Deleted

Will this comp work?

Hey, just some speculation about a comp I'd really like to see work in Cata, my friend says its bound to fail but I dunno - Would love to hear what you guys think :P
    The setup is Unholy DeathKnight - Ret Paladin - Holy Priest. Could be disc but I'd Like to see holy get some action, especially after the new pvp talents in it which make it really viable :P Unorthadox I know but In cata you never know :P

The reason I think it will work is basicly this - They have quite alot of CC - Hammer Repent Gnaw Chastise Fear Ive thought about this and the burst and utility seems really nice. The priest with Life Grip and DK's Deathgrip are really handy tools. The mobility is great due to Body + Soul, Long arm of the Law, Freedoms, Chains not to mention the passive movement bonuses of Unholy Presence and Pursuit of Justice. The defensive cooldowns of Bubble, AMS, AMZ and Guardian spirit are really not bad atall not to mention the self healing rets and to an extent dks have now. Not to mention they are really hard on the healers now with a 10 second interupt - mana burns and Necrotic strike.

And also to wrap it up the burst of Unholy Frenzy - Abomination pet - Wings ( Insta HoW hitting tons ) And a Priest firing off fires and smites could mean ALOT of trouble for any healer glad or otherwise - I mean with wings, zealotry + abom, unholy frenzy and competant players able to interupt you and fire off instant ccs like hammers and repents AND the ability to fall back and play defensive coming straight back in going hard... thats a bit insane

Thanks for reading I know this is a long post but what do you guys think about this - ya think it will be viable atall? Just wanna see some fellow players theorycraft comps on MMO due to the severe lack of arena atm :L

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 09:10 PM ----------

Btw sorry for my crap stats on my sig lol, logged out in outdated prot gear ftw....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hammer and Gnaw share DR, and Repentance and Chastise share DR. You'll have more defensive CDs with Discipline (Pain Supp, Barrier). I'm sure it could work, just probably not one of those "coast to 1800 then start trying" types of comps.

I'm going with a Arms-Feral-HolyPally. Kitty Cleave ftw
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

10+ Year Old Account
    holy priests have never been a very strong pvp spec and the changes in cata don't look like they'll be changing it.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricolage View Post
    holy priests have never been a very strong pvp spec and the changes in cata don't look like they'll be changing it.
    On the contrary, the changes in cata DO change Holy's PvP viability for the better. Take some time to read around ArenaJunkies or other PvP sites. Its looking especially good in BGs. Having an extra stun and a sprint makes kiting much easier than Disc. Not to mention dispelling poisons, healing with Lightwell while stunned or CCed, great damage with Chakra Smite, and great group healing for BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    still be better off with a rdruid or hpally
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally