Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    How do you think you are going to 1 shot someone with AoE DPS?
    I one shot someone with 25k health last night Big Sting!

dear god, you are such an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer
    I normally pull 12kish on a boss(some times higher, sometimes lower) but then in pvp see that dps drops down to like 3-5k.
    Jeez, how about you just leave the ICC 30% buff alone?

And AoE dps on trash doesn't matter at all. Do some dps on dummies.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2010-11-12 at 09:56 PM.

Let's duel sometime. I wanna see how you plan to AoE dps to win.

Stop focusing on the mistake the OP made about the AoE DPS, he still have a point, in naxx we had 15-20k hp, top dps was 3-5k on the dummy, with ICC patch (pre 4.0.1) we got buffed to 25-30k almost double and our dps was 7-9k on the dummy.

So in Cata we are going to start with what 100k to 150k hp and with an average dps of 16-20k on the dummy (I need someone to confirm it tho, I believe i saw a hunter doing 16k with blues), taking wotlk as an example when we get to deathwing or whatever the pre 5.0 patch is, we'll probably have 300k hp and our dps will be 30-40k on the dummy.

Don't pay much attention on my numbers I am just guessing, JUST GET THE POINT of what I am trying to say.

In beta, most 10 man's i see (premade epics) are around 14-20k dps. If we take wotlk as a guide, we are doing 4x the damage we did in the starter epics. We could hit 50-70k at end of cataclysm. But i seriously doubt it. There was a serious inflation of damage in lich, which made the starter raids/instances a joke. And i don't think they will let it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelden View Post
    Let's duel sometime. I wanna see how you plan to AoE dps to win.
    I'm starting to think that MMO is full of ppl who wanna just rage at anything.

I said I predict Dps will reach 100k by the end of Cataclysm. Never in there did I say that anything about single targeting. For ppl to take that and rage that its not Single target, just proves how some of you believe you are elitist. I enjoy my game I play, I think its cool to that much damage if its on one target or many. If you dont like it, then thats fine, but remember I said its a prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    and the expansion that will follow it aswell. I know this, I've played since Vanilla and and I've seen how my health has gone from 6k-12k-36k
    I'm not sure how much it will be come Cata or at the end of Cata, but I know it will be extremely high. but for you to say I dont know this when I predict 150-200k hp, is laughable
    Lol 6k HP in vanilla? Were you some sort of god? 5k health in vanilla was extremely impressive for a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    During Blizzcon, they did the Paragon live raid thing. If i remember during the encounters there were people commentating on the fights, one of the guys was saying that at the time Paragon was pumping out about 250k DPS average (Whole raid, Full tier 11). So thats the best of the best players in the game doing roughly that much dmg. We can guessimate that average raids will pop about 210-220k dps. Divide that by your 17-18 dps. (210,000/17=12,400 Roughly. So for the first tier raid player will be pumping 12k dps (Single Target)

Now for the OP's answer he wants to know what the dps will be in 2-3 tiers of gear, so taking into account the gear inflation will not be as ridiculous as it was with Wrath (4 sets of gear for 1 raid- TOC). In Cata there will only be 2 Sets of Gear for each raid (Normal and Heroic, Same gear dropping for 10 and 25) and average ilevel increase of 13 per tier will add (I AM MASSIVELY GUESSING HERE) 1-2k dps add that to the 2 tiers of progression give us 16-18 k dps Single target- possibly no buffs.

Im theorycrafting here wildly, flame me if you want, i admit there is little to no proof, but im doing it for a bit of fun...By all means give it ago yourself, see what numbers you get.
    Last edited by Texar; 2010-11-12 at 10:14 PM.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNesMan View Post
    Lol 6k HP in vanilla? Were you some sort of god? 5k health in vanilla was extremely impressive for a tank.
    it was towards the end. I think I had full warlords gear like everyone else

I just hope one thing that when the 4.2 hits the live server they don't start giving away 4.1 tier to get catapulted to 4.2 content, would be nice if newcomers would actually have to pass through 4.1 content in order to get to 4.2 content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grassidas View Post
    There was a serious inflation of damage in lich, which made the starter raids/instances a joke. And i don't think they will let it happen again.
    IF they do what they did in wrath with this point system anything ear what they did with badges the only thing people are going to be concerned with is the current content and the older raids will die and the only reason to go in would be to get achievements you missed.

