Proffesion Leveling in Cataclysm.

Will leveling proffesions in the beginning of Cataclysm be cheaper then now, or more expansive? (Taking in mind the benefit of gaining 2+ skill levels per craft as a pro, and everyone leveling will raise the demand for required materials.)

it is most likely going to be really soddin' expensive, like 5000% higher prize.. I recall seeing 1k for a stack of infinite dust and enchanters paying others a fee of 100g for lettin' them craft for em with their own mats, as long as it was green.

soo yeah expensive it is gna be, though later on it's going to become a lot easier seeing as you can craft your own gear and get a ton of skill points for it.. but really I wouldn't count on getting what ever proff you have up too fast.. that is unless you have one of the gathering

Alright then, I'll do it before Cataclysm launches then =)

Deleted
    (they are called professions not proffesions)

Blacksmithing currently uses Folded Obsidum as a material and Folded Obsidium can be learned at 425 and it give skillups all the way up to 455.

Alchemy requires one stack of cinderbloom to reach 450 from 425, Cinderbloom can be found in 4 zones out of 5.

Engineering uses Bolts and Electrified Ether for the 450+ recipes so you will have to make them anyway. Both of these recipes can be learned at 425 and give skillups up to 455.

Tailors make Bolt of Embersilk Cloth between 425-450.

My main is changing one of her professions to engineering and I have assembled all of the materials needed from the guides and so I was wondering if I wait for cataclysm will I benefit from the boosted levelling of professions straight from the start or will it just be in the 450-525 range? It would be nice to have some mats left over rather than using them all.

If you got no gathering professions, I would level up to max now while you still can. WotLK mats will possibly skyrocket the further you get into cataclysm due to lack of people farming them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should start buying up the materials now while they're cheap. Whether you'll want to level the profession as soon as you have all the mats, or wait for Cataclysm to hit and possibly save some of it, depends on what you really want to be doing at launch day! Time is money, my friend.

You should either level it now (or atleast buy the mats and bank them) or wait 2+ months into cata, I guess that once we reach that part of cata prices on trade goods will be way lower than they currently are.

(Also, a speculation of mine is that once cata drops everyone will be dumping all their wotlk stuff in the AH, flooding the market and getting the prices way low)
    Hope it helps!