Thread: Tauren Priest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    Holy I can deal with, but Shadow just seems too far outside the tauren lore and beliefs.
    well i donno when i was reading the shattering they talked about the eyes of the earthmother the sun and the moon an'she(sun) and Mu'sha(moon also supected to be elune) in game there were two nps who were talking about how the tauren get the power of the Sun/light (so to speak) from an'she it is possible that they harnest the power of the shadow from Mu'sha

well that my personal take on that untill blizz release something about shadow priest lore
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Tylai View Post
    I know that the Tauren paladin is sliding by lore-wise by saying they draw their power from the sun rather than the Light, but a Tauren shadow priest still seems odd to me.
    wouldnt surprise me if they didnt exist lore wise but of course still is available to players because its silly to exclude a talent tree based on the race and lore behind the said race class combo.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    " oh fuck im dying again i better heal!! *cast holy light* " im burning!!!! " *dies an agonizing death* sorry its not going to work.
    Still, it would be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone always forgets - DO NOT MISTAKE GAME MECHANICS FOR LORE. Tauren Priests are the EQUIVALENT to other race's priests; the spiritual leaders of their people, nothing more. They aren't actually priests, the same that the paladins aren't actually paladins - they are sunwalkers. The lore when read is actually well written and makes a lot of sense.

They are only shadow priests because people would QQ their little eyes out if they weren't allowed to roll a Tauren Shadow Priest, it is there simply to keep the peace among those who want options. Technically, Shadow Priests are only forsaken (as that is the religion that they adhere to), BUT Blizzard let others be shadow priests for the sake of game balance and to reduce QQ (they have may have been written into lore since, but that was the way it was originally).

tl;dr: Lore =/= Game Mechanics, learn to differentiate.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    " oh fuck im dying again i better heal!! *cast holy light* " im burning!!!! " *dies an agonizing death* sorry its not going to work.
    you are quite mistaken sir because undead priest have been harnesing the light for quite some time now...it is only that the light burns them (which is why they feel it has forsaken them) the forsaken for the most part turn to the sadow. but it has once been said you cannot truely understand the shadow without understanding the light.
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    if there are undead priests i really fail at understanding why they cannot be paladins too.
    and the whole lore is evolving so taurens are learing new ways, it's logic after the argent crusade facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that the Tauren paladin is sliding by lore-wise by saying they draw their power from the sun rather than the Light, but a Tauren shadow priest still seems odd to me.
    It's like a draenei shadow priest. The brightest light casts the darkest shadow and all that. I think a tauren shadow priest is just as awesome and appropriate as a draenei; they're seeking to keep the balance between light and dark.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBlueMage View Post
    It's like a draenei shadow priest. The brightest light casts the darkest shadow and all that. I think a tauren shadow priest is just as awesome and appropriate as a draenei; they're seeking to keep the balance between light and dark.
    what a great first post!!

10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes, the Tauren are all about balance. Without light, there is no shadow, and vice versa. Allowing taurens to have their sun priests would also allow room for their anti: the priests of shadow, of darkest night, of the absence of light.

At least, thats how I think of it. Blizzard may have a different way of explaining it.

Every sun sets, and gives away to night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loudmutes View Post
    As will trolls come patch 4.1. They get every class, and even a couple new ones specific to trolls.
    Troll's don't get Paladins. Oble BE and Tauren get Pally's.

I personally think Tauren could've done without Priests. They would've done just fine with Paladins to get their balance thing worked out. Priests from a gameplay perspective don't really match up with the lore they're putting in for Tauren Priests. Paladins from a gameplay perspective don't seems to match up either for their lore either, but they made it work just enough for me to be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    you are quite mistaken sir because undead priest have been harnesing the light for quite some time now...it is only that the light burns them (which is why they feel it has forsaken them) the forsaken for the most part turn to the sadow. but it has once been said you cannot truely understand the shadow without understanding the light.
    yes but they have faith in the forgotten shadow which means they arent really holy priests.

i don't like it at all, it seems really odd imo that and undead hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    if there are undead priests i really fail at understanding why they cannot be paladins too.
    and the whole lore is evolving so taurens are learing new ways, it's logic after the argent crusade facts.
    well undeads cant follow the holy light because there are certain tenets which they cant keep and therefore the light will abandon them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by GreatBlueMage

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    what a great first post!!
    Indeed. I thought the same about Drenei Shadow Priests for a long time (or NElf). I couldn't imagine Tyrande Whisperwinde busting out Shadowform and Mind Flaying someone. It's a game though, and it'd be lame for NElf and Drenei priests to only get 2/3 specs. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Glittertind View Post
    I disagree. Undead Paladins would be awesome.
    They'd be way more fitting than taurens. Ud Paladin = Fallen Paladin. Same class with atlered spelleffects (darker) and new spell names. It would be a bit like a deathknight in visuals, but I could live with that rather than with Tauren paladins. Fallen Charger as a skeleton version of the shiny allaince pala mount would be awesome as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't be against all classes and specs opening up to all races eventually. The world is a lot less segregated than it was before the third war.

With all the races more or less integrating into common living spaces and factions, they are all exposed to the beliefs and cultures of others, opening the doorway for pretty much anyone to delve down whatever path they find intriguing.

Besides...is anything less believable than a gnome warrior with titans grasp? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Eharenda View Post
    In my eyes, the Tauren are all about balance. Without light, there is no shadow, and vice versa. Allowing taurens to have their sun priests would also allow room for their anti: the priests of shadow, of darkest night, of the absence of light.

At least, thats how I think of it. Blizzard may have a different way of explaining it.
    This nails it on the head. Shadow is just the counterpoint to Light, the absence of it. When one is strong enough in calling forth the power of the Light, one can also force it's absence, thus creating shadow. The reverse is also possible though, which is what allows Forsaken priests to do what they do. It's not control of the light that allows them to heal, it's control over shadow.

Tauren paladins and priests actually make good sense lore-wise. It's been long established that in their belief system they have essentially 1 diety: the Earth Mother. And that the sun and moon are her eyes, allowing her to watch over everything day and night. Well druidism, as originally taught to the Tauren by the Night Elves, draws it's power from the moon. The Tauren are now seeing that there is a counterpoint to this, which is power drawn from the sun. And the most important thing to remember here is: Who's to say that the sun ISN'T the source of the light? Or at least somehow related to the Naruu, or any other number of possibilities. "The Light" is actually pretty vaguely described in wow lore, it leaves plenty of room for stuff like this. So no, I don't think the Sunwalkers are a stretch at all. Not even their shadow priests.

Another fun fact, Tauren will be the only race that has access to all 5 healing classes AND all 4 tank classes. The ultimate support race.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    Holy I can deal with, but Shadow just seems too far outside the tauren lore and beliefs.
    Tauren priests worship the Sun. I suppose tauren shadow priests are overly happy about solar eclipses?