10+ Year Old Account

Rate my cata profession setup + brief profession discussion.

Like every good enturpenuor should, I am looking at ways to maximise my profit in cata by setting up an array of professions to meet market demands. Currently I have 3 level 80 toons: Hunter, DK, Paladin. Their profession setup is similar to:

Hunter: JC/Engi
    DK: Mining/Herbing
    Paladin: ??/??

Now, The hunter is my main so I doubt that I will ever change the professions on him. My DK is my “Farming toon” who I really don’t have a use for other than flying around collecting random mats. My paladin will be my semi serious alt come cata so I was thinking about giving him Alch/Insc – But I am not sure if this is worth it or not? Inscription seems to be not as well off as it once was, it had it’s 4.0.1 boom, but now I guess it will only be handy for: glyphs for alts, darkmoon cards and average offhands? Thoughts?

Alch on the other hand will always continue to chug along with flasks and pots etc.

I also have a priest approaching 80 fast with Ench/Tailoring so I don’t wanna overlap professions wise. Unless suggested otherwise, I don’t really see the point in picking up blacksmithing.

So, my question to you all. Do you think what I have currently listed is a good setup? i.e:

Hunter: JC/Engi
    DK: Mining/Herbing
    Paladin: Alch/Insc
    Priest: Ench/Tailoring

Or should I change some things around? Keep in mind my hunter is the only toon I ever play “seriously” so I keep the “high dps professions” on him.

Cheers.

If i was you i'd give the Pala Alch and a gathering proffession. Alch is nice for either elixer or transmute master. Gathering cause you will sell the mats for gold on AH.

I personatly am gonna be running:

Priest Ench/Tailor
    Druid Alch/Tailor
    Lock Alch/Herb
    Hunter Herb/Inscrip
    Pala BS/JC
    DK Mining/Alch
    Warr (77) Alch/Mining

This gives me 3 transmute masters and an elixer master (Procs on True gold and Meta gems should be nice)
    2 tailoring CDs
    There should be a mining CD, so 2 mining CDs.
    I'll craft Darkmoon cards on inscription
    Cut Meta gems on JC and Make the epic armour on BS if it still is epic by the time Cata comes out.

Once i got everything lvled on toons i will probably drop Herb on Hunter for Alch.