Spec for fast leveling from 80-85?

(If this question has been answered in another recent thread, please point me in the direction)

This question goes out to all power-leveling locks on beta. What specc will be the most viable for getting fast from 80-85?

An answer to the general lvling-lock would be nice.

An answer to the non-general lock who will bring lots of pots, enchants and buffs and wants to be realm-first would also be nice.

Is chain-doting mobs with affliction still possible with the health and damage of the mob? If not, is there a spec that lets the lock take down 4-6 mobs at a time and come out with 80%+ health?
    Will grinding mobs with/with out a pocket healer be viable to get to 85 first, over questing? (is there a place with such a respawn-rate?)

Thnx.

I'm not sure where the post is about this topic but many beta testers said having 2+ mobs on you is dangerous. That kinda throws the chain-dotting technique out the window. I, personally, will be power leveling as Destro. With Aftermath and shadowfury the mob shouldn't even reach you if you're taking one at a time.

Also, with the amount of burst from Destro the mobs should go down quickly regardless of their buffed health pools. Soul Leech seems like it will be beneficial since shadowburn will be used on nearly every mob as well as CB. Instant cast Soul Fires will also proc soul leech. I'm not in the beta but this was what I gathered from a post similar to this one.

Oh and as far as pots, flask etc. I will have 2 stacks of frost wyrm flasks, a few stacks of health/mana potions, and couple stacks of buff food. I'll have plenty of enchanting materials and intellect, int/hit gems as well.

edit: link http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=cata+leveling
    Last edited by gerni; 2010-11-11 at 07:18 PM. Reason: made easier to read

My searching-skills in forums are not very good i guess=) thnx, will read it now.

2 mobs is dangerous? I know its not the same, but I just ran UK normal for the experience of how hard the mob hits and the hp-pool of the mob, and as demo I cleared it a bit faster than a grp of 72's. No downtime except to get soulshards back every so often. If the cata-mobs are anything similar, I think im running a demobuild with perhaps affliction as second tree, and with affliction offspec. Or even a demo mainbuild with a resetted secondary spec.

My mind thought of destro, but I dont think i will succumb to one mob at a time.

As far as pots, flasks etc goes, I'm spending more gold than I want to=P

Edit; Also, personally I'm mostly looking for general knowledge on different specs in beta. And how they turn out while lvling. I will probably run with my own spec at the start anyways, and have a backup spec thats reccomended by beta-players.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2010-11-11 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    I am gonna bump this post, I think its pretty decent.

I have played with the ideas of multidotting or going demonology...
    You thought of a spec? use wowhead and show us! :-D

i have demo and destro both as spec so will just try both while questing and see what works best at that moment. i guess demo will be nice in thougher fights (when going solo) and destro would be nice if you want to burn down stuff quickly.

I can definitely recommend destruction. Affliction simply takes too much time and with the nerf to corruption healing it is simply not worth it anymore.
    I am not aware of demonology but I could imagine it would be quite nice aswell, especially on 1 quest in Uldum that is really hard to solo

http://wowtal.com/#k=H3cgiWS.a8t.warlock.qX7bXo

This is what I will start off with seeing how things are looking now. Bare in mind I'm not on the beta, so this is just something I made from my UK normal run (can anyone on beta try to go into UK normal as lvl 80 and compare it to the mobs in Hyjal/deepholm? If it's nothing similar, are there any instances where we can "practice"?), and some tests on the dummies. My general idea will be to cast immolate, corruption and bane of agony on two targets, and have the felguard peel off some hp on one and me casting incinerates on the other. The talentpoints I get along the way will be put into bane and doom and gloom.

I'm not certain at all about my secondary spec. In the link gerni posted there was some warlock that tried out affliction at 83, and said it was good again, because of the amount of mastery obtainable when you reach that level. Can anyone confirm this, will chainpulling be viable with lots of mastery and stamina(and i mean stacking like in mastery > stamina > ................................................> intellect etc)?

As I said in another post, going with destruction and only doing one mob at a time will probably eat me up inside, but i hear of lots of locks lvling as destruction. Do we really have to do just 1 or 2 mobs a time, 3 at most?

I'd say demo is a nice all-round spec to level as. It has good soloing ability so I see no reason why I would respec to something else for levelling.

I'm confused why you're going into normal UK.. Why do you think those mobs will be similar to Cata mobs? You may be right - I just don't see it..

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 11:03 AM ----------

As far as spec, though, definitely Demo or Destro -- Destro could be a little better if questing really is 1 mob at a time, but if it's any more than that, the felguard could be great.

My lock will be leveling as demo. After doing the ICC dailys for the last few weeks I am in love with the massive amount of AoE he can put out.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyb View Post
    I'm confused why you're going into normal UK.. Why do you think those mobs will be similar to Cata mobs? You may be right - I just don't see it...
    I'm basically just making the assumption that the mobs in UK has the same amount of hp and hits as hard as the mobs in late hyjal/early deepholm. Since I have just a very general idea of how the mobs in cataclysm are, and have no way of testing them out, I am looking for something to compare to the mobs in cataclysm, mainly thinking of how hard they hit and how much hp they have(to see how long it will take to burn them down). Let's say they are similar to the UK mobs, then I would know 3 mobs are possible to take down at once without loosing to much hp, and that I in metamorphosis can take on 8+ mobs and aoe them down easily. Basically I just try to map out how to approach different situations and quests.

Unless a given piece of information is wrong, all information is usefull information.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2010-11-17 at 04:25 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Judging from levelling on the beta aoe will be pretty much out of the question because stuff will hit hard enough to kill you and selfhealing out the window. Seeing as Destro has the most burst I will go for that.

Looks like I will be going Destro for burst.

Afflic: if you like multi dotting, however this will be more like take mob down to 50% then start on 2nd mob etc etc with nearly no downtime
    Destro: Overall prolly the fastest, nearly no downtime with the new soul shard system and self healing
    Also the Slows and stun and shadowburn will be pretty good for speed. and your imp does quite abit of dmg
    Demo: i would suggest taking this as offspec for elites & group quests. Or when you just feel like ur stuck on a certain spot and would like a pocket tank.

My choice: Destro with demo offspec

Deleted
    Destro as mainspec and demo will be my offspec to solo stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    Affliction the whole way with Demo soloing spec. I just play Affliction better than anything else when I'm soloing. Too many years of tab dotting makes it hard to kill easy mobs any other way.

R.I.P. YARG

I tried Demo and Afflic on beta. Mainly swapped between the 2 to test during Deepholm. Can't beat Demo. Felstorm, Metamorph, Immo aura, Hand of Gul'dan with AoF...its gg. I took on 3-4 mobs with a premade geared lock, was taking 2-3 regularly without any downtime at all.