Is anyone else playing the Alliance as anti-anti-heroes?

With our inevitably human-centred-and-biased eyes, I believe that we can easily say that:
    the Alliance are "normal" to be picked as "good guys."
    and the Horde are for those who want "cooler and wild" antagonistic roles.

because of the above reasons, I wanted to pick a Horde race in vanilla WoW. Although my main race was NE in WC3..

Even the colour schemes and variations of Horde races are very attractive to me, especially when I compare them to relatively more mundane Alliance races, despite the lores.
    -of course, only until Worgen came out and brought a cataclysm to my mind <3-

However I never raised any Horde characters cos I wanted to fight against those bad-ass Horde players and that seemed even more cooler than being one of them, you know what I mean?

I knew the Horde will be full of players who are more competitive and aggressive in pvp, and probably will be full of haters who will assume that I'm for sure one of those ordinaries that they want to face-stomp.

Well, it's not been easy to be a pvp-lover and an Alliance player at the same time,
    But it still gives me a bigger satisfaction when I defeat those who are considered better in pvp than my faction; the Horde feels like elite forces that are outnumbered but skilled. (although population ratio are pretty equal now)

Anyone else is playing Alliance for this kind of reason? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance are fascist genocidal bastards.

The Horde are warmongering bloodthirsty bastards.

We're all bastards. There are no "good guys". Except maybe the Naaru.

that indeed is a really great point of view, i particullary havent thought of that, most likely i went alliance cuz worgens appeared but yes beign on the other side of the blade will make me improve on these kind of things

No...I play alliance because thats what my brother played, thats what my wife played and thats what my friends played. If I didnt want to play on my own I had no choice.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta.

I rarely attack first in world PVP. I move close to them. I'm ready, but pretend not to be. Fake afk or pretend I'm looking at the vendor/quest text. They always attack. Always. It's so predictable. It makes beating them that much more satisfying; when they're most likely regretting their actions.

ps. I never wanted to see a bald, frowning, tanned human male paladin charging towards me.
    it feels like they are going to penetrate their hammer all the way up to my rectum with no mercy.
    I can stand Deathwing's stares, but not ^ these.

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Sorta.

I rarely attack first in world PVP. I move close to them. I'm ready, but pretend not to be. Fake afk or pretend I'm looking at the vendor/quest text. They always attack. Always. It's so predictable. It makes beating them that much more satisfying; when they're most likely regretting their actions.
    This exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Instead of bastard, I would put:

Alliance- prick
    Horde- people who live like the U.S. did in the civil war (divided)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

The space goats are "good guys".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollin Mon View Post
    Instead of bastard, I would put:

Alliance- prick
    Horde- people who live like the U.S. did in the civil war (divided)
    what makes the alliance pricks? don't say because they hate the undead. we have seen what allying with the dead achieves!

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing alliance for nearly 4 years, i faction changed to horde yesterday. All of my friends either transferred aswell or are going to do so in the near future. And im not so much of a loner so i came along. And i must say its alot of fun to be on the other side if youve never been there before.

Though i rarely pvp, i do it alot more now, maybe that will drop down abit when ive seen more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance is better. Don't believe me come to Greymane US and play EITHER faction. See what happens.

Of course this is within my standpoint of WoW. I have played on multiple servers and have found ally to be much more enjoyable. The pinnacle of which being Greymane, for a multitude of reasons (which I will not get into, it is neither here nor there).

As far as lore goes, without sounding overly convoluted (like your double negative thread title does), alliance are the righteous protagonists. Horde are not ALL downright evil, although some may be. All alliance races and members seek a common goal, that is to live free and not be oppressed by orcs, demons, old gods (and their lovecraftian-rip-off-ilk), and whatever else threatens the homeland (sound familiar?).

While the horde is vastly familiar, 2 of the 5 current races are foreign to azeroth and are seeking to strike into this world a place to call their own. I won't extrapolate on this further because that lone sentence should imply enough on what their goals are.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Alliance is better. Don't believe me come to Greymane US and play EITHER faction. See what happens.

Of course this is within my standpoint of WoW. I have played on multiple servers and have found ally to be much more enjoyable. The pinnacle of which being Greymane, for a multitude of reasons (which I will not get into, it is neither here nor there).

As far as lore goes, without sounding overly convoluted (like your double negative thread title does), alliance are the righteous protagonists. Horde are not ALL downright evil, although some may be. All alliance races and members seek a common goal, that is to live free and not be oppressed by orcs, demons, old gods (and their lovecraftian-rip-off-ilk), and whatever else threatens the homeland (sound familiar?).

While the horde is vastly familiar, 2 of the 5 current races are foreign to azeroth and are seeking to strike into this world a place to call their own. I won't extrapolate on this further because that lone sentence should imply enough on what their goals are.
    Alliance is better on your server maybe...

Regardless red is dead.