Page 1 of 2
LastLast

no new character slots vs. worgen dilemma

I already have 10 characters on my server, one of each class. I originally planned to just make goblin and worgen alts on another server to see their starting zones but I'm kind of interested in the rest of the world changes as well. I'm thinking about loading one of my characters up with all the heirloom items I don't use any more and server transferring him to make room for a worgen. Right now I'm leaning towards hunter for my worgen since the changes should make leveling a new one somewhat different.

What are other people in my position doing?

INB4 a lot of people saying "10 SLOTS = 10 CLASSES. YOU DON'T NEED MORE." And disregarding arguments otherwise. Anywho, think I've decided to RAF myself eventually. Will not upgrade the second account beyond Vanilla for awhile though.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Deleted
    I was like "lets delete the warrior and paladin I never play anyway". Recently I've picked up both toons and they're now geared and ready to fight cataclysm very easy questing . I've been in the same position as you mate, although I did clear up one slot for my goblin as I found the Worgen dull (through my beta)

I can see it now. Blizzard'll just charge people for more character slots. And it will sell.

And this will be the only game it'll be worth it in.

Deleted
    Most likely going to be like that Typhron, yeah.

Just like in Final Fantasy 11...
    You had 1 character slot, but could buy an extra one for 1 or 2$ per month added to the subscription fee.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

i say go to the new server....it will be like a whole new world..........

O_O

which is actually the same world lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

more slots means less server performance no?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhron View Post
    I can see it now. Blizzard'll just charge people for more character slots. And it will sell.

And this will be the only game it'll be worth it in.

lol, damn straight---i can see a lot of ppl going for this even if it was just one or two--/raises hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

does anyone know if I can mail my BoAs cross faction? I'm hoping to transfer my hunter to make room for a worgen hunter and having him bring heirlooms for a goblin to the new server.

you can trade boa cross facton but not realm
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    No, since you can still only play with one character pr. account.

I had some of the same problem, but honestly, I just decided to suck it up and delete a number of rarely used slots. And it was actually kind of liberating to do so, strangely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    You can only be online with a single char at a time, so I don't really see what you're aiming at? At least not when it comes to performance. The only other thing that comes to mind would be the data a char takes up. Not sure how much storage space a single char can use, but let's put it this way. Standard HDD in 2005: 40-80 gigabyte. Standard HDD in 2010: 1000+ gigabyte.

See what I did there? Storage shouldn't really be a problem. Blizzard needs to shape up and upgrade to today's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieronoid View Post
    What a dumb question...
    Good thing we had you to save the day with such a terrific answer. But to clarify: yes, you can send/use them cross faction as well.
    Once purchased, heirlooms bind to the account, as opposed to an individual character. This means they can be mailed to any character that shares the same account and server, including those of opposing faction (patch 3.3).
    Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Heirloom
    Last edited by Auralan; 2010-11-07 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added source

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only have 6 toons on my main server (Aurthor- US) plus 2 alts on other relms that i might just delete due to lack of play

Has Blizzard given the consumer a reason that they do not want to add more slots?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

I don't get it... how do people play so many toons? I find it rather difficult just playing one I mean, I have three and I use my main toon the most of course but I spend my time, a lot of time, doing achievs, raiding, and other stuff and things seem to take all day. How do people keep up with 9 other toons? I mean, you'd have to do the same quests/achievs/raids over and over and over and over, doesn't that get boring? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Misdreavus View Post
    I don't get it... how do people play so many toons? I find it rather difficult just playing one I mean, I have three and I use my main toon the most of course but I spend my time, a lot of time, doing achievs, raiding, and other stuff and things seem to take all day. How do people keep up with 9 other toons? I mean, you'd have to do the same quests/achievs/raids over and over and over and over, doesn't that get boring? lol
    Some people play on their toons and get attached to them. especially with Feats on them that cant be gotten else where.

I many many Vanilla toons ,that I dont want to delete even tho they below 60.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily, my 80s are spread over 4 servers. My main realm is full, but 4 of the characters are under 40, so it's simply picking the class I don't want anymore. I honestly don't understand why people play on one realm, it's so much better to be on a couple realms just for a change of atmosphere.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

I'm transferring one of my rarely-used 80s off to fund alts on another server, then using that spot for a worgen, most likely.