Poll: Should Mounts Be BOA (Holiday, Heroic drops, and non raid achivements Mounts ONLY)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Regarding for instance the RAF two-seater flying mount.. I simply don't see why it would not be BOA.

Raiding/purchased/instance mounts I fully agree that those should stay character specific.

It would be wonderful if they made holiday mounts BoA. Rare spawns/drops, like the Time-Lost Proto and Blue Proto for example, would also be amazing in a BoA form. I'm a bit of a mount collector, and if I were to get either of these mounts on an alt and not my shaman...well, I'd cry a bit inside.

Should the BoA mounts just be open account wide, much like how the Celestial Steed is? No, they should just simply be available to send to one of your other characters and have a one time use, much like how shoulder and head enchants are now. Obtainable by one character, transferable to another, one time use.

I think any of the vanity pets would easily fit under this BoA restriction, provided that they meet faction and profession requirements.

Now, raid achievement mounts and rare cache mounts (Mimiron's Head, Ashes of Al'ar, and Invincible) definitely should remain in their current state. Chances are pretty slim that you'd be going after these mounts on anything but your main anyways, but I'd honestly die a little inside to see one of these incredibly hard to obtain, and very epic mounts on someone's scrub alt who's never set foot in the raid.

As far as achievements/titles are concerned...if you earned it on that toon, it should remain on that toon. Though, it would be nice to have some sort of stat consolidation system to add up your raiding data. Right now there's a bit of a problem if you want to run an alt in a PuG, there's quite a few raid leaders who may look you up and pass you over simply because you have yet to progress all that far on that particular toon (this may also become a problem if you're in the midst of switching mains and applying to a new guild). Just being able to say "Hey, check this out. I've defeated this boss and completed this raid this many times filling out these roles." would be pretty cool imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubioza View Post
    I'm not really into mounts, but making mounts BoA is silly idea, no one would ever farm mounts again, they would become easily obtainable and looser their charm. WoW is about putting effort into something.
    Nay for me.
    So would you say BOA gear has lost its charm? Is it silly to have gear all your characters/alts can use? Speak to me. If wow should be about farming, do you think blizz should remove BOA gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh yeah, it's so fun watching my 2nd and 3rd character progress through Winterspring tiger grind.
    If you hate it so much why bother? its not like getting a perfectly serviceable mount is difficult, you can buy the worst (ie used to be 60%) faction mount and it'll go at 100% nowadays. If that ain't a free mount wat is?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Seriously, the WoW crowd is so messed up - even if they said, OK, we can make a cure for cancer now, should we do it? some boneheads would be against it.
    taken seriously [ ]
    w/e [ ]
    derp [X]

Deleted
    Yaay, for sure!
    But limited. Not to the total mounts. but only once every month or something. Because It would indeed be stupid that you can farm them with several toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Opblaaskaas View Post
    Yeah fully agreed.
    Like doing an event boss like the Headless Horseman 10 times on your main then deciding to do it once on an alt and boom, he's got the mount.
    I know you pain :<

OT: Maybe just for the rare/expensive mounts? Nothing is as annoying of hardly even daring to kill baron rivendare on my druid because i know he'll drop the horse i want on my rogue >.< (he actually didn't though) I don't see why this would ruin the aspect of mount/pet farming how many people farm them on multiple chars anyways.

I can see the benefit of BoA-mounts on those random-drop holiday mounts (The "Oh cool it dropped! Shame it's not on my main"-ones), but any others that can be earned whenever: no, ESPECIALLY achievement/raid ones, what's the point of attaching them to achievements or raid-bosses if players can then shuffle them around whichever way they like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    So would you say BOA gear has lost its charm? Is it silly to have gear all your characters/alts can use? Speak to me. If wow should be about farming, do you think blizz should remove BOA gear?
    Not remove it, but make it less powerful so if a really good blue item comes along you can get exited about something instead of rushing through 80 levels in a button mashing torpor.

Yea. (The proper spelling, btw. Yay is like cheering. Yea is an affirmative vote.)

Why non-raid only though? I have some raid drakes on both my main and alt, but it'd be a nice timesaver to not need to form alt runs for the alt. And save time when trying to get an alt into a PUG; instead of logging over to link my main's achievement and prove I know what I'm doing, I just show them my mount.

I don't think it'll ever happen, regardless of limitations, but would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    I really didnt want to come off prude but...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/yay
    — interj
    informal an exclamation indicating approval, congratulation, or triumph

Yep, informal interjection, and an exclaimation. Not "yea" as in a vote of approval, but "Yay!!!!!" as in good job, I approve, you did great!

Your link only proved me right, not wrong. I wish I'd noticed it sooner to reply, but since I don't want to necro the thread almost a month later I'm just editing this. No one will probably ever see the edit, but I wish the school system weren't so terrible these days so kids would learn proper English.
    Last edited by Xentropy; 2010-12-03 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Replying to dictionary link proving yay is the incorrect usage here.

Yea, but SPECIFIC, ACHIEVEMENT-BASED mounts should not be. For example, dungeon/raid achievement mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy View Post
    Yea. (The proper spelling, btw. Yay is like cheering. Yea is an affirmative vote.)

Why non-raid only though? I have some raid drakes on both my main and alt, but it'd be a nice timesaver to not need to form alt runs for the alt. And save time when trying to get an alt into a PUG; instead of logging over to link my main's achievement and prove I know what I'm doing, I just show them my mount.

I don't think it'll ever happen, regardless of limitations, but would be nice.
    I really didnt want to come off prude but...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/yay

Deleted
    I'm for the Idea of Moving dropped mounts from one char to another, not having them on all chars at once. (I would definately concider switching mains if this was implemented.)
    As for rep mounts you should still need to have the required rep on the "new" character.
    Achievent mounts they should stay with the character that has the achievement in question.

Achievement is something that you achieve. An Achievement is something YOU achieve. Alts are characters YOU own. If you should be rewarded for something YOU achieved, then why not be able to switch the rewards over to another character at lvl 80? This means only switching once from the character you achieved the mount on to a level 80 character of your choice.

Exactly for this event I still have my Amani War Bear in my bank ...
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I want to Yay or Nay this one.
    Looking at it from the Yay-perspective it would save me alot of nerdrage when getting raredrops on alts, etc.
    Thinking the Nay-way forces me to believe that it would dramatically increase the percentage of characters carrying rare mounts (wich is bad, rare should be rare - not seen everywhere).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell no ! Instead, make it so we just download the game, push 1 button, and the game plays itself ! Lazy is just that.....LAZY !
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    Hell no ! Instead, make it so we just download the game, push 1 button, and the game plays itself ! Lazy is just that.....LAZY !
    I really hope you dont have any BOA gear, if you do blizz should take your shit away. Show you can show us lazy people how to level alts. Am i rite.

i think all mounts should be BOA especially the Achievement mounts. You earned the mount so why woudlnt you be able to use it on all of your characters. also theres nothing wrong with a lvl 40 running around on Invincible there main obviously earned the mount so they should be able to show off their mount everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    I say YAY, because one of my toons got 2 HH drops, and another toon got 2 Kodo drops. :'(
    What as waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    BoA - and you can learn them on all chars? No
    BoA - but one use only? Yes
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.