Deleted

JP at lower levels

I have a lvl 70 toon locked at 70 to enjoy the reto raiding/heroics. Had quite a stack of badges prepatch which got converted. Since the patch ive not received any justice points from killin bosses in 70 content. MH run yesterday not a single gain. just did a shattered halls heroic and no jp.

I was led to beleive that jp dropped from bosses in your lvl range is this not the case?

I have tested it out on several toons, mid 70s and a couple 80s, 70 content does not reward JP. Initially I felt this was quite ridiculous since the 70 epic gear COSTS justice pts to buy, however, think of it this way...if 70 content did drop JP, people could just lvl by doing those and hit 80 capped on JP. Obviously this is not what Blizzard intends. I think they should have handled it by making 70 gear just cost gold, but require a certain amount of rep with said faction to purchase. Cause yeah, it's pretty retarded to charge a currency that people at 70 can't even get.

Deleted
    but i HAVE gotten some. ye can get it from the lvl 70 daily quest, the blood from zuljin gives another quest with 54 jp as the reward.

so it is possible to get just not from bosses 8(

first gm said i should get some and would look into it. second said only lvl 80's can get jp.

The blue post said you get JP for "appropriate level encounters"

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    I have tested it out on several toons, mid 70s and a couple 80s, 70 content does not reward JP. Initially I felt this was quite ridiculous since the 70 epic gear COSTS justice pts to buy, however, think of it this way...if 70 content did drop JP, people could just lvl by doing those and hit 80 capped on JP. Obviously this is not what Blizzard intends. I think they should have handled it by making 70 gear just cost gold, but require a certain amount of rep with said faction to purchase. Cause yeah, it's pretty retarded to charge a currency that people at 70 can't even get.
    I doubt this would be the case. Why? Let's for instance say in order to cap your JP at level 80 you need to run approximately 40 dungeons if all were to net 100 JP. At 85 you get almost twice as much as that so you need roughly 15-20 dungeons to cap. If someone wanted to cap JP at level 70 they would need to probably run approximately 80-90 dungeons. Which if someone wanted to do that Blizzard wouldn't stop them as in reality it wouldn't be the best way to do it.

As for not getting them at level 70 the blue post that was written back there lead me to believe if you are level 70 and doing level 70 content you should get them. Perhaps it's because your capped at 70 and not gaining any xp and causing it to bug out?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kara chess event gives JP still.

Didnt they say that you would stop gaining JP from heroic dungeons as soon as you gain a lvl above the lvl of the dungeons, ie @ 81 you no longer will get JP from Wotlk Heroics.

I just leveled a pally..and I really wanted to buy say a relic at 70. I wish there was a way to get justice points at that level. Maybe they will fix it after cata launches.

Quote Originally Posted by HemmerN View Post
    Didnt they say that you would stop gaining JP from heroic dungeons as soon as you gain a lvl above the lvl of the dungeons, ie @ 81 you no longer will get JP from Wotlk Heroics.
    currently in dungeon finder,lich heroics are marked as 80-83 so im guessing they reconsidered that a bit

Maybe the lvl 70 heroic will give jp if you don't have Wolk installed. If for some reason i can not get wolk and cata expansions and can only play Bc there need to be a way to get JP gear. So if i have wolk installed no jp for BC. if i only have BC installed Jp come from the heroics.

That is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by sapphireskie View Post
    Maybe the lvl 70 heroic will give jp if you don't have Wolk installed. If for some reason i can not get wolk and cata expansions and can only play Bc there need to be a way to get JP gear. So if i have wolk installed no jp for BC. if i only have BC installed Jp come from the heroics.

That is my guess
    If your speaking about the game being installed on the pc then this is completely wrong. Server bugs aren't effected by what is applied on your pc. The issue with jp not being awarded at lvl 70 is most likely a bug which blizzard haven't yet respond too.
    My bros locked lvl 70 paladin has jp but only a small amount, they should adress this issue.

Reading a few Blue posts on Wow-europe forums, this seems to be a bug, and no GM is giving a valid reply on it, because they are unsure what to say.

Hey there Fionara.

I certainly understand your confusion here my friend but I’m afraid I cannot proffer any further clarity on the situation as the matter is still being investigated by QA and the developers. If we have any information to share, we will try to communicate it through these forums but I should keep quiet for now as I don’t want to give out any misinformation on the subject.

Out of interest, do you get any from random normals?
    Last edited by Kosic; 2010-11-11 at 02:55 PM.