Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be honest I would have preferred it to have the stun.
    I am 100% sure that latency will screw up the ability like it does on charge and intercept, if we're lucky to hit someone, he'll still be out of melee range and able to run to safety
    At least with charge and intercept we have the time to catch up while he's stunned

Think about it this way, Furies don't need to blow intercept on initial fight entry, you can just leap now. And it has a higher damage coefficient than Intercept so in PvE it'll be a plus... no more charging into battle and doing 600 dmg and a stun to a boss that can't be stunned..... xD

As far as a PvP addition, now instead of charge/stance dance/(mage blink)/intercept/Heroic Fury/attack, a Fury warrior can PvP and not have to dance to initiate!! If you HL initiate you do hella damage (say 10000 AP at level 85 as an example, 50% = 5000 dmg initial), cause the mage to blink, then once he does intercept, attack, Heroic fury when he tries to separate again and intercept to him basically taking away his/her ability to get away!! This is great cause yeah, no stun, but damn, crap loads of damage + no longer needing to dance is well... epic!

P.S. - If you have the right setup in pvp and a DBW you're easily capping out around 12k AP fully proc'd at 80 so the fake lvl 85 numbers are a wee bit off! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I haven't been able to excited about heroic leap in the first place. Ever since I first heard of it, I've felt it was something of a wank. Just another change in the end, as if we didn't have enough of those already and not even providing anything new to the class. Time will tell if it'll even find it's way to my keybinds or not.
    It's pretty sad when Blizzard gives a Warlocks pet the same abilities of a Class and the fact that the pets ability does more damage...

Deleted
    It's free movement in PvE. And that alone is worth a ton on most encounters since it can be used offensively to increase dps-uptime or defensively to escape stuff.

If all heroic leap does (apart from being an extra mobility move on a 1 minute cd, which is nice but... on a 1 minute cd) is to inflict damage, well that's pretty underwhelming.

Since Wow shipped, we have had an issue of targets being out of range after using a closing-up move (even after the short stun was added).

If the stun is deemed op for some reason, then why not give us a speed buff for a few seconds after using HL?
    Last edited by Glencar; 2010-11-10 at 05:01 PM.

The whole reason why i liked Heroic Leap was that if done right it could not be jumped, and allowed me to do what i needed to keep my target in range on next global cooldown. Such as giving a chance to throwdown or hamstring.

Okey take away the stun if you think it is an overkill. But then stick a 4 seconds 75% movement reduction on it. To bloody make sure i can hit my target again after i Leaped it.

3 years in the making and they still fail to make the heroic leap "heroic".
    kinda disappointing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The whole reason why i liked Heroic Leap was that if done right it could not be jumped, and allowed me to do what i needed to keep my target in range on next global cooldown. Such as giving a chance to throwdown or hamstring.

Okey take away the stun if you think it is an overkill. But then stick a 4 seconds 75% movement reduction on it. To bloody make sure i can hit my target again after i Leaped it.
    This isn't a bad idea at all. I wouldn't mind seeing a Glyph of Heroic Leap that adds on a AE daze (Pierceing Howl).
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

How you can even complain about this ability?

God forbid a team ever peels a warrior for a second.

Now they have 3 "charges" 2 of which stun and 1 that just jumps your character to your target and rapes them with 50% of your attack power.
    Hey guys, I have a great idea! : Let's make warriors have more stuns then rogues and are physically impossible to peel!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post

Now they have 3 "charges" 2 of which stun and 1 that just jumps your character to your target and rapes them with 50% of your attack power.
    Hey guys, I have a great idea! : Let's make warriors have more stuns then rogues and are physically impossible to peel!
    Your point being?

The reason why you needed to peel warriors before was that if they stayed on something they would eventualy take off 20% of your armor 50% of your spell power, why sticking a 50% healing reduction on you. Now we do none of that.

There are still countless ways to peel a warrior. (Hello roots, Polymorph, 75% movement reduction, Death Grip, Disarm, knockbacks etc.) What all those charges are there for is to get back in range (arguebly the only melee class easyer to CC is a paladin), so you can keep damaging and interupting. We kill people by controling fights, we cant just tunnle people down anymore overtime.

I see that you are not a fan of class balance when it puts warriors on equal fotting with others but none the less class balance is needed. There are people who play classes that you dont, and they would like to enjoy their game as much as you do.

The root of the problem is not in us having or lacking enough charges. The problem is in charge jumping. The only way you can understand this, is by actualy playing warrior and being faced with this issue constantly. It is frustrating and game breaking.

