Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Light of the Dawn] as of Cataclysm?

Dear readers,

I was wondering, does anybody here know if the title is going to be impossible to get in Cataclysm?
    To ppl who doesn't know how to get it, it's obtained through killing Arthas on 25-man Heroic mode.

Thank you so much in advance for your answer!

It will probably stay so that every scrub in the world will pug it after a tier or two of raiding.

Really disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Really disappointing.
    If this is the case, then yes...

But nobody who knows for sure?

It will probably stay so that every scrub in the world will pug it after a tier or two of raiding.

Really disappointing.
    Why would it be dissapointing?? cause you would stop being a unique Snow Flake and no1 would recognize ur 1337'ness??

seriuslly, by that time u would probably have another leet tittle to show to ppl why would u care?? u would know u did it when it matters (even if u could consider doing it in the 30% buff a reason to feel speciall)

and before u ask, no i haven't the tittle yet, my guild is still trying to do it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Really disappointing.
    I doubt it will be pugged. The Defile and Shadow Traps are more than a pug can handle, and those will still be raid wipers.

Deleted

Really disappointing.
    I agree, we are going for a new era of wow and we should leave wotlk behind. Remove the cosmetics of wotlk and let the people who earned it while it was challenging keep it as a feat of strength. Arguments like "There will be new better shinier mounts available in cata, stop being a selfish fuck and let me have what was once a proof of skill!!" is not valid, not at all. There will be new cata-mounts and people should focus on them instead. I my self would really like to have the Light of dawn. But not if it's a lol title that you get in the old icc instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post
    Why would it be dissapointing?? cause you would stop being a unique Snow Flake and no1 would recognize ur 1337'ness??

seriuslly, by that time u would probably have another leet tittle to show to ppl why would u care?? u would know u did it when it matters (even if u could consider doing it in the 30% buff a reason to feel speciall)

and before u ask, no i haven't the tittle yet, my guild is still trying to do it.
    this is basicly like using this to answer the hardcore - casual debate.
    its the fact that people had to work hard for it, now people can roll in half naked half equipped and faceroll it

Deleted
    since i probably wont get it before cata id think it would be nice to be able to get it for a little while... like with the hand of a'dal titel. aviable a couple of weeks into wotlk but then removed. http://www.wowpedia.org/Hand_of_A'dal

but if not... Let no one be able to get it after cataclysm hits...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post

goat hunter nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    I doubt it will be pugged. The Defile and Shadow Traps are more than a pug can handle, and those will still be raid wipers.
    ^ This.. Lich king 25 HC will never be pugable.. health and damage increased won't do a fuck to the way you have to move to avoid traps, the way to have to stand for valkyrs and get the stuns right... and don't even get me started on defile.. it will grow just as fast in level 85 as it those now, and since pugs are clueless, and we think we can mostly all agree on that one.. and how about the frostmoune room, if you don't get all the spirits down inside there you will be faced with some fatass damage, and i HIGHLY doubt you will EVER be able to make a pug run in 1 big group, instead of a headless chicken farm, the bombs will fall randomly everywhere.... and just 3-5 dead inside there and the lich king WILL oneshot your level 85 epic geared tank...
    Last edited by mmoc1dea7d20e3; 2010-11-06 at 11:14 PM.

Who cares if they still allow the title to be achieved, it's just flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have such a problem with it, consider that there is a timestamp on all achevi's , meaning if you already have it, someone who gets it after 12/7/10 isn't as good as you and you can sit back knowing that you got it when it counted and they got it after the fact

Why do we raid? To get gear, to help our progression.
    What do we get (that will last for more than 12 months)? Titles and drakes.

Now Blizzard is going to let people go back an expansion and get shit that was difficult to get then. Titles AND Drakes will probably be available to get during Cata. No longer will people look at you and think "Shit man, he played all through Wrath and got freaking Light of Dawn, wow he must be great.", instead they will look at you and think "Lol, scrub can't get Cata titles, so he Pugged LoD lololol noob."

It's complete bullshit.

---------- Post added 2010-11-06 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    If you have such a problem with it, consider that there is a timestamp on all achevi's , meaning if you already have it, someone who gets it after 12/7/10 isn't as good as you and you can sit back knowing that you got it when it counted and they got it after the fact
    Yeah. You see someone flying past, and as you see them, you right click to compare achives, to see if they are good or have a welfare title, in the whole 2 seconds it takes them to get out of range... Yeah. DERP.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Agree. Really, people still fail in SWP because they don't use the portals/don't avoid the breath/don't get the correct debuff. They still fail in BT because they don't run out the raid/they don't run away from others/they don't interrupt/they run into the fire/they keep meleeing when they're not meant to/they don't kill adds.

