Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone else HATE moving with the mouse?

OK, I don't really want to get in a clickers suck type of thread, I DO realize that mouse movement and keybinds give better performance and do use them as needed in difficult raids.

But the thing is I HATE mouse movement. I greatly prefer to click spells, and WASD move. If there was a key that did an instant 180 degree turn I think that would be perfect and remove maybe the greatest weakness of key movement

Anyone else feel similar?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    keyboard turning is cool

I feel the same way. Personally ( and I do not care about what other people say about this) I'm a clicker and I outdps most of my friends on dps so I don't know whats the big deal. And yeah, I hate moving my character with the mouse.

Used to playing Diablo/Diablo 2. mouse to move is fairly normal.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

i know most of my friends think my esdf movement is stupid but i love it and it seems to net me faster reaction times so i cant complain but i also have a bar of cooldowns on my screen just to click and i find mouse turning to be superior for me, but my other friends love wasd so its their choices
    Quote from: Moshy on February 22, 2010, 05:36:54 am
    Dear Blizzard
    Nerf paper, It covers me all the time and I cant do anything about it
    Scissors are fine, They just need to learn to play
    Signed Rock.

Didnt you know? ALL the top pvp players click and keyboard turn these days?!?!?

PVE it has allways been "CLick or gtfo"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are a clicker AND a keyboard turner. People like you are the reason this game is going down hill.

Deleted
    No.

10+ Year Old Account
    geeee , I dno, I click, & use my keyboard, so , I dno tho turning around would screw the camera or some spells like backstab/ ambush because you push that buttons & you will turn around 15313545343 in 1 min & that would surely screw up abilitys like that

So, according to you, you have to move your character with the mouse to be able to keybind? You can't move with the WASD keys without clicking your spells? REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

It works, until your mouse stops working correctly, and the right click mouse doesn't work half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

get binds on your mouse and move with wasd

10+ Year Old Account
    You only hate it b/c you're not used to it and you've been handicapped til now.

Force yourself to practice and you will be a better player at the end. (If thats something you're interested in, a lot of ppl are perfectly fine being mediocre.)

Deleted
    <<<<<<<<keyboard dude over here

rarely ever use the mouse, I turn/walk/button smash/fight with keyboard:>

10+ Year Old Account
    You hate it , you fail

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtanker View Post
    keyboard turning is cool
    About as cool as gemming for str as a mage.

well this thread and many other threads like this only insure the fact that the wow community sucks ass. i mean really flaming someone because they are a clicker. the next time someone says the wow community is filled with nerdragers who take the game to seriously i wont argue with them.
    Last edited by jitzul; 2010-11-08 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    No, you are a clicker AND a keyboard turner. People like you are the reason this game is going down hill.
    exactly, good players will leave because of boredom, clickers will leave because they are casuals and casuals don't get hooked by any game, they play it for "fun" (lol) and wow will die, JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE TURN WITH ZQSD !!

I was kicked out of a guild because I would'nt use my mouse to move. I've been playing for 4 years, and I wasnt aboutto start moving a different way than with the arrow keys on my keyboard. They are nicely placed in a central location to all my hotkeys, so all abilities are within a fingers' reach. I think its just a matter of preference since I am always the top DPSer in any raid on my mage despite not using my mouse to move anything more than the camera angle.