Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I first got annoyed when it was announced, but I'm in a total love with the concept now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am upset at the lack of a mount. Every other playable race in the game has something interesting mount-wise to offer the other races, so as a Human I feel like I'm missing out on a big extra something that could have made the game that much more interesting.

Looking at it from my Druid's side which will be a Worgen as soon as race change is possible, I still think it's completely idiotic. My reason for saying this is because Worgen already had a passive ability to make them run really fast. So not only do they have that Darkflight ability, but they also have Running Wild as well to make them run really REALLY fast. One pace-quickening spell was enough and now they are stuck with this butt up in the air "mount aura" with a stupid name that makes me think of that terrible band "Running Wild" and a bunch of chimpanzees running around a zoo.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of the Worgen's inner beast allowing them to do this, but I feel that the Running Wild animation should have been in place for Darkflight and them still be granted an actual mount for every other race to access. Gilneans are not stupid mindless beasts, so I bet they would not turn down something that would aid them in such a way. You know the Exodus quest where they use horsies to run them down the way with a carriage? I don't see their beastly predatory instincts dramatically fighting to come out. And they also are able to ride other mounts in the game. Blizzards arguement of "It didn't feel right to give them a mount" makes zero sense to me.
    Last edited by Scratchee; 2010-11-06 at 07:04 AM.

People, the question isn't "should they get a mount instead." The question is "should they ever get mounts so I can add to my collection." As a fellow collector, it is annoying to know there's nothing to look forward to from the Worgen, at least not yet.
    Something tells me eventually they'll add something, otherwise the mount imbalance would be too big to ignore with 6-7 racial mounts and a PvP mount missing. I'm curious as to how they'll do it though, if it'll be for the Worgen or something else. They couldn't do it with a neutral faction that sells mounts only to Alliance as that'd just be crazy time. Maybe instead of a "Worgen" mount, they'll add something later based on whatever mounts the Gilneans used before they went Worgen.

And those of you saying Goblins only get two trikes, it's pretty damn easy to just paint the model a different color, I think it's ridiculous you think the two found will be the only colors ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by psfan1507 View Post
    They fixed it with the ochre warhorse for undead, horde had to deal with a mount deficit for a while so pretty sure ally can deal with it for a little while also
    Horde weren't short a unique model though, unless you count the extremely brief Plainsrunning era. Honestly, what bugs me the most is that Gilneas isn't going to be a very convincing faction grind if all you get is an (admittedly very pretty) low level cloak. I think SOMETHING needs to be there to make the rep worthwhile. Especially since all eleven other faction races have mounts. I'd be happy with a vanity item or something, just.. SOMETHING that makes it worth having full faction exalted. Mounts would be the best route, but I'd be fine with an Orb of the Sin'dorei for worgen, or maybe a shapeshift+running wild item

A little annoyed, but ultimately, I agree that it really does suite them. :x
    Simplicity, a heart of gold, an old head on young shoulders. Quiet and lovely,
    become a part of me, And now I see, from a handful of names and a thousand faces,
    one light, burning, fiercely.

Look another post about my sig!

\ | /
    .\|/
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check this- For $15 you can race change to Goblin and get those 6 or 7 mounts you're missing out on.

And then, please, keep your odd, OCD-type obsession away from the rest of us that think that QQing over the lack of 6-7 mounts in a sea of hundreds is not especially worth caring about. It is what it is.

Also- It's assuming they would add a faction grind for Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    Looking at it from my Druid's side which will be a Worgen as soon as race change is possible, I still think it's completely idiotic. My reason for saying this is because Worgen already had a passive ability to make them run really fast. So not only do they have that Darkflight ability, but they also have Running Wild on top of it to make them run really REALLY fast. One pace-quickening spell was enough and now they are stuck with this butt up in the air "mount aura" with a stupid name that makes me think of that terrible band "Running Wild" and a bunch of chimpanzees running around a zoo.
    DarkFlight and Running Wild is not stackable, Darkflight is just another sprint (goblins get something similar)
    Also Running Wild was an idea already used in the game, I'm sure everyone knows of the Plains Striding that Taurens had.

