LastLast

TBC Zones in Azeroth.

Im wondering if these are flyable? Places like:
    Quel'danas
    Ghostlands
    Eversong Woods
    Azuremyst Isle
    Bloodmyst Isle

Im just curious with this, and im not in beta so cant test it by myself.

good question,i know they didn't get any update,but i hope they are flyable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mASTAW- View Post
    Yes, you will be able to fly everywhere as far as i know.
    I'm sure this isn't right. The last thing that I heard was that these zones wouldn't be flyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrparkersdogbite View Post
    I'm sure this isn't right. The last thing that I heard was that these zones wouldn't be flyable.
    I also heard this^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiisith View Post
    OJ Simpson use to play before he was locked up. He played a dagger spec Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Thrall kills Dumbledore
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    GENN FUCKING GREYMANE
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Was it longer than your average cloak or cape?

Deleted
    Last time I checked on my beta account, these zones were non-flyable.

you can use a flying mount just you cant fly, it really sucks , i can understand the draenei zone since they are off on islands which makes it easier to "explain" or understand, but quel thalas is like having only wetlands and loch modan a no fly zone its off putting and anoying.

aw:<

i would have loved to see SMC/eversong from above.
    realy good looking zones

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They updated the intro for the TBC races so I don't see why they wouldn't make those TBC zones flyable aswell.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I was wondering the same thing, since they technically ARE in Azeroth.

the reason those zones aren't flyable is the same reason old azeroth wasn't flyable. they'd need to redo thezones to give camera perspectives you see when you look down while flying... the had to remake the level 1-60 zones because of this. that means unless they remake the TBC zones as well, you won't be able to fly in them... this was the reason they didn't just "allow" flying in 1-60 azeroth. its not just checking the flying box, you need to recreate the whole zones and camera angles.

Quote Originally Posted by G4NK3D View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, since they technically ARE in Azeroth.
    Lore wise yes, game wise no. Also, making SMC flyable would need a whole redo of the city since the unseen parts are just large empty spaces and they did not announce a redo for it like they did for UC.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hm that suck... i'm wondering what will happen if you are just flying into the zone? just that dalaran style shit? that's crazy...
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

on the ptr i made a horde druid for the glitch where they could flightform into portal etc. but yes Silvermoon is VERY glitchy. found so many broken places when i flew around there >.<
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    hm that suck... i'm wondering what will happen if you are just flying into the zone? just that dalaran style shit? that's crazy...
    You can't fly into them period. You need to go through the portal to get to eversong and you arent able to fly to azuremyst

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    portal, sure... forgot about it
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Quote Originally Posted by samladin View Post
    Im wondering if these are flyable? Places like:
    Quel'danas
    Ghostlands
    Eversong Woods
    Azuremyst Isle
    Bloodmyst Isle

Im just curious with this, and im not in beta so cant test it by myself.
    The reason they will not be flyable zones is they're Instanced, meaning they're on an separate instance server.

When outland gets it update im sure these zone will too, maybe places like silvermoon and quel thalas will soonner, since all they have to do is redo the city, which im sure they are waiting untill they can do something crazy with the blood elf lore with so the city can change too, and then the zone i suppose just better tetured trees since they look like carbord cutouts from above.

I hope u can fly to northrend;

Blizzard should just find a way to make the place flyable, new tree textures wouldnt take long and as for the city, let it get hit by the cataclysm- tidal wave/earthquake to make the place fall and change it into a runied town.

What I don't get is why isn't Quel'danas flyable in the first place. It's a lvl 70 area and part of the TBC content. So why no fly fly?