Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Hunter Changes

Marksmanship

* Kill Shot now deals 116% weapon damage, down from 150%.
    * Multi-Shot now deals 40% weapon damage, down from 55%.
    * Aimed Shot! now deals 65% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    * Steady Shot now deals 62% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    * Arcane Shot now deals 61% weapon damage, down from 100%.
    * Chimera Shot now scales from 48.8% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 28.8%.

Survival

* Black Arrow base damage increased by 20%, from 3077 to 3685.
    * Explosive Shot now scales from 42% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 22%. Base damage increased by 25%, from 558 to 697.

Does this really scare anyone else?? i mean, with all the hunter shots shooting from what i thought very low already, can blizzard in there right mind give if 40-50% nerfs?
    is there anyone in the beta that can confirm that were doing dmg that isnt complete Sh!t from these changes?

Yeah not sure if I'm a fan.
    However our main shots are getting a buff, so hopefully it will even out.

Still, Arcane shot and Steady Shot are very very heavy parts of ours rotation, i cant imagine it evening it out with a shot thats used onces every 8 seconds~

10+ Year Old Account
    this sucks for BM hunters, 2 out of 5 buttons (4 of which are damage buttons) are being nerfed. º___º

not cool.

U know these aren't nerfs right? It's just lower level scaling for all the abilities that reach their full power at level 80.
    For instance, Arcane Shot deals 61% dmg at lvl 1, and the % increases every lvl until it reaches 100% again at 80.
    Chillax.

Quote Originally Posted by rockallnite View Post
    U know these aren't nerfs right? It's just lower level scaling for all the abilities that reach their full power at level 80.
    For instance, Arcane Shot deals 61% dmg at lvl 1, and the % increases every lvl until it reaches 100% again at 80.
    Chillax.
    Are you sure. Do you have a blue post or something.
    I think these are changes for max level.

Quote Originally Posted by hyysteria View Post
    Are you sure. Do you have a blue post or something.
    I think these are changes for max level.
    There have been multiple blue posts... hell, there was a correction made in the very newspost that these changes were announced on. This is for the early-level versions of the spells, due to the new spell-scaling system, since there are no longer spell ranks. Max level stuff isn't being nerfed.

Oh thank God, i was thinking blizz was turning on us...

Holy Jumping Fark! Do we really have to go through this again? These are over a week old, and it's been talked to death. Yes, these numbers were a fix for low level scaling. Christ, Boub even added a "These are just low-level scaling, quit freaking out" to the post he made about it a week ago. Old news is old, already discounted, and pointless. Good lord. Hell, if you *HAD* to assume they actually meant something, maybe you should also note that every other single class got similar 'nerfs'. ZOMG! The DPSpocalypse! DOOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    Holy Jumping Fark! Do we really have to go through this again? These are over a week old, and it's been talked to death. Yes, these numbers were a fix for low level scaling. Christ, Boub even added a "These are just low-level scaling, quit freaking out" to the post he made about it a week ago. Old news is old, already discounted, and pointless. Good lord. Hell, if you *HAD* to assume they actually meant something, maybe you should also note that every other single class got similar 'nerfs'. ZOMG! The DPSpocalypse! DOOOM!
    Wow calm down. We missed Boubs post. Sorry. Didnt know the post-police would be flying in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    Sorry i cant check mmo champ every sec of every day, new news pops up fast on this site

Deleted
    WOW... These changes were made ages ago yet still after that we have whine threads made about them when it was all made pretty clear after they were released that they were for level ONE. They will scale back to normal as we level.

Jesus. Moderators delete these threads, it's getting beyond annoying now.

Quote Originally Posted by erunn123 View Post
    Sorry i cant check mmo champ every sec of every day, new news pops up fast on this site
    So...I'm confused then. You figured you had found some amazing secret stealth nerf that hadn't been posted? It never even occurred to you to think, "Hey. I seem to recall there was this site...mmo-something or another, where they tend to post stuff like this. I wonder if perhaps there was already a post on the subject that I could find by hitting the back button on the main page a single time?"

Deleted
    I find it funny how you can catch the nerfs when reading but not anything else... It's like you scan to hunter changes then jump to the forum to complain. So it's not a matter of you not being able to keep up to date with changes, it's a matter of you failing to read anything.

Original post with changes was made on 11-03. You post about changes on 11-08. You don't need to read it every few seconds but if your going to whine do it at the time it is relevant, not five days after it has been corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Original post with changes was made on 11-03. You post about changes on 11-08. You don't need to read it every few seconds but if your going to whine do it at the time it is relevant, not five days after it has been corrected.
    So your saying if he hasn't been on his computer for five days that hes expected to go back and check every home page post to make sure no updates have been made?

Please close this thread. Its about to be derailed by angry children.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your saying if he hasn't been on his computer for five days that hes expected to go back and check every home page post to make sure no updates have been made?

If I was going to make an argument after I left for 5 days, I would make damn sure that during the time my information didn't become outdated.

And honestly you don't even need boubs post to see that it wasn't meant for level 85. Why would they nerf everything including rogues but leave mages and DKs unchanged? Does that make sense to you?

Yes he is expected to do so. You don't get a pass for posting inaccurate information just because you are too lazy to double check your info.

Deleted

This is even more of a retarded thing to say than him not being able to check every second.

He took the time to make a new thread whining about changes and posting them in the thread, yet somehow he never bothered to either check his sources or read his sources. However we have you here trying to say we're angry children when the guy kept on making things worse for himself.

The thread should be closed but not because of us...

There wasn't even a need to search around to check for facts. The update explaining that the 'nerfs' are due to level scaling is at the top of the very news post that it came from.
    In huge bold font of Boub going 'I'M SORRY BLIZZ FORGIVE ME EVERYBODY IS QQING AND THEY SHOULDN'T BE OH GOD'