Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most Enjoyable 1-58 Path

Hello Old World Changes forum, I've been reading up on the beta recently and seeing comments about a lot of different zones being amazingly awesome but others still lame. Once Cataclysm launches the first thing I'll be doing is leveling a mage, but I want to make sure I experience the most fun zone progression path to level 58, so I was wondering if people on the beta, who have leveled characters, could tell what they believe to be the most fun zone progression for 1-58 for both Alliance and Horde.

Bump. I'd like to know this too.

edit: on horde

In short there is no enjoyable 1-58 grind even after cata hits and everything get reworked its only a little better but for the most part those first 58 are ass. My advice spend 35 bucks RAF yourself and power your way to 58 with 300% exp its the quickest and most painless way.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

Bump, Alliance please. =)
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

Tbh, it depends on what race you choose.. I've been lvling both goblin, worgen human & gnome to 60 on the beta servers and i would say they are all very equal in "fun-factor"
    I actually enjoyed Strangle-thorn a lot with the changes there.. This might be different on live, since i was practically the only person there. :P

But tbh, there isn't really any "best" way to do it.. just follow the path.
    The only thing that caught me offguard, was the fact that when done in Tanaris, there is no breadcrumb quests (i thought it was a bug) untill i realized you have to start it in your Capital, from a "questboard".

Hope this helps. :P

I will hopefully be able to answer more of your questions if you desire, but now I'm off for the next 1½ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    In short there is no enjoyable 1-58 grind even after cata hits and everything get reworked its only a little better but for the most part those first 58 are ass. My advice spend 35 bucks RAF yourself and power your way to 58 with 300% exp its the quickest and most painless way.
    Leveling the first time is always fun. Not sure why you play WoW?

Its all about personal opinion man. in the old world i enjoyed the horde quests in dustwallow marsh, ashenvale, winterspring, feralas, Felwood, and hinterlands while the plaguelands i left behind. (however after trying loremaster on my main, i definately have to check them out at the right level). but others might prefer the plaguelands over the others. i wanted to see more of te world despite what was faster or easier.

So what the person in beta chooses to level with, may not be the best or the easiest.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai
    Tbh, it depends on what race you choose.. I've been lvling both goblin, worgen human & gnome to 60 on the beta servers and i would say they are all very equal in "fun-factor"
    I actually enjoyed Strangle-thorn a lot with the changes there.. This might be different on live, since i was practically the only person there. :P

But tbh, there isn't really any "best" way to do it.. just follow the path.
    The only thing that caught me offguard, was the fact that when done in Tanaris, there is no breadcrumb quests (i thought it was a bug) untill i realized you have to start it in your Capital, from a "questboard".

Hope this helps. :P

I will hopefully be able to answer more of your questions if you desire, but now I'm off for the next 1½ hours.
    Hmm I expect some to significantly less fun than others based on comments from guidies, but this makes me even more excited, as it sounds like you'll have fun no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar
    Its all about personal opinion man. in the old world i enjoyed the horde quests in dustwallow marsh, ashenvale, winterspring, feralas, Felwood, and hinterlands while the plaguelands i left behind. (however after trying loremaster on my main, i definately have to check them out at the right level). but others might prefer the plaguelands over the others. i wanted to see more of te world despite what was faster or easier.

So what the person in beta chooses to level with, may not be the best or the easiest.
    While this is slightly, slightly true I still think asking for a basis of where to take my new alt would be better than accidentally taking a less "enjoyable" path. Plus I'd love to heard beta testers' opinions on the new 1-58 zones.

Deleted
    I very much liked Westfall, infact i recommend it over the other alliance 10-20 zone Auberdine.
    Westfall had a few pretty fun quests (CSI reference anyone? ), the zone is hugely changed and ends up with a dungeon quests, which is a bonus.
    Auberdine had a couple of quests rewarding really nice blue items and a tiny chunck on old god lore, also there are cultists in the area.

Duskwood is another must-go-to zone imho, quests are re-worked, the added flight eliminates what was Diskwood's major flaw - too much running time between quests. Also many non-friendly NPCs are replaced with the new worgens.

Redridge has been also changed significantly, the zone flow is great!

I personally intend to visit every zone with worgen questgivers, thus i made a list of them.
    My plan : Gilneas -> Westfall/Auberdine (for shinies) ->Duskwood ->Stonetalon ->STV ->Feralas ->EPL ->Felwood ->Blasted lands and beyond.

Technically its better to stay on either Kalimdor or EK to avoid excessive travel time.

If i have to choose a specific path i enjoyed the most, it'll have to be the human starter area.

Going Westfall -> Redridge -> Duskwood -> STV was the most fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're gonna enjoy alot of the new zones either way. I will make both a Goblin and a new Undead to try out the new lvling experience, both in Kalimdore and Eastern Kingdoms.

