Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Light of Dawn - back to Holy Power...

"•Light of Dawn now uses Holy Power instead of Mana. Now heals up to 5 targets. No longer has a cooldown - Consumes all Holy Power to send a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within a 30 yard frontal cone for 1008.96 to 1124.15 per charge of Holy Power"

Ok so the 5 target thing stops it from being 'OP' in raids. But why the hell is it back to costing Holy Power? Doesn't the limitation of 5 targets justify a decent aoe heal that we are sure we can use exactly when we need it? Monitoring Holy Power as a healer just seem seem right to me.. what do you do when you need that aoe heal and you're not at 3 holy power?

I guess the drop of the CD means we can use it more often, would be good to get some feedback from people in the beta, how does it play out? And has the amount of healing changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you do when you need that aoe heal and you're not at 3 holy power?
    Holy Radiance. Remember, this is a beta build; these changes are balanced for level 85.

I'm assuming it chooses 5 targets in a smart heal kind of way?

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm assuming it chooses 5 targets in a smart heal kind of way?
    it sure does. the tooltip reflects that it will heal 5 of the most injured targets in the wave of healing energy.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

This is exactly what we needed, I'm over the moon with this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a nice change, it limits the "OP-ness" of the spell by giving it a maximum targets it can hit. But also i think its nice that we can use our Holy Power for something else than just a single target heal.

Now we will be able to both single target heal and raid heal, with both Mana and Holy Power. Opens alot of new ways to heal certain things imo

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Ok so the 5 target thing stops it from being 'OP' in raids. But why the hell is it back to costing Holy Power? Doesn't the limitation of 5 targets justify a decent aoe heal that we are sure we can use exactly when we need it? Monitoring Holy Power as a healer just seem seem right to me.. what do you do when you need that aoe heal and you're not at 3 holy power?
    Actually, the 5 target thing allows them to actually balance the spell so it's not completely useless like it is now.

You can't balance an unlimited target heal very well for both 10 and 25 man raids. Holy Radiance is on a longer cooldown, so it's not as big of an issue, but they're still having difficulties with it. Expect further Holy Radiance changes. My guess is that Light of Dawn will be tinkered with a little bit more, and Holy Radiance will end up with a longer cooldown.

I'm still not really all that enamored with Holy Power as a concept for healing, but this is a positive change for sure. Finally, something else besides Word of Glory to use Holy Power on.

i think this change will be very nice. i find myself often at 3stacks of holy power and there's not alot to use them on except spothealing 1 target for around 12k. With this change we can look at healing 5 targets for around 10k each if it scales good with spellpower, also no cooldown which is VERY nice since we lost 2 passive heals when 4.0.1 came.

Edit*
    I can perhaps see one small "unbalance" with this and it's with the 35% chance not to consume holy power, having that talent with 3stacks and being able to keep spamming 3 stacks can be very powerfull. I seriuslly doubt we will see heals bigger than 10k per target before lvl 85, but hey.. most icc raid damage now is in the 2-6k range so why bother overhealing so much.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2010-11-03 at 11:40 PM.

I can perhaps see one small "unbalance" with this and it's with the 35% chance not to consume holy power, having that talent with 3stacks and being able to keep spamming 3 stacks can be very powerfull. I seriuslly doubt we will see heals bigger than 10k per target before lvl 85, but hey.. most icc raid damage now is in the 2-6k range so why bother overhealing so much.
    Are you thinking about the Eternal Glory talent? This only affects Word of Glory as far as I know. It may very well have been changed as I am not on the Beta and the talent page hasnt been updated.

I always liked LOD with holy power more then with mana, as others said it give us choice, but i hated that it was on pointless CD aded to the fact that you need to build up the charges. the current versoin that i play around on live is powerful but it feels very pointless with the long CD, i don't mind the 5 player cap if the healing is increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think the only way I'd actually like the change of Light of Dawn is if they made the Protection talent 'Eternal Glory' also had the chance to have your Light of Dawn casts not consume Holy Power.

Despite it's weak healing at level 80, I loved Light of Dawn regardless. I just hope it's decent come 85 with this new change.

Deleted
    its 1k/2k/3k for 1/2/3 charges of holy power.

So no they havent increased its healing as it roughly heals for 3k or so atm, they limited it down to 5/6 ppl. But removed the cooldown and mana cost.
    Its a Fair trade off in the way it works i think.

If it doesnt have the proc chance form eternal glory though i can't see it being used an aweful lot. Mostly because The actualy healing it does isnt that much more than WoG, its just multi target. And in a raid scenerio where you have time its always more mana efficent to single target people back up.

It will be interesting to see how much it scales with spellpower. As if it does scale well, then it could be an incerdibly useful tool.

Although giving us an AoE heal without a cooldown (limited through HP generatin though).
    This will allow them to have a boss that does a constant aura style damage without making paladins 'gimped' for that particluar healing style encounter. Yes im sure priests and druids HoT's would probs be better but this would have its uses. Espcially mana efficient wise.
    Last edited by mmoca72bb9769b; 2010-11-04 at 01:49 AM.

Oyyy, i feel like Holy Power is guna be our crutch.
    2 of our useful spells rely on it now.
    If you think about it we only cast 2(or4 if you count FoL and DL) heals, Holy Shock and Holy Light.
    I'm looking forward to playing my pally don't get me wrong but i'm nervous that were guna rely to much on holy power =/
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    Honestly, I think the only way I'd actually like the change of Light of Dawn is if they made the Protection talent 'Eternal Glory' also had the chance to have your Light of Dawn casts not consume Holy Power.

Despite it's weak healing at level 80, I loved Light of Dawn regardless. I just hope it's decent come 85 with this new change.
    thought about that too.

well that change to LoD is quite nice i think seeing how easy it is to stack HP. what i fear most would be its scaling but at least, HPallies may have decent AoE healing with that.

edit:
    is relying on HP a bad thing? after all, those 2 spells (WoG/LoD) have their specific niche and costing HP means you get more mana to use for the other spells after all. not to mention they're instants.
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2010-11-04 at 02:07 AM.

I see your point, The mana free heals are amazing
    It just im nervous that we have to rely on holypower genertation
    so were spending heals(that have a long cooldown, or are on the beacon) to get more heals
    I'm not trying to argue or QQ because i'm not on beta and i really don't know
    I'm just nervous

I would like to see Eternal Glory modified, but specifically with this in mind:
    When your LoD fails to heal 4 or more targets you have a 30%/60% chance restore your holy power.

This isn't balanced, but i'd like to see something like this, otherwise you'd purposefully try to heal less targets.. ew..

Make it restore one Holy Power, and that might be a little better, Tobley.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    If you add that, then there's no punishment for not using it right. Some spells (like this one) is how you differ good players from bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5 person limitation definatly soothes the obligation to try to get as many people with it as possible. Somewhat of course. You still want to try to get all 5 people.

15+ Year Old Account
    i do like this change, and i'm sure it will change again, but i also enjoyed healing infest with LoD as it is now.