"You must discover <dungeon name> first."

First of all I thought this wasn't going to be added until Cataclysm? Second, anyone know why it only comes up for one dungeon specifically [Wailing Cavers (as an Alliance)] ? Surely if I have to discover Wailing Caverns I should have to discover everything else from RFC to HoR?
    What wet dreams are made of!

it should only be the new cata instances we need to find, i say should.
    last i heard it was only cat, not old world, maybe ask a gm?

Deleted
    I think it's brilliant, I'm pretty sure you don't have to discover RFC as alliance (last I checked on the beta) otherwise, I love it!.

Could anyone expand on what exactly is being talked about here? I plan on straight up running instances to 85 for my first toon and this sounds like it could be relevant to my plans.

Not 100% sure but I think its on all instances except Ragefire Chasm (as alliance would have a hard time finding that one) and Stormwind Stockades (as horde would have a hard time finding that one). You want to do an instance besides these two, which are given as freebies at the appropriate levels, you gotta go out into the world and find the damned dungeon. No more idling in a major city (at least until you have found the instance)

While I do see it stopping people dying in say HOS/HOL/UP and not knowing where the portal is. How hard is it to walk 10 effing feet.

I can see the other side/s too;
    -Walk back from a wipe is too long, must remember that for my alts so i don't get stuck in here
    -This instance is the bane of pugs, oh well, don't explore it on my alt and my alt can;t queue for it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I think this was removed for 1-60 dungeons...but not others? or is it the other way around? hmmmmm.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
    Could anyone expand on what exactly is being talked about here? I plan on straight up running instances to 85 for my first toon and this sounds like it could be relevant to my plans.
    Dungeons Have to be entered via the dungeon portal at least once for you to be able to queue for them through dungeon finder later.

I can confirm thet Wailing Caverns has to be discovered before you can queue up for it, I think it's a good thing

No I am leveling a Horde mage and I had the same "you must discover this instance" when I trying to que. That was the only one I couldn't que for, stockades was no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannthos View Post
    No I am leveling a Horde mage and I had the same "you must discover this instance" when I trying to que. That was the only one I couldn't que for, stockades was no problem.
    Like I said, stockades is given as a freebie, because you can't just walk up and explore it without going into stormwind.

The same is true for RFC, its given as a freebie as well due to being inside Orgrimmar.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Correction, you dont have to enter instance you just have to "discover" a portal to it.

That is great change because it forces you to at least explore and not just sit in major city and do instances till level cap. Still I can imagine that it will cause people to QQ anyway.

As new horde character you also have to 'discover' Wailing Caverns before queuing for it. Likely cause its gonna be one of the big changes of Cata to instances.

Though as a lowbie horde, you can queue for Deadmines with no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is only relevant for the Wailing Caverns for some reason. All other instances don't make you discover it. Just Wailing Caverns.... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this on my level 20 toon - only on certain instances though, but as soon as i went to my level 40 toon, everything was showing normal and let me run all instances.

I think its bugged for a few instances?

Im stating this with no evidence what so ever so correct me if im wrong. In cata the barrens are being changed as is WC not significantly but a little so therefore it has to be discovered because it is more or less a cata dungeon. This is just a theory so feel free to tell me im wrong.

I've been running dungeons all day and can fill in the facts

It's only the early dungeons for no apparant reason. As a hordie I had to discover WC and SFK. Other than that, including RFK/BFD/All the scarlet monestaries/uldaman/mauradon and the rest no discovery needed, I never left Thunder Bluff

Dunno why they punish the lowbies, guess just to make them get out there