Question regarding tracking opponents buffs/cooldowns

While PvPing lately, I've come across several warriors who always seem to catch me off guard with their obsessive love of the Spell Reflect ability (mostly because it has no visual representation, as compared to say cloak of shadows or divine shield). Without having to download a mod specifically for tracking my opponents cooldowns, is there a way to configure either Power Auras classic or TidyPlates to warn me when my opponent uses Spell Reflect?

Deleted
    Do you use a buff mod?

Not sure if it's possible in POWA, somebody will sure make an aura up if it's possible though.

EDIT: Just noticed your thread here. I can only second SBF, it would also allow this. (Create a frame for your target's buffs in the center of your screen, set its icons to be huge, set them to be 30% opaque)

I was using Buffalo3 for tracking my buffs, and for tracking debuffs on my target I was using a combination of Xperl, ForteXorcist, and TidyPlates. I'll give SBF a try tonight, however, if I can avoid having all those bars lined up across my screen.

What I was hoping for (ideally) was something like this scenario:

- I target enemy warrior
    - He pops spell reflect
    - Icon appears in center of my screen with timer (so I know how long to avoid casting, or to cast a smaller spell)
    - Icon fades when spell reflect fades
    - Continue pvping
    - ????
    - Profit!

Doesn't that make things a little too easy? I hope it's not possible. You can always, y'know, look at his portrait for his buffs and track it yourself. Edit: Only have to watch for it while his shield is on anyway, no other reason he'd be using that I can see (unless he's prot).
    Last edited by Renowned; 2010-11-09 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Added

I can try and make a Power Aura for you when I'm able to log on.

Looking at a unitframe for a buff icon amongst others is to be perfectly honest tedious.
    There is a reason most defensive abilities have a visual effect on a player, so using addons to provide a more visual indication because the default UI is lacking is perfectly fair.

Yeah definitely. Import this into your Global Effects in your PowerAuras.

Version:4.4; b:0.1294; g:0; target:true; icon:Ability_Warrior_ShieldReflection; buffname:Spell Reflection; groupany:false; unitn:Only for raid/group.; texture:21; isResting:0; stacksOperator:=; PowerType:0; size:0.76; timer.h:1.15; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.y:76; timer.x:-3

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Yeah definitely. Import this into your Global Effects in your PowerAuras.
    Either I imported it incorrectly, or it doesn't work. I'll double check again tomorrow.

I actually started using Satrina's tonight, and it made me wonder if I could use a custom filter to show just when a warrior (that I'm targeting) pops spell reflect. I'm just learning the filter syntax, so if anyone wants to nudge me in the proper direction it'd be much appreciated.

It works. I don't know how you tested it, (by dueling someone?) because that won't work, they are a "friendly" target not an enemy target.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post
    Either I imported it incorrectly, or it doesn't work. I'll double check again tomorrow.

I actually started using Satrina's tonight, and it made me wonder if I could use a custom filter to show just when a warrior (that I'm targeting) pops spell reflect. I'm just learning the filter syntax, so if anyone wants to nudge me in the proper direction it'd be much appreciated.
    1. Create a frame for your target's buffs
    2. Set it to whitelist
    3. Add "n=Spell Reflect"
    4. Configure it however you want (big icons, middle of your screen, opacity?)

I´m pretty sure http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ttle-text.aspx has the bottom frame showing
    power-gains on your target

Think i moved stuff around a bit to get all my gains in the bottom and targets gains in the top of the screen.
    It might be a tad small by default, i´d up the size on it if you want it for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    It works. I don't know how you tested it, (by dueling someone?) because that won't work, they are a "friendly" target not an enemy target.
    That would be my problem then. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    1. Create a frame for your target's buffs
    2. Set it to whitelist
    3. Add "n=Spell Reflect"
    4. Configure it however you want (big icons, middle of your screen, opacity?)
    I'll give that a try tonight when I get off campus. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    I´m pretty sure http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ttle-text.aspx has the bottom frame showing
    power-gains on your target

Think i moved stuff around a bit to get all my gains in the bottom and targets gains in the top of the screen.
    It might be a tad small by default, i´d up the size on it if you want it for pvp.

[Image]
    The problem with Mik's is trying to filter out everything except one or two power gains. Also, default settings? Eww. LoL I'll try it out after I try the tracking in SBF and Power Auras.

I use power auras for this kind of situations too, fro example Divine Shield from paladin, grounding Totem for shamans, etc

I know might be easy to see those things on arena but in bgs sometimes everyone is fighting in a little room and its kinda hard to see

Deleted
    well, my recommendation is to use OhSnap, but that's just me (yes, it works everywhere, even duelling and BGs)

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon View Post

The problem with Mik's is trying to filter out everything except one or two power gains. Also, default settings? Eww. LoL I'll try it out after I try the tracking in SBF and Power Auras.

I said the text for the announce might be a bit small by default. "eww lol?" eh... didn´t say i haven´t changed it.. yeah... if you can´t read the few power-gains the one you´re targeting puts up on him/herself and react when you see "xxx gains Spell Reflect!/Heroism/etc" you might need a new UI or skip PVP. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    I said the text for the announce might be a bit small by default. "eww lol?" eh... didn´t say i haven´t changed it.. yeah... if you can´t read the few power-gains the one you´re targeting puts up on him/herself and react when you see "xxx gains Spell Reflect!/Heroism/etc" you might need a new UI or skip PVP. :P
    I was commenting more on the horrible font that comes with Mik's by default. The power auras import worked perfectly, so my issue has been resolved.