Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Which professions for druid?

Which professions would you recommend for my new (troll) druid and why?

I was thinking about skinning/LW, but I've had that before on another char and it doesn't sound very interesting to me.
    Are there any new/cool changes to them for Cataclysm that I don't know of yet?

Btw, skinning was left out on the gathering professions that will give experience in Cataclysm right? That's sad.

Also, I'm planning on going restoration spec mostly with a feral (dps) offspec.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Which professions would you recommend for my new (troll) druid and why?

I was thinking about skinning/LW, but I've had that before on another char and it doesn't sound very interesting to me.
    Are there any new/cool changes to them for Cataclysm that I don't know of yet?

Btw, skinning was left out on the gathering professions that will give experience in Cataclysm right? That's sad.

Also, I'm planning on going restoration spec mostly with a feral (dps) offspec.

Thanks in advance.

Leatherworking/skinning til maxxed, drop skinning for tailoring.

SP, AP, and stam bonuses from lw, tailoring gives you sp, ap, and mana procs on cloak. Its win.

Personally i'd go with Mining and Engineering, the changes to Engineering sound really really good as well as fun (The head slot cogs ontop of all the other Engineer only enchants) as well as having the mounts and Jeeves... Mining will of course get you to 85 without spending much as all. At 85 i'd half consider going JC and Engineering if you have the resources.

I was Skinning and LW for about 2 years and never made a copper from either, i don't see anything changing in Cata. Skinning really needs some sort of attention though because its nigh on useless
    Last edited by Richmond; 2010-11-11 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Typo

It all depends on what you want to do.
    Increase your raid utility? I would say Alchemy (and probably Herbalism to go with it)
    Increase Healing output? I'm 99% sure that Jewelcrafting is still the stat maxer atm. Inscription/Enchanting are close seconds to that.

Note that this is just from what I have seen/researched. Watch though, the next poster will prove me completely wrong. =P

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the information so far.

I think I might go skinning/LW and just drop skinning later for another profession.
    Though, herb/alch also sounds nice as well as jewelcrafting. (I never had jewelcrafting before on any toon)

Jewelcrafting goes well with mining right?

I've got about 8 alts with different mixed professions for different classes. For my druid I finally ended up with an Herb/Alchemy combination and it's just perfect. The class was made for those professions. You can pick herbs while in Flight Form and fly right off to the next herb! No need to dismount and remount like other classes. The Alchemy stuff in Cata looks great, and the three different trinkets are great for the different druid roles.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...e-Posts-Comics

Flask of the North is super easy to maintain now that they always choose your highest stat. They both last for an hour.

#showtooltip
    /cast Mark of the Wild
    /use Flask of the North

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I've got about 8 alts with different mixed professions for different classes. For my druid I finally ended up with an Herb/Alchemy combination and it's just perfect. The class was made for those professions. You can pick herbs while in Flight Form and fly right off to the next herb! No need to dismount and remount like other classes. The Alchemy stuff in Cata looks great, and the three different trinkets are great for the different druid roles.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...e-Posts-Comics

Flask of the North is super easy to maintain now that they always choose your highest stat. They both last for an hour.
    Thanks, I'm leaning towards herb/alch now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy and Enchanting.

Sadly, Alchemy wont give your Bear stamina Via Flask of the North (Mixology will however give you Stamina when flasking as a bear), but it will give your Tree and Failkin 80 int (same as any other proff bonus) and your Bear and Cat 80 Agility. This also means 2 Hour flasks! (gg gold saver) and Transmute mastery procs 24hour cd 1-5 procs = easy gold.

Alchemy will give Int, Stam or Agil as needed by spec. In addition, being able to chant and disenchant your gear will see you with a steady supply of mats.

I have 4 enchanters and 3 alchemists (all transmute) on my current server.

A gathering profession is only good if you're willing to use it. I never needed to, so I never did... so I got rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Thanks for the information so far.

