Graphics card phail

So i just bought the Radeon 5570 which is supposed to be a ballin graphics card
    but it doesnt help my fps in niether WoW or Starcraft 2; i updated my drivers and still nothing
    i even went throught the proccess of reformating my computer 'cause i thoguht something was wrong there, nope
    so i wanted to know if i needed to download something else purhaps because when i logged onto starcraft it was like
    "Hey, so your using a graphics card," or something like that, so i think my computer is picking up that im using one
    but i dont have the requirement of some download or something to use?

also if all of that is just a load of crap and i obviously need a new graphics card
    what do i buy
    a different radeon
    or a different brand of graphics card.
    anyway i would like all imput that is helpful
    and i thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    The 5570 is a rather low end card (for example, the 5770 is usually suggested as a minimum level gaming card in this forum). That might be holding you back. It could also be your CPU holding you back. WoW is highly CPU-bound. I don't believe SC2 is as CPU-bound, though.

Deleted
    To be honest I am using an XFX HD 5770 and I`m pretty happy with it. My settings are all on Ultra and shadows and sunshafts at High. I even tried a 25 man with these and I kept Filtering and Multisampling at the maximum also. The results were a bottom of 25FPS which is more than enough for me. With the same settings in Dalaran I keep at 30 or more FPS.

Dunno if anyone would refer to a 5570 as 'ballin' in graphics performance. It's a budget card. Perhaps, as mentioned, you were thinking of the 5770? That's a solid WoW card.

A radeon 5570 is a HTPC decoder card not really a gaming card.
    It isn't surprising that you are having issues gaming with it.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    Didn`t notice it is 5570 :S