Your logic is so retardedly flawed i don't know where to start.

Short version: Your either A: Troll, B: Retarded or C: Both.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    I just hope one thing that when the 4.2 hits the live server they don't start giving away 4.1 tier to get catapulted to 4.2 content, would be nice if newcomers would actually have to pass through 4.1 content in order to get to 4.2 content.
    They won't. Blizz will pull a TOC, and make a 5 man that drops epics the same level as tier 11. Then when tier 13 drops they will make a 5 man that drops tier 12 equivalent.

They have stated this. It is to allow people who couldnt do tier 11 to gear up so they can do tier 12, and so on. Much like how toc 5 man allowed people who didnt do Ulduar to do toc, and how ICC 5 mans allowed people who couldnt do toc to be able to do ICC.

Also with the changes to Valor points. When tier 12 hits, anything that used to cost Valor points will cost justice points. Such as tier 11.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    They won't. Blizz will pull a TOC, and make a 5 man that drops epics the same level as tier 11. Then when tier 13 drops they will make a 5 man that drops tier 12 equivalent.

They have stated this. It is to allow people who couldnt do tier 11 to gear up so they can do tier 12, and so on. Much like how toc 5 man allowed people who didnt do Ulduar to do toc, and how ICC 5 mans allowed people who couldnt do toc to be able to do ICC.

Also with the changes to Valor points. When tier 12 hits, anything that used to cost Valor points will cost justice points. Such as tier 11.
    I know I have no choice but to deal with this but This always kind of kills the game for me. It's like, why even bother raiding if I can just get the gear when endgame comes out to do endgame. I personally don't believe endgame should be something you can hit 80 an jump into or that is should be so easily pugged regardless if the pugs fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Well, I guess, I will feel bad for newcomers they will miss a lot of good content, guess is time to forget about the GS and start asking for achievements and checking dates to see who are experienced and who isn't. NVM with the new gearscore you can see if someone have enough experience.
    Last edited by Belian; 2010-11-12 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    Your logic is flawed due to the 30% buff AND AoE damage on trash. Base your guesstimations on target dummy data next time.
    ^ this.

So, welfare epics returns even faster now. /Sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    You're citing trash DPS. If I pop all my combat cooldowns on whelps in sindy trash, I can do 3-4x the DPS that I would otherwise do, maybe more depending on how long they stay up. It's an invalid comparison to "one shotting" anything.

You're also, and this is perhaps the bigger flaw, looking back at Nax using an entirely new set of rules. Comparing class DPS at 80 now when it is using rules balanced for 85 is already to 80 a few weeks ago right before 4.0.1 is already invalid, regardless of accounting for the 30% buff or not. Comparing it back to nax, 3 tiers behind, and with a slew of additional mechanics changes inbetween is like saying the Brits would have won the Revolutionary War if they had harrier jets.

What you're really talking about is how we'd do after 5.0.x comes out for the NEXT expansion, since that's where we're at now. From a game mechanics perspective, we are already in the post-ICC era.
    This.
    Also, Kampfer, you're not taking into account a lot of things such as in PvE you can sit in one place on a boss and DPS it for a good solid period, running through your rotation. PvP is more reactive, where your uptime is constantly interrupted by CC, interrupts, snares, LoS, all sorts of factors. Yes, I'm explaining the basic concept of PvP compared to the PvE, because you don't seem to understand the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Deathwings health, to even make it posseble to kill him in a 25man raid every single person will need to do about 75k dps. Given that.. ofcourse, the current deathwing seen in the beta with 880mil hp will be the actual boss.