Macro for targeting party members

Hello everyone, i wanna know if there is a possibility to make a macro that when u press a key it will target party member 1, then if i press the same key will pass to party member 2 and so on.

Someone who is expert in macros please help me

[]'s

10+ Year Old Account
    F1, F2, F3, F4, F5.

That's what I do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmzin View Post
    Hello everyone, i wanna know if there is a possibility to make a macro that when u press a key it will target party member 1, then if i press the same key will pass to party member 2 and so on.

[]'s
    Macros cannot decide based on who your target is.

Someone told me that there is an addon for that.

tabparty is called

description:
    A very simple addon that allows you to bind a key to cycle your target through party members.

=)

thats what i was loking for.

Someone told me that there is an addon for that.

tabparty is called

description:
    A very simple addon that allows you to bind a key to cycle your target through party members.

=)

thats what i was loking for.
    Addons can do things that macros cannot.

Deleted
    Actually I'm very intrigued by how this would work. I'll have to take a look at what the addon does.

why make a macro, when there is already a shortkey?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Konrad, they're talking about using a single button to cycle through all party/raid members - as in, hit F1 once for Party1, twice for Party2, thrice for Party3, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa View Post
    Addons can do things that macros cannot.
    Macros can do most stuff as well just limited by the 255 chars and cant do stuff like saving variables or do stuff on load, but beside that the /run command just execute code like it would be written in a lua file.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can use /targetparty like tab targetting. It'll just target party members instead. I think it's defaulted to control-tab already. It won't do the exact order, but it's a possible alternative.

[]'s

You can rebind shift+tab (party cycle) to tab.
    You could use f1f2f3 etc.
    You could find an addon that would simplify this for you.
    -BUT-
    Pressing anything to cycle through friendly targets is greatly reducing the amount of time spent actually healing/taunting/brezing etc.
    I suggest using a raid frame and mouse-over macros...
    ^ This one change to my play style made me infinitely better at every role in the game.
    The macros are easy to write, easy to use, and greatly increase reaction times for heals/taunts/rez's etc
    However they do require you to have your abilities keybound, which every good player should already do.