I've barely tried the quests on Alliance side; I did the Worgen starting area, cleared Westfall and Redridge, and it was very enjoyable. Not so sure about Duskwood and STV, but from what I've seen @ The Yogscast, it's pretty much the same as it used to be.

Anyway, I'd recommend you to go back and revisit your former favorit zones, we all had out favorittes, and it's quite entertaining to see the changes they've made.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see. I'll start with my enemies, the Hordies

Well, to be honest, I've seen both sides, and want the truth?

Roll a Forsaken OR a Goblin (If you don't like Goblins, choose Orc). Forsaken path is AWESOME, except for Arathi, so I'd quest quickly and leave that zone, because it's a shitfest.

But Silverpine/Hillsbrad are both EPIC. Tirisfal is damn good (Atleast 1-5, no idea about 6-10), and then Hinterlands is okay-ish, WPL/EPL are awesome, and the rest are also great.

Why Goblins instead of Orcs? Easy, they get the best starter zone by far, and Azshara is great too, Northern Barrens is nice and all... But out of the 70 quests, only half are new. Now, that's fine since the zone isn't bad, but compared to Azshara, it's lame. In Kalimdor, after doing Ashenvale and Stonetalon (Awesome) you can either choose Desolace or Southern Barrens and Southern Barrens is the way to go, even if Horde don't feel as strong as Alliance, the zone is still AWESOME (And your power is shown in Ashenvale/Stonetalon... So).

But please, please, avoid Dustwallow, that is not changed AT ALL, Feralas is way better (Especially for Allies, since Feathermoon is badass now).
    Then you'll follow the normal leveling path, and no idea what's better after that.

Now my favorite faction, the Alliance

So, the two best races to choose? Worgen/Human, no doubt (If you don't like Worgen, choose NE).

Now, Worgen feel way better in EK IMO, but for the sake of giving you an answer, I'll use them in the Kalimdor path.

Why Worgen? Easy, Gilneas is the BEST starter zone, and even if their presence isn't as good as NE's, you are looking for a good leveling path, so you won't care about that. Follow this path: Gilneas Darkshore/Westfall (If you pick Westfall, then follow the Human path)/Ashenvale/Stonetalon/Southern Barrens/Feralas (Worgen squads here, turns out Worgen females know how to fight)/Thousand Needles/The rest :P

If you want to, pick a NE, you'll feel more important when questing, but 1-10 isn't as awesome :P

Silithus is SHIT. Avoid it, just go to Cenarion Hold and take the Portal to Blasted Lands.

Human/Worgen: (Goblins fit in Kalimdor, that's why I didn't feel like sending them to EK) Elwynn 1-5 for humans is great, but their 6-10 feels like a time bubble (Except for a few changes). Then Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood are EPIC, and Northern/Southern STV are both great, really.
    Humans, or Worgen, if you like EK, have the best leveling path by far, and I think you should pick that.
    Really, it feels epic questing in Westfall and Redridge, and WPL/EPL are awesome too.

PS: The other zones, Badlands, Searing Gorge and the rest, are also great, and there's a nice Worgen town in Blasted Lands

One thing, the "lamest" (Because they aren't as epic as the rest) leveling paths are Dwarf/Gnome, IMO, and Horde-side, Tauren (If you choose Northern Barrens). Loch Modan and Wetlands, heck even Dun Morogh are great, but those pale in comparison to Human and Forsaken in EK. So yea, stick to Worgen/Human/NE and Forsaken/Goblin/Orc.

Even if horde isn't as strong? What the hell does that mean?

Deleted
    I always enjoy leveling when I level a new class, if it gets boring i either exit wow for a day or a couple of hours then play again or I log another char.

Deleted
    Personally my favourite cata leveling paths to 58 are:

Horde
    10-20 Silverpine forest
    20-25 Hillsbrad
    25-30 Stonetalon
    30-35 Southern Barrens
    35-40 WPL
    40-45 EPL
    45-48 Badlands
    48-50 Wherever...
    50-55 Un'Goro
    54-58 Blasted Lands

Alliance
    10-15 Westfall
    15-20 Lakeshire
    20-25 Duskwood
    25-30 Wherever...
    30-35 Southern Barrens
    35-40 WPL
    40-45 EPL
    45-48 Badlands
    48-50 Wherever...
    50-55 Un'Goro
    54-58 Blasted Lands

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    In the Southern Barrens. Atleast IMO, they felt weaker than the Alliance there. On the other hand, they felt like the stronger side in Ashenvale and Stonetalon.

those levels is the best in the game.. atleast in my opinion. i like to level characters up to lvl 60, then start a new one just becourse i like the old zones better

Pay 35 bucks just to level up a little faster 1-60? Hell no. I rather go level up the normal way.

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    I Think hes referring to the Alliances new presence in S barrens

Have tried some of the new 1-20 experiences on beta, I've found them to be quite enjoyable. Not sure about the 20+ areas though.

Time will tell.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.