Poll: Which do you prefer?

Thread: Tree or Bear?

Deleted

Tree or Bear?

Now that cataclysm is coming out very soon I've decided to rethink my secondary spec.

Currently I am a balance main spec and am not planning on changing this. My secondary spec is restoration. I currently love ranged DPS and like tanking and healing equally. Although I obviously know that it is mainly down to personal opinion but I would really appreciate some advice from experts in the zone. Are trees going to be good for cata and same with bears for tanking. (Btw I think I'd rather go bear over cat in case you were wondering). Do they have good, fun rotations? I ain't wanting to to play an arcane mage version of a tank or a healer :P (No offence.) What glyphs should I go? Any advice on anything to do with the specs would be very much appreciated.

The poll is just for which one you prefer, not which one you think I should go.

Thanks Euzian.

Deleted
    PvP Boomkin tbh... but if your not into BGs or Arena then I would go resto. You can share gear between the two specs and in raids if your raid needs an extra healer then they can have one. Rarely will you need more than the predefined amount of tanks.

dude have you seen the new tree model? epic sauce. Go tree because it looks cooler.

Also for me personally i loved druid healing much more than druid tanking, it seemed like more activity, rolling hots on everyone in a 25 man raid

i am in the same state. Moonkin pve and rotate both tank, heal and pvp (resto and balance). the problem with this are the always full bags of gear and the talent change cost :P

btw i think i ll go moonkin/tank while exping (solo moonkin and tank for dungeon -insta queue)
    At 85 i think i ll go balance/resto or Balance/balance pvp cause you'll never find a raid that starts with 1 tank less (omg english)
    Resto as an offspec is usefull on bosses where you need that extra heal.

on the balance pvp talent tree, it only changes in 2-3 talents, and i feel like i am skipping some part of the game having only 1 spec :S really dunno
    Last edited by Rudy; 2010-11-11 at 11:18 AM.
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

I've always hated healing, so I voted bear. Additionally, the feral tree is built so that you can have a very effective spec for both tanking and dps, giving you more bang for the buck.

Deleted
    Thanks for your advice so far guys. Tbh I'm not huge on pvp either and I know this'll peeve some of you guys off but I'm fine with my current balance pve spec for pvp :P. Ah well if I'm not too hardcore then I don't think I need a dedicated spec for it.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 11:37 AM ----------

Bumpy. Please would love any more advice

Deleted
    If you want an easier time getting gear, then go for Resto as you're already using similar gear as Balance. I went for both! :-) I'm Feral Tank with Resto dual spec! :P Balance was tempting but I have atendency to get bored with DPS classes very very quickly! :P

I am also an MS Balance Druid who has used both specs (feral tank/resto) as offspecs in Wrath of Lich King, and have seen the dramatic changes for both specs. Really, I think tanking got nerfed the hardest (AoE threat, then the Mastery), but now somehow seems pretty balanced at 80. I can say I'm very excited to see what it's like at 85.

Resto is still fun, even without Tree of Life as a permanent form. All HoTs now benefit from haste, and may crit. Rejuv blanketing just isn't as effective as it used to be with raid healing, though is still viable if you have a lot of mana and high regen at 80. Our other strongest AoE spell, Wild Growth, increased to a 10 sec cooldown instead of its 6sec CD in Wrath, so it's not quite as spammable any more. Efflorescence just got nerfed by 50%, so that sucks. I don't know, I'm somehow just a little less excited about this for some reason.

TL;DR-- I think I'll prefer Bear at Cataclysm 85, but I'm not sure. Will have to play to find out.
    Really it boils down to personal preference. I would say play them both at 85 and find out.

Deleted
    Kk thanks owlbare think I might just do that. Btw you're name kind of says what you're spec is.

Keep the opinions coming guys. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I was asking myself this same question the other week. I too have a MS Boomkin (an alt but I love her no less than my main), and I am looking to gear up a second spec.

I've since decided on going to gear feral, since gearing isn't an issue and my main is a healer (a holy priest to be exact) and the styles seem somewhat similar. Plus I've never tried tanking before and I think it'll be a blast ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like yummy tree heals, as apposed to tanking next to smelly bears

In all honesty, you should spec towards your preference, and guild needs. Everyone else's opinion means nothing, if you aren't happy.

Deleted
    Yeah that's what I think also but I would like to know other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Euzan View Post
    Now that cataclysm is coming out very soon I've decided to rethink my secondary spec.

Currently I am a balance main spec and am not planning on changing this. My secondary spec is restoration. I currently love ranged DPS and like tanking and healing equally. Although I obviously know that it is mainly down to personal opinion but I would really appreciate some advice from experts in the zone. Are trees going to be good for cata and same with bears for tanking. (Btw I think I'd rather go bear over cat in case you were wondering). Do they have good, fun rotations? I ain't wanting to to play an arcane mage version of a tank or a healer :P (No offence.) What glyphs should I go? Any advice on anything to do with the specs would be very much appreciated.

The poll is just for which one you prefer, not which one you think I should go.

Thanks Euzian.
    Tanking is really hard dude. You have to be a certain player to be a tank. Mind you I would love if you did because the more tanks the better. If youre very situational, go tank I would love it.

I love healing, I tried tanking, not for me dude. I love having your life in my hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Restoration is the one I like.

Also healers are always more desired for raids then tanks, and boomkin gear can easily be Resto gear and visa versa.

Boomkin/Resto is my dual spec, for a couple of reasons. I greatly prefer healing to tanking, and of the tanks bears are my least favorite. Nothing against them, it just isn't a spec for me.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahon View Post
    Restoration is the one I like.

Also healers are always more desired for raids then tanks, and boomkin gear can easily be Resto gear and visa versa.
    Healers are only more desired than Tanks because most people won't start a raid without a Tank.

Being a Tank is the one role that consistent raiders can't really be offspec for. Except for Druids.

Deleted
    Same question for me ! its hard to say witch one is the best , always depends what u like and how u like. I will go bear for cata because is easy to just solo anything, u can get to dungeuns pretty quick and if someone from other faction try to be fanny with u, u can just kick his ass easy
    Last edited by mmoc55871a45ae; 2010-11-13 at 08:13 AM.