New raid markers. Graphical overkill?

Duno about these i'm kind of split. Great tool for marking spots but it's going to be hell on fps with all that glowing.

Personally i like the idea, especially for teaching new ppl or pugs how to do something, but i would of prefered just the symbol on the ground w/o all the glowing.

edited:

Incoming addons auto placing them ala old banned virtual mod.

example: mod will place the new marker on someone yelling shadowtrap on me. (may not be possible) (they move but it stays)

Lol...
    If you're worried that a simple glow effect will wreck your FPS, you should get a new computer. Preferably one that isn't from 1990...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Many people have computers more an capable of showing this. If yours can't, you already are on a graphics setting which won't display them

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of AVR, thinks that what it is called but more pretty

It's roughly the same as if you used an elune stone. they look pretty good though, and sometimes you just need a big marker. Not to mention ground based textures can get in the way of things with over laps and such.

It's not so much FPS drop, but the difficulty in telling 'what the fuck' is actually going on with graphics of spells both from players and bosses always on the uprise.

It's prob not goign to be overkill for my pc but i can see it becoming more of a nuisance. Then again i raid with 4-5 other fury warriros in same raid with shadowmournes.

Try raiding with 5 shadowmournes humping HLK's leg all stacked up to 5-8 stack with dk's defile + all the spell graphics you would probably see why i'd be more happy to just see the icon on the ground instead.

even more of a pain in the ass on heroic PP when one of the melee clump gets it and doesn't move out or moves back in with it because he thought he/she handed it off.