I think I might go skinning/LW and just drop skinning later for another profession.
    Though, herb/alch also sounds nice as well as jewelcrafting. (I never had jewelcrafting before on any toon)

Jewelcrafting goes well with mining right?
    I'd go with JC if you don't have one - or eng. eng will always be the most "fun" profession, and if you're not hurting for gold (like me ^^) it makes it always a good choice. not to mention the eng enchants now stack with regular enchants, so you're not at a weird "trade off" decision like before.

otherwise, JC is good for money, and it's very convenient and saves you lots of gold to cut your own gems...can make lots of money off it too if you put some time into it with the right AH mods
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    This also means 2 Hour flasks! (gg gold saver) and Transmute mastery procs 24hour cd 1-5 procs = easy gold.
    And how many proc's do you get?

I used to have a alt with Transmute mastery as well, never got any proc...

So imho, you'd better be flask mastery (?), ever since the potion CD in combat...
    -Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken! Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!

-Now, all can see this is the hour of the Forsaken.

I just doing LW/JC for tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    herbalism. can pick herbs in flight form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EviLolita View Post
    herbalism. can pick herbs in flight form.
    I feel honoured for having your first post in my thread. :P

I think I'll be going herb/alch, but I might go mining/jw.

Currently, looking at level 85 in Cataclysm with maximum level professions Leatherworking has a significant advantage in enhancements over every other profession. Leatherworking also provides you with the ability to craft excellent beginning raid level PvE gear as well as reasonable PvP gear.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85008/d...sment-agility/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85010/d...ent-intellect/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85007/d...sment-stamina/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85009/d...ment-strength/

On the other hand, if you want to make significant amounts of gold then Herbalism and Mining are excellent professions as are Enchanting and Jewelcrafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    In cata they are going to be trying to equalize all the professions so people wont be changing just for the personal buffs. Professions are changing a ton on Beta, don't judge off anything you see now.

Besides that, certain ones will have better fun things and certain ones will make more money. Judge off that, not what you think will be best for your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    Leatherworking also provides you with the ability to craft excellent beginning raid level PvE gear as well as reasonable PvP gear.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/85008/d...sment-agility/
    It wont have significant advantages. The bonus will be in line with all the other professions. Bracers can already be enchanted. So while a normal player can get 50 agility to their bracers, you can get 50 (chant) + 80 (profession bonus). Same as I get 80 agility from my alchemy profession, or 80 agility from enchanting my own rings.

This is the current system in Wrath. 40stam chant to bracers. LWs get 100 stam, 40 (chant) +60 (profession bonus). Same as me putting two 30stam chants on my rings.

Blizz is not going to make one profession clearly superior. They are perks, not raid-must-haves.

I got Alch+Herb myself.. sometimes I'm lazy about herbing, but I still somehow always have a good enough supply for any of my needs... and I love the new change to lifeblood, pop it with enrage on pull as bear tank & RAWRSMASHTEARSHREDRENDSMASHROAR.. err.. I mean, ye, great for upfront aggro.

Cow druid with master flying makes herbing ridiculous. 0.5sec herbing & instantly charge off to next node while ignoring the mobs hitting me? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    It wont have significant advantages. The bonus will be in line with all the other professions. Bracers can already be enchanted. So while a normal player can get 50 agility to their bracers, you can get 50 (chant) + 80 (profession bonus). Same as I get 80 agility from my alchemy profession, or 80 agility from enchanting my own rings.

This is the current system in Wrath. 40stam chant to bracers. LWs get 100 stam, 40 (chant) +60 (profession bonus). Same as me putting two 30stam chants on my rings.

Blizz is not going to make one profession clearly superior. They are perks, not raid-must-haves.
    There is no Agility bracers enchantment yet, The only things found in Beta is the profession perks.

Deleted
    LW and Skin, but I'll keep Skinning so I can always get mats when I need them for making stuff for guild or selling on. I don't see the point of dropping Skin for anything else because you'll only have to powerlevel it up which will cost loads, unless you've been lucky enough to have saved hundreds of cloth since Level 1 in your bank.

asd currently i am on herbalism and engineering for the haste buff on both professions
    Probably at 85 i ll switch herbalism with Jwc or alchemy
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD