Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    people do realise that drain life does more damage than shadowbolt?

Since Improve soulfire doesn't require target to have more than 80%hp anymore in 4.0.3, you'll be cast it every 15sec through out the fight and soul burn+SF will help us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    people do realise that drain life does more damage than shadowbolt?
    at 80 is better by such a small margin it doesnt really matter and gc has already said shadow bolt will be the go to filler for affliction.

"Drain Life -- you should still cast Shadow Bolt as Affliction when you don't need to refresh dots, etc. "
    source:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...860382&sid=1#2
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK View Post
    I'm sooooo tired of hearing that BS...

There is no point in saying that, its for one phase in a 3+ phase fight on a fight where dps/meter-whoring isn't necessary

Don't get me wrong its a great ability but it can be next to useless in a fight with little to no adds.

Affliction needs more to help compensate for the lack of USEFUL PvE soulburn effects

Hell I still think we need more PvE soulburn effects for all the specs
    lol

---------- Post added 2010-11-08 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    So you'd like to reduce the single target DPS of a spec which is already suffering greatly on single target DPS to pad meters with AOE? Nice going.

And no, there's no useful application of Soulburn for Afflic at 80 for PVE. Sucks, but with how bad Afflic is at 80... who cares?
    I had wrote a justified response to what you said, but I deleted it as your post doesnt deserve a justified response. I doubt you would understand what I would have posted anyway :S

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Zakalwe put new numbers up for 85 sims. It seems like affliction will be taking improved soulfire and emberstorm in the 85 build. So it looks like we could be using soulfire in our rotation.
    This.

Although, I personally pray that this changes somehow, aff shouldn't be forced to fling SF's around IMO...
    Mercy has no meaning to me.
    Common Sense and Common Courtesy should both be renamed; neither are very common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdoom View Post
    Since Improve soulfire doesn't require target to have more than 80%hp anymore in 4.0.3, you'll be cast it every 15sec through out the fight and soul burn+SF will help us a lot.
    Yup use the same as haste bump but overall i find SB quite underpowered (beside instant summon) especially in pvp situation. WTB SB + fear

Soulburn Deathcoil
    Soulburn Haunt
    Soulburn Soul Swap
    Soulburn Unstable Affliction

...so much possibilities.

I assure you, the devs will just make Soulburn the bandaid solution for all our glaring problems they ignored in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it for a SB Drain Life, and/or SoC and Soul Fires when moving. There are plenty of fights in ICC where SoC is a very useful spell, and DL is both a DPS increase for Aff - and helps out the healers a bit on fights like Sindy. Also Teleport/Sprint has it's uses.

There's a few things in there, you just need to think about them. And that's precisely the point of it.

Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption can be handy if you fight large packs of mobs.. Nightfall procs are always nice.

I can imagine the Healthstone one might be handy at some later fights, not sure yet..

To be perfectly honest, if you are not happy(at all) with the new soulshard-system, you clearly did not play a lock in vanilla, tbc or early wotlk.

Let's look at what changed locks in 4.0.1:

Before: run around day out and day in to farm shards. Having to decide if to cast a soulfire/shadowburn in pvp(Do i have enough shards for this?). Getting flamed in the raid for not bringing enough shards/not being good enough with your drain soul on trash.

After: instant pet summons, instant soulfires, speedbuff to teleport, lightspeed drain life, good out of combat healing.

When 4.0.1 went live, I spammed guildchat every 5 minutes with happiness over the fact that i never had to farm a shard ever again. After that I kicked off some soulfires at the dummy, and after that i was moping over the sick searing pain dmg(for as long as it lasted).

Is soulburn useless for affliction? Of course it is. If pressing soulburn + another spell is an increase in your raid-performance in any way, compared to before 4.0.1, affliction has benefitted from soulburn! Does affliction benefit as good as destruction or deomonology? Probably not. Is blizzard going to add more spells to the soulburn list? Probably.

If you are not happy with the new soulshard system, please join a private vanilla-server, and summon the AQ40 raid with farmed soulshards for a couple of weeks.

I know it sucks when something didn't turn out like you had imagined, but that happens sometimes.... really.... it happens. Are we going to be big boys and girls about it or are we going to be small babies?

Constructive critisim and adding suggestions is great, but "QQ, reality did not turn out like my fantasy wanted it to, and the whole world hates me" is not adding a suggestion.

I hate to be negative, but really, there are tons of great warlocks out there that are very happy about the fact that they got a big boost in their class dynamics in patch 4.0.1, and seeing people bring them down by QQ mad over the internet makes me kinda upset and angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    To be perfectly honest, if you are not happy(at all) with the new soulshard-system, you clearly did not play a lock in vanilla, tbc or early wotlk.

Let's look at what changed locks in 4.0.1:

Before: run around day out and day in to farm shards. Having to decide if to cast a soulfire/shadowburn in pvp(Do i have enough shards for this?). Getting flamed in the raid for not bringing enough shards/not being good enough with your drain soul on trash.

After: instant pet summons, instant soulfires, speedbuff to teleport, lightspeed drain life, good out of combat healing.

When 4.0.1 went live, I spammed guildchat every 5 minutes with happiness over the fact that i never had to farm a shard ever again. After that I kicked off some soulfires at the dummy, and after that i was moping over the sick searing pain dmg(for as long as it lasted).

Is soulburn useless for affliction? Of course it is. If pressing soulburn + another spell is an increase in your raid-performance in any way, compared to before 4.0.1, affliction has benefitted from soulburn! Does affliction benefit as good as destruction or deomonology? Probably not. Is blizzard going to add more spells to the soulburn list? Probably.

If you are not happy with the new soulshard system, please join a private vanilla-server, and summon the AQ40 raid with farmed soulshards for a couple of weeks.

I know it sucks when something didn't turn out like you had imagined, but that happens sometimes.... really.... it happens. Are we going to be big boys and girls about it or are we going to be small babies?

Constructive critisim and adding suggestions is great, but "QQ, reality did not turn out like my fantasy wanted it to, and the whole world hates me" is not adding a suggestion.

I hate to be negative, but really, there are tons of great warlocks out there that are very happy about the fact that they got a big boost in their class dynamics in patch 4.0.1, and seeing people bring them down by QQ mad over the internet makes me kinda upset and angry.
    I agree. Although, as a lock you should have always stocked up on shards before raid time at the target dummies. Soulburn isn't designed to be a cooldown or a massive dps increase. This is a pretty unique ability that has an effect on so many other abilities. Utility can be just as important as a damage increase. Soulburn+healthstone, demonic circle, instant demon summon can be very helpful.