OT: I think it's a wonderful Idea, i think it will be really cool to see a worgen get on all fours and run away from me in a BG.

The main reason why the Gilneans don't have a special mount like the manbearpig, is cuz they essentially are humans. Why would they have a completely crazy mount when they are just like the humans of Stormwind? I'm betting they add a different kind of horse for the worgen mount... if they add anything at all...
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

they should add another color variation to each other race. For example a yellow spotted tiger, a white horse with black spots, a bi-colored ram, a elek with white stripes and a grey/white fast gnomen strider. That way alliance mount collectors would have the same ammount of mounts and no need for a completely new mount for alliance.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Ok so here is the deal, mount collecters make up about 5% of WoW's community, while not in everyone's favor, there has been lots of praise over blizzards decision to go with running wild. So why would they go through all the work so 5% of the ppl can do a rep grind. Goblins get two mounts. It is the same thing as with the engineering flyers, there is a crappy looking regular one, and a beefed up epic one with flames on it. Blizzard will not be recoloring these, so Goblins will only be getting two mount. Let me repeat that since people can't read GOBLINS ARE ONLY GET TWO MOUNT NOT 6 NOT 7 TWO FUKIN MOUNTS.

you may now cease the QQ

Quote Originally Posted by ticktickboom View Post
    The main reason why the Gilneans don't have a special mount like the manbearpig, is cuz they essentially are humans. Why would they have a completely crazy mount when they are just like the humans of Stormwind? I'm betting they add a different kind of horse for the worgen mount... if they add anything at all...
    Actually, I was thinking that maybe a really cool Black Stallion mount would be really nice, speck with maybe a silver/gold saddle/harness.

Ok so here is the deal, mount collecters make up about 5% of WoW's community, while not in everyone's favor, there has been lots of praise over blizzards decision to go with running wild. Goblins get two mounts. It is the same thing as with the engineering flyers, there is a crappy looking regular one, and a beefed up epic one with flames on it. Blizzard will not be recoloring these, so Goblins will only be getting two mount. Let me repeat that since people can't read GOBLINS ARE ONLY GET TWO MOUNT NOT 6 NOT 7 TWO FUKIN MOUNTS.
    Wonder where you got that number for collectors. Hm~~ Plus the cursing a lil much dun you think so?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I'm horde now. ^__^
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

they said that they will add some other mount for alliance to make up for it... so why so seriuos?

It shouldn't have to be so insanely balanced at the cost of a races flavor and difference. As an above poster mentioned, its people inane sense of entitlement that "awww his got more ice cream then me mum!!!" that makes this game already over balanced when it comes to the flavor of the factions and races. Its 2 mounts, its not the tipping point for PVE domination or anything, its 2 mounts. I hope Blizz doesn't balance (tho they will), or Horde will need some way of getting 2 mounts without faction exalted, to make that balanced and so on and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    I am upset at the lack of a mount. Every other playable race in the game has something interesting mount-wise to offer the other races, so as a Human I feel like I'm missing out on a big extra something that could have made the game that much more interesting.
    There's like a million mounts...why are you so devastated by one mount model that runs at 2 speeds? is it really that important? its not as if you can use all the mounts at once. you still have more to choose from than you can probably collect anyway. why deprive a race of a cool unique ability because you want to ride their mount on another race? get your own mount...you were never entitled to another race's mount, its just a benefit you were allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ticktickboom View Post
    But there would be two working solutions. How about that:

or that Werehorse:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post

I'm sure they'll fix imbalances (Although it's dumb to now, as they are going to be like 300 mounts with the top achievement still being 100)
    Fixing imbalances is what Blizzard does best! /sarcasm

OT: where the hell is my 150 mount achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyania View Post
    Actually, I was thinking that maybe a really cool Black Stallion mount would be really nice, speck with maybe a silver/gold saddle/harness.
    Thats what I'm thinking. A horse with special markings, armor, something to make it different.
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its awesome. Couldn't see them on the manbearpig. Plus ally only miss out on 2 mounts.

In b4 QQ about missing out on 2 mounts :P
    I'm not going to QQ about running wild, that's awesome. I'ma QQ about only two goblin trikes