Replace Healing Rain with...

Monsoon.

Compare:

Healing Rain
    46% of base mana, 30 yd range, 2 sec cast, 1 minute cooldown
    Calls forth healing rains to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman, restoring 345.02 to 410.36 health to allies in the area every 2 sec for 10 sec.

Monsoon
    46% of base mana, 30 yd range, 2 sec cast, 1 minute cooldown
    Calls forth a monsoon to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman, restoring 345.02 to 410.36 health to allies in the area every 2 sec for a base duration of 10 sec. Each Lightning Bolt and Healing Wave spell cast increases the duration of Monsoon by 1 second. In addition, Monsoon becomes stronger over time, granting an additional 4% health every 2 sec.

Breakdown:
    - The cooldown is increased.
    - Because the cast times for lightning bolt and healing wave are both longer than 1 second, eventually you will lose the monsoon.
    - At it's full potential monsoon will only last for about 18 seconds
    - The first tick of 4% additional health only adds between 13.8 - 16.4 health, so it's not really op.
    - Preference: I like the name "monsoon" better than healing rain.

It adds a dynamic feel to the spell that can only bring more flavor to Shaman healing. Plus ele Shamans can use it with Lightning Bolt as well.
    Last edited by Vesheke; 2010-11-10 at 06:20 PM.
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

There isnt a problem with Healing Rain. the problem is with the other AoE heals being overpowered and needing to be nerfed.
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

So what you're saying is that other AoE heals are OP because you might actually want to cast them in a fight?

I think what he was trying to get across (and had in mind) is that Holy Radiance from Paladin healers is overpowered. Before the most recent 'nerf' it was about 50% of their overall healing.

Now tell me that it wasn't too good compared to Healing Rain with a straight face.