Thread: Deathwing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewG View Post
    As in aspects other than his toenails? Do you mean perhaps toes and feet? Please elaborate, I do not understand.

Thank you!
    trolololololol?

if not he means the dragon aspects you know Deathwing is the Black Aspect, Alexstraza is the Red, Malygos was the blue, Ysera is green, and Nozdormu is bronze.
    Last edited by Vanyshh; 2010-11-08 at 07:14 AM. Reason: not spelling Nozdormu right >.<
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

he is bout the size of a very large football field in length, and bout 1000 feet in wingspan
    he is probably roughly the same size as alexstrazas dragon form or slightly bigger, to give you a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    he is bout the size of a very large football field in length, and bout 1000 feet in wingspan
    he is probably roughly the same size as alexstraza or slightly bigger, to give you a comparison
    Larger, easily. And if by "very large football field" you mean "more than three times as long as a football field," then yes.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

They have a picture of Alexstraza and Deathwing and Alex is definately bigger than him. :P

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/denmo...80x1050_us.jpg
    Last edited by Naturae; 2010-11-08 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    They have a picture of Alexstraza and Deathwing and Alex is definately bigger than him. :P

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/denmo...80x1050_us.jpg
    You're being confused by angles and lighting. Plus, artistic renderings like that are not very good metrics to go by. If anything that suggests they're roughly the same size, but comparing in-game models (Alexstrasza at the Wrathgate with Deathwing at Hyjal, or any of his zone strafing events), the size comparison leaves no question to whether Deathwing is larger or not.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-11-08 at 07:27 AM. Reason: punctuation is LIFE
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    In comparison you're about the size of his eye

Quote Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    How the hell we going to kill that guy when we can only attack his toe nails Its like a mouse looking up at the elephant and shouting "I'm gonna knack you in"
    Perhaps we'll have a new piece of anatomy to talk about? Like your Achilles heel we'll have the Deathwing webbing. A small piece of skin between the toes, that led to the untimely demise of the Aspect of Death.

edit: better clarification of body parts....
    Last edited by Aktavite; 2010-11-08 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    You're being confused by angles and lighting. Plus, artistic renderings like that are not very good metrics to go by. If anything that suggests they're roughly the same size, but comparing in-game models (Alexstrasza at the Wrathgate with Deathwing at Hyjal, or any of his zone strafing events), the size comparison leaves no question to whether Deathwing is larger or not.
    Can't go by in-game sizes either...some models change size (ie: lich king) though-out the game. They just use whatever size is most appropriate for the area most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    How the hell we going to kill that guy when we can only attack his toe nails Its like a mouse looking up at the elephant and shouting "I'm gonna knack you in"
    We shall climb in a cut and kill him from the inside out!!!!!! oh god please do this. Maybe even some stupid deathwing fight in his brain. He could just be the raid, once your inside him with several bosses he has eaten

Deleted
    you know what they say about dragons and humans with big chins..

529.78 feet long.
    348.111, repeating of course, feet high.
    1000.01 foot wingspan. It's over 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by thiazi View Post
    How are we supposed to fight something like that? Some weird ass mechanic or will we fight him in his human form for most of the fight? Anyone has a view on this matter?
    Another vehicle-fight probably
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riane/advanced

Death Knights are still feared. When we tank, the healers tremble.

Also: Time + effort = reward (or atleast it should)

Quote Originally Posted by gregd View Post
    I could actually see something like this happening
    hahaha, it makes no sense though, there is virtually no empty space inside the body of a creature, except the lungs...
    I could see something like 5 raid members on alexstrasza, 5 on her other red dragonflight friends, etc.. and Melee dps get to jump on his back as we are flying through the air in a thunderstorm. WOULD BE EPIC.

Deleted
    In lore the size of deadwind pass, but due to game mechanics blizzard says he'll be smaller :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he'll be as big as 20 school busses.
    English is not my mainspec!

Deleted
    If there's anything movies like Godzilla have shown us, it's that big scary monsters can easily change size at will. He'll probably be a good sport and tune down to a more manageable tanking size.

Off topic: I'd like to have a deathwing mount.

*noob lands his drake in the field* *you land your gigantic deathwing mount next to noob* "ohai there"
    *Serious face... fist in air.*

Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

He'll be that big, yet we'll still be able to tank him with our tiny shields and armor.

That is, unless it's going to be another dragon-vehicle fight like Malygos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".