Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah, unfortunately Word of Glory is enough to outheal my fucking damage.

If cata is like tbc, then I guess the combo points are fine. But in a ridiculous environment like wotlk building up combo points was one of the MAJOR drawbacks of rogues and responsible for the class being very badly represented in arenas for almost the entire expansion
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

It would be cool if you could use combo points to gain energy. o.0

Redirect is amazing, from what i can tell it will be up every time we want it to be. You've got to remember heroics apparently aren't going to be the zergfest they are now so you will have more opportunities to use it. When it isn't up just play smart, dont swap targets when its dead do it after an envenom so you can start building dp stacks faster, i dont see target swapping as a big deal for the other two specs refreshing snd never hurts.

For pvp it wouldn't be overpowered at all, kidney has a cd it's not spammable, also (assuming what the cp system the op is suggesting) if you're just mindlessly swapping targets and using ks I doubt you're really setting up kills. You will notice once arena starts teams will setup for a kill and redirect will be there for them to do it flawlessly, they wont be sitting there going oh I wish redirect was up.

I look forward to some of the stupid control its going to create.

Edit - would be mad if it swapped dots also, similar to locks soul swap.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2010-11-15 at 05:01 AM.

I think that rogues were meant to be a single target powerhouse in a world where single target was necessary. In today's world single target isn't king and many encounters have multiple targets that will need frequent dpsing. It is inconvenient to swap as a rogue as much as needed but with redirect it should be much easier. A minute isn't very long and very rarely will a rogue have to swap so much that he can't just make do with a little preemptive slice and dice refreshing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenakedninja View Post
    That's just what rogues need... better yet why not just have the game autoplay your toon for you as well since that's practically where the class is going.
    I can't really speak for assassination, but combat rogues in TBC and before were much easier to play than now, like much much

Holy power, is filling the paladin with light, makes no sense to be target specific.

Combo points, build a consecutive number of hits on one target, makes sense to be target specific.

I could imagine the over balancing of someone smashing down on one target, and swapping to someone they have touched yet for a full 5 point combo.

Also, I play both a Rogue and a Paladin, and can say if it takes you aslong as a rogue to stack 5 deadly poisons, as it does for a pally to stack 5 censures.

you are doing it wrong.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way rogues are, it's not a faceroll class and thats the way i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Also, I play both a Rogue and a Paladin, and can say if it takes you aslong as a rogue to stack 5 deadly poisons, as it does for a pally to stack 5 censures.

you are doing it wrong.
    Math is math. People have already posted specifics on it. No amount of skill improves wow's math.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Math is math. People have already posted specifics on it. No amount of skill improves wow's math.
    if you are talking about RNG, there are things skillful people can do to increase the chance of RNG.

i see rogues that switch target and take 15 secs to get deadly poisons to max stacks, and i laugh.

for if you change target shiv once apply a poison, use a 2-5 (easy to get 3 combo points from 1 mutilate crit) combo point envenom, the envenom debuff basically guarantees that you'll get back to 5 deadly poisons within the next 2-3 seconds.

where as pallies do not have such a talent that increase our rate of censure application, maybe blizzard should add one that makes cenure apply twice, like a pseudo-glyph of sunder armor.

so yes, skill does improve how people do things.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2010-11-15 at 06:49 AM.

Shiv is more useful in pvp for spamming crippling than it is in pve because it has a high cost low reward. Your damage is going to suffer more due to energy starvation than if you let your auto attacks and/or other application abilities apply the poison. Some rogues (especially assassination) are more hurt by the loss of DP than a paladin is censure. An assassination rogues damage is based 40-50% on there being a full stack of DP on the target. A paladin will only have about 20% of their damage associated to SoT and all its components depending on the fight.

As far as combo points and what target they should go on, having them on the player will solve a lot of current issues. It will boost their current lacking DPS across all specs on high target switching fights. More will need to be done to boost their DPS on single target fights. It will help them on fights with disappearing multi targets which take away useful CPs that can be used to keep snd or recoup up. Blizzard said themselves they wanted cata to be a "bring the player not the class" type deal which is why they gave more classes more raid buffs (eg mages and BM hunters get lust/heroism). Easily can a rogue be asked to sit out on a high switching fight because they cant perform as well as other classes. This goes against blizzards aforementioned philosophy for cata. The only argument against this change is against kidney shot in a pvp environment. The cooldown on KS and the fact you still lose all your points and would have to build them back up on the current target means the impact of this CP system isn't really going to hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Holy power, is filling the paladin with light, makes no sense to be target specific.

Combo points, build a consecutive number of hits on one target, makes sense to be target specific.

I could imagine the over balancing of someone smashing down on one target, and swapping to someone they have touched yet for a full 5 point combo.

you are doing it wrong.
    because wearing a pink robe increases my intelligence irl... wait, no that's not right.
    Don't argue with logic. It doesn't work

Well, I can deal with being a focus-fire DPSer, but my main problem is when Blizzard decides to throw in encounters requiring rogues to be switching often, which right now does not have such a negative impact with other classes.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

No the main problem arises when other classes pull ahead of us, even though they have passive cleave. Yes I jelly fury warriors, fire mages

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    No the main problem arises when other classes pull ahead of us, even though they have passive cleave. Yes I jelly fury warriors, fire mages
    Warriors don't have passive cleave anymore. I think it's down to Fire Mages, Demonology Warlocks, and possibly Survival Hunters under select conditions.

Edit: and Ret Paladins under some situations.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2010-11-15 at 08:07 PM.

I mainly meant pre 4.0. I haven't played 4.0 much at simply because it's just that retarded at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    because wearing a pink robe increases my intelligence irl... wait, no that's not right.
    Don't argue with logic. It doesn't work
    hurr fucking durr.

It's not just logic, its the way the characters play.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2010-11-16 at 02:54 AM.

Yeah, and paladins just got better combo points.

redirect now also takes with the combat debuff on the target, why not also take the poison over, while the old target still has the poison on, like copying over, would help target switching in pve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I was using kidney shot as an example, the other finishers apply as well. However, yes a 6 second stun on a 20 second cool down used on any target you like at random is overpowered.
    Not really ontopic, but ... deep freeze. atleast rogues have to be in melee range.