glass vial. The tiny manifestation of fire had been acting strange for quite sometime now and Maloik couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it, but it surely wasn’t good news.

News. Information. That was Maloiks line of work ever since he arrived in Kezan many years ago and he excelled at that. He had earned a decent living by serving as an advisor to Flint Bucketbender, one of the richest goblins of the Isle. Not only was he an expert on world history, but by using his considerable warlock powers he developed during the Second War, Maloik could also question lesser demons, delve into arcane scrying devices and, if all failed, use green balls of fel fire to extract information from others.

Although this lifestyle was a bit dull for Maloik’s taste who missed dearly his days as a field adventurer, he had pride in his abilities. He liked to think of himself as an “Informant Supreme”, but most goblins of Kezan called him “Professional Snitch” or just “Old Rat”. Success came with a price.

At least his boss was glad to have him around, especially after Maloik advised him to invest a lot of money on the new Kaja’Cola sensation. Skeptical at first, Flint eventually profited a lot from that but he wasn’t satisfied, he never was. He was a goblin after all.

“Mal! Where the heck are you!” shouted Bucketbender, kicking the door to Maloik’s study open and barging in. “Ah! There you are! Where is that report on next month’s footbomb match I asked you! You’re getting lazy with old age, Mal!”

“Oh, hi boss, what a great pleasure to see you...” said Maloik, obvious sarcasm dripping from his words as he lifted himself slowly from his desk.

“Cut the pleasantries, Mal. What do you have there? What are you working on? More to the point, how am I gonna profit from that?”

“Well, actually it’s good that you asked. I’ve noticed the elementals have been a bit too worked up lately. There’s something wrong with them boss and I’m worried about what all this could mea...”

“Wait! Elementals? Why should I care about all that gibberish?! I don’t pay you top money to tell me fairy tales about some overly stressed piece of angry charcoal!” shouted Flint, pointing an angry fist to the elemental inside the bottle.

“But boss! This could be serious! I don’t see the elements in such turmoil ever since the Second War when...”

“Oh heck no, you geezer! Don’t you start with your oh-so-boring stories about when you fought under the Horde, and invaded Stormwind, and studied under some Gul’dun and blah blah blah!”

“Gul’dan, his name was Gul’dan and yes, I studied under him...”

“And so did hundreds of other! Some of them were ogres for gold’s sake!”

Flint, took a deep breath and then passed one of his arms around Maloik’s shoulders. “Mal, I like you, I really do, but you gotta get over yourself, man! Those times are over, we goblins fend for ourselves now and YOU, my old friend, work for me! Now talk about something useful! Talk footbomb! I want my moolah!”

“Alright! Alright!” yelled Maloik exasperated, waving his arms on the air to calm his boss down. He knew he was getting nowhere through Flint’s thick skull, so he walked over his room and picked up a folder with “footbomb matches” written on it.

“Here. I’ve written all the data I manage to get on the Bilgewater Buccaneers vs Steamwheedle Shark game. I hope that’s enough for you...” shoving the folder on Flint’s waiting hands.

“See? Now that wasn’t so hard was it, Mal?” Flint opened the file, his beady eyes running through the annotations as he tried to determine on which team to bet his money on. “Wait a minute... it says here I should bet on the Buccaneers? But they suck! They haven’t won a decent game since... ever!”

“I know, but I have reasons to believe they might have the upper hand this time. I did some scrying around and managed to find out that their coach Crosscheck mixed some of that Kaja’Cola into the Buccaneers’ footbombs.”

“Ha ha! Now that’s why I hired you! You and me, ol’ Mal! Keep up the good work and we’ll make it to the top in this place! With your smarts and my good looks we will get to the top! I might even make it to Trade Prince! You just gotta get your priorities straight, buddy. You’ll see!” said Bucketbender as he left Maloik’s study, his mind already fogged by the prospects of lucre.

“Yeah... and I’ll be the Warchief of the freaking Horde...” sighed Maloik in a low voice, his pinkish eyes going back to the angry fiery elemental, bashing his tiny fists against his glass prison.
    Last edited by Galbrei; 2010-11-05 at 07:04 PM.