Poll: Upset over deletion of Server First! Goblin/Worgen to 85 achievement?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server First 85 Goblin/Worgen no more.. Anyone else upset?

Anyone else upset over blizzards recent decision over taking out the goblin and worgen server first achievements? I've been preping for nearly a month getting mats and potions, researching leveling areas, buying/obtaining gear. I understand Some people will say that it's "a waste of time" but its something that was making me excited for the expansion. Can't explain why these things are fun and exciting to me.

And before people start explaining why "The race is unhealthy" lets realize that if blizzard were to open up any new servers, they would quickly have every class racing from 1-85 trying to obtain the realm first achievements. I participated in WotLK's race to 80 and it was fun and exciting to me. I slept at least 8 hours a night, ate fine, went to school and studied for finals/tests and still got 8th gnome, 11th rogue on a high population pvp competitive server.

I did create a suggestion thread (For at least giving goblins or worgens that level from 1 a tabard or title unique to Gilneas or Kazen) although it looks like that forum is pretty much dead right now.

I don't know, maybe it is just me...

***********EDIT***********
    Ok so there has been some confusion over what I'm actually conveying. I DON'T mind the race change on day one of cataclysm due to the OLD achievement on beta requiring goblins/worgens to have to complete their respective starting areas to be eligible.

WHEN you server transfer or race change you are Ineligible from getting server firsts for 60 days.

ON the front page of the new World of warcraft community site, they have said:
    "With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Kezan, Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process. There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.

You can learn more about our promotions and paid services here."

Meaning no goblin/worgen first achievements.

Thanks

-Uix
    Last edited by Uix; 2010-11-11 at 04:03 AM.

They're removing all the server first race achievements, but keeping the class achievements. Because you're going to be able to race-change into a Worgen or Goblin right away, they don't want someone to level as their current race to 85, pay for the change and get the achievement (or race-change and then level to 85).

You are on cooldown from getting server first achievements if you do certain services, you can double check in the FAQ's on wow's website *i cant post links =(* Not to mention that the current achievements for Goblin/Worgen, you had to complete the starting zones for the race. So for goblins it was the first to 85 that had completed the lost isles, Worgen the gilneas chain.

-Uix

Eh I think there are plenty of server 1st achievements for people to chase after. I would rather be able to race change one of my characters now instead of having to wait a couple months to do so.

I wasn't suggesting not letting people race change on day 1, becuase like I had previosly stated, the current achievements you had to complete the corresponding starting area.

-Uix

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue isn't the worgen and goblin so much but consider this:

It's currently fine to race change to anything else right now. So I level up my Troll rogue first, then I race change her to undead and eat up that achievement too. That's not really fair to the undead players, but it's certainly possible!

So if they're going to allow some race changes during Cata, they might as well allow ALL of the race changes to happen right away. Plus that allows people who don't really give a crap about the starting areas the ability to just jump into whatever minmax racials they want.

It makes them money and has minimal impact on the game. I don't really see a problem here.

Yeesh, I don't know how many times i gotta say this kinda information...

They only had goblin/Worgen achievements in beta, not other races, and you had to just complete the starting areas to be eligible...

When you use certain services such as race/server change, it puts you on a 60 day cooldown from obtaining any server first achievements...

zzzzz

-Uix

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    The issue isn't the worgen and goblin so much but consider this:

It's currently fine to race change to anything else right now. So I level up my Troll rogue first, then I race change her to undead and eat up that achievement too. That's not really fair to the undead players, but it's certainly possible!

So if they're going to allow some race changes during Cata, they might as well allow ALL of the race changes to happen right away. Plus that allows people who don't really give a crap about the starting areas the ability to just jump into whatever minmax racials they want.

It makes them money and has minimal impact on the game. I don't really see a problem here.
    I agree. I'm really neither for or against the change, it doesn't affect me in the least. I'll still take my time and take in as much of the new content as possible.

Deleted
    Afaik the server firsts for goblin/worgen are still in the game? You just have to start from lvl 1 and complete the chain quest for the starting zone. Since it's instanced or phased or w/e you can't race change and go back to do it with a lvl 80. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Alright... I'm going to have to edit my first post to make sure people aren't thinking i don't WANT race transfers, and HOW it wouldn't effect anyone.

Reading full threads FTL... =(

-Uix

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu View Post
    Afaik the server firsts for goblin/worgen are still in the game? You just have to start from lvl 1 and complete the chain quest for the starting zone. Since it's instanced or phased or w/e you can't race change and go back to do it with a lvl 80. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
    Quoted from front page of the new world of warcraft community site.

"With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Kezan, Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process. There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.

You can learn more about our promotions and paid services here."

Yea.... they are taking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Uix View Post
    Anyone else upset over blizzards recent decision over taking out the goblin and worgen server first achievements? I've been preping for nearly a month getting mats and potions, researching leveling areas, buying/obtaining gear. I understand Some people will say that it's "a waste of time" but its something that was making me excited for the expansion. Can't explain why these things are fun and exciting to me.

And before people start explaining why "The race is unhealthy" lets realize that if blizzard were to open up any new servers, they would quickly have every class racing from 1-85 trying to obtain the realm first achievements. I participated in WotLK's race to 80 and it was fun and exciting to me. I slept at least 8 hours a night, ate fine, went to school and studied for finals/tests and still got 8th gnome, 11th rogue on a high population pvp competitive server.

I did create a suggestion thread (For at least giving goblins or worgens that level from 1 a tabard or title unique to Gilneas or Kazen) although it looks like that forum is pretty much dead right now.

I don't know, maybe it is just me...

-Uix
    it IS unhealthy, just because people do it doesnt mean its not unhealthy.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

In Soviet Russia they say "Cares Who?"

Quote Originally Posted by Uix View Post
    Anyone else upset over blizzards recent decision over taking out the goblin and worgen server first achievements? I've been preping for nearly a month getting mats and potions, researching leveling areas, buying/obtaining gear. I understand Some people will say that it's "a waste of time" but its something that was making me excited for the expansion. Can't explain why these things are fun and exciting to me. -Uix
    I feel bad that you've prepared for it, and now all that effort has gone to waste. And no, the "first of class X to 85" isn't much of a consolation prize. It is akin to those folks who have been grinding Shendralar rep for the Insane achievement, and now they no longer need it as a requirement... lots of planning, and for naught.

That said, I think the decision to allow release-day race changes will be better for the game. More players will enjoy having the option to change to a worgen or goblin right away. The "first worgen/goblin from 1 to 85" has an esoteric appeal, really.

srsly, who the hell cares about who spent 36hrs of no eating or sleeping for getting to something of a videogame first in the world...no, first in your realm

Oh man, now I guess you can't be the very best like no one ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Every class is evenly balanced.

Didn't they fix this problem when they added the requirement for the Realm First: Level 85 Goblin/Worgen to complete the starter quests for their respective races? I really don't know why this has been bought up.
    Last edited by Thorzon; 2010-11-11 at 04:07 AM.

Reread my original post! I'm not opposed to first day Race Changes! Yeesh!

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    Didn't they fix this problem when they added the requirement for the Realm First: Level 85 Goblin/Worgen to complete the starter quests for their respective races? I really don't know why this has been bought up.
    AHHHHH they are taking it out altogether! reread my main post!

I hate Realm-First achievements. The less WoW has, the better.

Whoooo carreeessss

I'm always interested in people who say this. They aren't hurting you, why care so much? Just don't try to be first or something.

-Uix