Because the stun on Heroic Leap was an AoE, similar to Shadowfury, you could use it to avoid people jumping your charges. (Charge jumping is not a valid counter tactic, blizzard stated this themselfs in a blue post, but because it is caused by latency its near impossible to fix.)

Now after the self heal nerf, myself and i am sure many others where looking forward to potentialy taking some other specs, that skiped Piercing Howl, thinking that well if they start charge jumping me, i still have the Heroic Leap AoE stun for that crucial moment once every couple of minutes. Now it somewhat feels like Blizz is telling me that if you want some mechanic to avoid getting charge jumped ALL THE TIME!!! you will pick the universal cookie cutter build picking up Piercing Howl and you will also Glyph it. It feels like you are getting pushed into an absolute cookie cutter build with zero variation, and without ANY potential variations on your individual play style. None.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

There's an idea with merit! Severely Daze targets after the leap.
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it has lost all possible use for tanking now. I guess prot doesn't get anything from levels 81 through 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, it has lost all possible use for tanking now. I guess prot doesn't get anything from levels 81 through 85.
    "High" threat AoE opener? ....hard to say really...depends how much threat does the thing pull...idk really...the its really does not equate to stun-rend-clap-shockwave.

Tho it is really more of a PvP nerf then a PvE one, as the uses of HL in PvE were limited in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't recall if it costs rage or not, but i really cant see the point of this ability. Already having charge/intercept/intervene, having ANOTHER 'quickly jump to a target' ability seems a little ... boring. If you can use it while falling to avoid death or Jump up to the enemy gy in wsg it might be somewhat usefull, but it feels weak as one of our new abilities.

Offtopic, what happened to Gushing wound?

Quote Originally Posted by RainRain View Post
    .......try on beta and see how the 2sc stun are very important ! not just mage im saying we need the stun more than the bonus damage, HL is a skill to stop or immobilize the target not a skill to create a number of damage

Not any more. When did you get to decide what Heroic Leap is designed to do?
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    I can't recall if it costs rage or not, but i really cant see the point of this ability. Already having charge/intercept/intervene, having ANOTHER 'quickly jump to a target' ability seems a little ... boring. If you can use it while falling to avoid death or Jump up to the enemy gy in wsg it might be somewhat usefull, but it feels weak as one of our new abilities.

Offtopic, what happened to Gushing wound?
    As i said before the idea behind this long cooldown "charge" was that you could pin someone down who was jumping your charges.

As if gushing wounds...well it just got lost in translation somewhere along the way...silently.

And no currently Heroic Leap does not cost any Rage, but it does not generate any either.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunker View Post

I think you must of missed the part where all range have 40 yd casts. Yeah you will NEVER be able catch them, heroic leap losing it's stun is WAY worse then charge jumping. If a mage keeps running from you and you heroic leap you still won't catch them. No matter what. I can understand the whole peel thing in WotLK but with casters now having a 40 yd range cast and warriors losing nearly all their crazy pvp utility they aren't as scary anymore.

Heroic Leap is trash, it was somewhat acceptable in it's prior form but now is just utter garbage. I don't even care if it did 500% your ap, its trash. Give its stun back or make it uselful imo. Im sure no one wants a blink aoe damage on a one minute cool down as their 85 ability.

Deleted
    Gushing wound was scrapped, dunno why.

OT: My main is a warrior and playing on beta as one I've had ALOT of fun with this move. I really don't care about the stun, the leap itself is fun and does feel heroic, and more dmg from it is always welcome. Can't really say anything bad bout it. Perhaps that I can't use it to jump over gaps.. needs a path just like charge/intercept/intevene.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgrar View Post
    Not any more. When did you get to decide what Heroic Leap is designed to do?
    Umm I think it's quite obvious of what it was designed to do. As charge dosnt have a 40 yd range cast to get within a casters reach. Heroic Leap however does and was PROBABLY MOST LIKELY designed to catch up to long distance foes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok it all depends on how much threat it generates if its low then it maybe is a dps ability (MAYBE)
    In my eyes:

Pve

Prot: It is useless. When you compare it to 2/2 blitz where you atleast stun 2 targets.
    Fury : I dont see the use here(maybe it is for start up damage but that is all i can think off)
    Arms: I again dont see the use for it here(just like fury)
    Other: The only thing i think it would be usefull for is to get from one place to the other faster (to get out of the fire xD)

Pvp

(any spec) : With the nerf it is only is a gap closer. But when you attack for example :
    Mages they just blink and run away ,same goes for hunters(kite you like crazy) and boomkins(root and run).