Poll: What game would you play if WoW would be shut down?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World of Othercraft

Greetings

The topic of this thread is a simple question - What MMO would you play if World of Warcraft would close its doors?

I believe this is a question that has been raised before, but personally never seen any dedicated forum threads for this topic.
    In the Poll I listed the games I heard the most often as an alternative option for WoW, but of course, there are lot more MMOs out there (click Other and share it with us in this Thread).

Note 1) - This is not a "WoW-Killer" discussion.
    Note 2) - Please only mention currently active, live games or a game which is at least in Beta phase. Theorycrafting of how good a not even finished game is is not fair.

Runescape.

Seriously

nothing till gw2 probabbly...

edit: or maybe gonna see how runescape changed in past two years :>

EVE-Online.

Or maybe I'd just quit MMOs/

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Should have posted this in off-topic->video-games
    There's an ongoing thread in this General Section named "What MMO did you play before WoW", so I thought it's fine here

I'd stick with Steam.

Kinda wanna check out TERA, looks bad ass

Aion: i like Corean grind fest and have mates playing

Guild Wars 2 and Firefall.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

I would have continued playing full time Diablo 2 waiting for the third

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always wanted to give EVE-online a try, but paying for 2 MMO's is to much So I'd probably go for that if the blizzard HQ blew up
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

would take a break until GW2, D3 or that star wars thingie

Warhammer online

EVE Online.

Deleted
    diablo 3 on pc
    gran turismo 5 on ps3

10+ Year Old Account
    Other : A console fps i like at that moment. But i wont play another mmo again(except something from blizz xD).

Vindictus =D

Haven't played it yet cause it's not available in Australia yet (DAMN YOU NEXON) but my friends tell me it's awesome.

And then probably d3 when it comes out.

Deleted
    LotRO, Guild Wars have I barely heard of, might be fun, and Diablo III, GIEF IT NAO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some steam games, but to satisfy my ongoing rpg style needs sadlly Id go back to playing maplestory. yuckkk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovician View Post
    Vindictus =D
    It is good yes, but it is insanely repetitive, and its not a game you can "main" as some would call it, because of the way it works, unless you throwdown real money for their platinum tokens, or play multiple characters.

The game works on a token system, which reset 3 times a week here in the NA version at least, and that gives you a limited amount of time to play because going on missions and such take tokens, and their cost increases the more you do in one day. So if you spread it out youll ultimately get more play time, but not at all at once. maybe an hour or 2 a day, if that.
    Last edited by Imhullu; 2010-11-13 at 12:24 PM.