Thread: FPS Issues

FPS Issues

I have been experiencing fps issues lately and I do not know if the problem is on my end or the server's. Before the last fix patch I could handle video settings on ultra and have around 40 fps. Now after that patch, my settings are set on low and I hover between 10-20 fps. I've tried everything from deleting memory to reinstalling wow, and no soluton has came up. I do understand that the patch that I am referring to is a couple weeks old but I want to know if any of you are experiencing similiar conditions or have any advice. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Even shadow quality? That was thrown on Ultra for some reason when the patch hit for me. Try that and the water settings to 'low'.

They've added and given us more control of how we see our game more so then last patch. Ground clutter is another one that comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

could be many things

WoW settings
    fans
    video card
    processor
    dedicated video memory
    etc...

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    look at the computer forum. there are 2 post with the problem and how to fix it
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

a friend of mine had the same problem, his comp is pretty new and could handle everything easily even at ultra, but after patch it was a mess.

a pc format has solved the issue anyway. you should try that, otherwise it seems it could be a hardware fault as a software fault.

I haven't downloaded anything new to my computer. My computer runs fine, its just since that one patch it went downhill. I've scanned for viruses and keep my drivers updated. I doubt it would be my video card because it could handle the water effects on ultra before with ease. I've been reading the forums and other people have the same problem. Just trying to get all the information I can find on this issue

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    I haven't downloaded anything new to my computer. My computer runs fine, its just since that one patch it went downhill. I've scanned for viruses and keep my drivers updated. I doubt it would be my video card because it could handle the water effects on ultra before with ease. I've been reading the forums and other people have the same problem. Just trying to get all the information I can find on this issue
    Since 4.0 i had that issue, 3.2ghz six core processor with a Nvidia 250GTS graphics, i use to sit 190 FPS in org on max graphics before 4.0, so i knew i shouldn't be lagging.
    Found out it was my WTF folder that caused most of the issue, go to C:\Program files\World of warcraft and delete your WTF folder and it should fix the lag, it did for me. Thats the folder that saves all your settings, Like keybinds and resolution, video settings. stuff like that.
    When i was raiding i'd drop down as low as 1fps With all my addons off on low grapics, Deleting this threw me back upto 70fps during raids on high graphics

All your settings can be reset to what you had them, Wow just recreates the folder once you launch the game.

Thanks so much for your advice. But there is one problem. I am not able to delete my WTF folder. When I try to delete the folder it says that I have to show administrator permision to delete it, but I am the administrator. I have tried taking ownership of it and I still can't delete it. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added 2010-11-07 at 09:54 PM ----------

Update: I wasn't able to delete my WTF folder but I did delete the WTF contents. I then logged on to wow and the low framerates were still present. I even changed the video settings again and nothing happened.

Update #2

After deleting my WTF Folder Contents my gameplay seems to be back to normal. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    I have been experiencing fps issues lately and I do not know if the problem is on my end or the server's. Before the last fix patch I could handle video settings on ultra and have around 40 fps. Now after that patch, my settings are set on low and I hover between 10-20 fps. I've tried everything from deleting memory to reinstalling wow, and no soluton has came up. I do understand that the patch that I am referring to is a couple weeks old but I want to know if any of you are experiencing similiar conditions or have any advice. Thanks
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Before the patch I could get roughly 20-30 fps on 25 man raids in ICC with fights like Marrowgar dipping lower fps. At the time I could run recount and all my addons with no issue. After this patch hit I'm lucky to have 5-10 fps and that's with all my addons turned off (even uninstalled), the cache and WTF folders deleted and video settings turned down to extreme low and resolution being at the lowest. It's not just my computer I've noticed it on, but every the other two pc's that run WoW in the house. ,

do you guys have authenticators. i had the mobile authenticator attached to my account and was running 15-20 fps post patch where before i was around 40. i removed it and it went back up to 40 fps.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    do you guys have authenticators. i had the mobile authenticator attached to my account and was running 15-20 fps post patch where before i was around 40. i removed it and it went back up to 40 fps.
    I highly doubt the authenticator would cause an issue like this. Anyways, my account and a friends have the authenticator your purchase from the store and they mail to you, while another friend (in the same house) doesn't and has the same issues. We tried logging into each others computer and still same issue.

I do have a mobile authenticator on my account but it has nothing to do with the fps issue. After deleting my WTF folder, my regular fps resumed a day later. I know its wierd it didn't happen immediatly but atleast its back to normal

With the recent ability to stream data to WoW, the game gets patched more often. This sometimes resets your cache... if you have to constantly download the data from Blizzard servers again, it may slow you down.