Unholy questions

So I've been sitting here at the training dummies, learning keybinding while attempting to master Unholy with the new Rune system. After about twenty or so minutes of this, I've come up with several questions that I would appreciate help with, any anybody doesn't mind:

1. Should I rely entirely on Festering Strike to keep up my diseases? Sometimes I don't have enough Runes to cast it, and without my knowning some or all of my diseases fall off and I have to manually start my rotation over again.

2. Is dual wielding still viable for Unholy? I recall someone saying that it is not, but after a spot of testing with two one handers I seem to be getting a lot more Sudden Doom procs, literally just getting three in a row as I type this post.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    1. Should I rely entirely on Festering Strike to keep up my diseases? Sometimes I don't have enough Runes to cast it, and without my knowning some or all of my diseases fall off and I have to manually start my rotation over again.
    You should be able to use Festering Strike to keep your diseases up for at least a minute before your diseases drop off. If you are doing this then you're fine. You should however get something to track your diseases better, you should never be in the situation of not knowing whether your diseases have dropped off or not. I personally use DKI Runes but there are a number of addons that you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    2. Is dual wielding still viable for Unholy? I recall someone saying that it is not, but after a spot of testing with two one handers I seem to be getting a lot more Sudden Doom procs, literally just getting three in a row as I type this post.
    It's not. Don't even bother going near it. If you want to dual wield then you go frost.

DW is ok if your haste is not very good. But once you got some good haste 2H is much much better.

FS is the way to keep diseases up, it deals the same dmg as IT + PS but only cost 1 GCD and you save 1 UH rune for SS.