LK Heroic won't be puggable easily until expansion 4, at the very least. A good pug of people that have done it before and are from different guilds, maybe. The average pug of people that still don't think CC is required, don't know they have stuns that need to be used, don't know to run as a group, run into the frigging orbs, shadow trap the raid. No, it won't be pugged.

If it stays in, so what. We have this convo every expansion. We had it about the SWP Bow, SWP Kills after the "lolpatch", Amani Warbears, Naxx and Corrupted Ashbringer. Everything changes, everything stays the same.

In the end, i've just given up being bothered about what stays and what get's removed. If i was so bothered about these things, i'd have joined a top guild long ago and sacrificed all friendships for the sake of a few e-peen points. However, for me, i've got enough out of the expansion that i don't really care if the stuff i didn't earn stays, or if it get's removed. In the end, it really doesn't matter.
    This, 10 TIMES. Seriously I keep saying to my guildies that Light of Dawn will STILL be hard as hell even with lvl 85 epics and they keep laughing at me. Really ? Unless going with 20 guildies and SERIOUSLY refreshing the strat, you wont get him down. Plague, shadow trap, defile, valkyrs... I twont be hard if you know your business, but with clueless puggers ? Not even close. Even AVERAGE guilds will need to execute it properly. If you REALLY think you can bruteforce LK heroic with people who never praticed it, you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsail the Orc View Post
    Why do we raid? To get gear, to help our progression.
    What do we get (that will last for more than 12 months)? Titles and drakes.

Now Blizzard is going to let people go back an expansion and get shit that was difficult to get then. Titles AND Drakes will probably be available to get during Cata. No longer will people look at you and think "Shit man, he played all through Wrath and got freaking Light of Dawn, wow he must be great.", instead they will look at you and think "Lol, scrub can't get Cata titles, so he Pugged LoD lololol noob."

It's complete bullshit.
    Actually some of us don't base our playing experience on what other people think of our in game achievements. I use a title because it sounds cool and fits with the character - as an example about Light of Dawn itself, I really think the title fits my Paladin healer alt, but since she's only level 74 so far and I have no particular desire to rush to 80 to gear her up just to shoot for that title, I'll wait til Cataclysm to do it. Likewise I use 'of the Nightfall' on my rogue even though it's not a particularly difficult title to get, and use Elder on my Druid even though I have Kingslayer.

I guess what I'm saying is that if your title is a desperate cry for attention based on what you've achieved in-game then you really need to look at why you're so needy for validation from a video game. Even when I see other people with Bane of the Fallen King or Light of the Dawn, I don't think "wow he must be a great player I really respect him now", I just think that it's a cool title.

Its going to be exactly the same as 'of the Nightfall' or 'Twilight Vanquisher', yes people will have them, but noone will care because everyone who matters will have a better title

Next you gonna QQ that your full 277 gear is gonna be replaced in Cata and you won't be able to show off how 1337 you were 1/2 years ago?

Really disappointing.
    No scrub will ever get it because there are 2 voidzone-esque mechanics which pretty much instaib a part if not the entire raid, namely Shadow Trap and Defile. LK 25hm won't be pugged until damage output is so brutal that p1 and 2 can be zerged with max 1 ST / Defile (and preferably without Necrotic Plague ticking more than 1 time) and healing so massive that Frostmourne part can be healed through without having to move.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2010-11-07 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Everything been said in this thread about LK HC not being puggable in cata is total BS.
    Reasons:
    1 Shadowtraps.. how many do u think there will spawn in cata when ur whole raid is pumping 40 or perhaps 50k dps? u can just stand where ever the fuck u want it will be IRRELEVANT.
    2 Valkyrs.. will get roflstomped before the paladin even has the time to consider using his Holy Wrath meaning defile is IRRELEVANT, go stand where ever the fuck u want..

10+ Year Old Account
    A: People can't outgear mechanics.

B: Blizz stated a while back most of the drakes and titles will be left in, so that all players have a chance to get it. Hardcores will get their drakes early on and be able to afk with them. Casuals will get it months later after nerfs, thats just the way it goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    and how about the frostmoune room, if you don't get all the spirits down inside there you will be faced with some fatass damage, and i HIGHLY doubt you will EVER be able to make a pug run in 1 big group, instead of a headless chicken farm, the bombs will fall randomly everywhere.... and just 3-5 dead inside there and the lich king WILL oneshot your level 85 epic geared tank...
    A falling 20k bomb might tickle a bit in FM room when u at above 100k hp.