10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-the-last-year

Japan in charge of half good taste and half shit taste.

It depresses me how many times SnK is on the list, at least SAO has been mainly dropped off of it cause of a majority of fan's short attention span (in a few months SnK would probably not even be on the list). Happy Psycho-Pass is 3rd on Direction, 3rd on Screen Play with Urobuchi (aww ye), and I knew Love Live would win Character Design.

Sad that Gargantia is third on Mech Design, and I don't know how the hell Majestic Prince won so many awards. Interesting that Steins;Gate movie got first on Motion Picture which makes me happy, and the best thing is probably Gargantia's Chamber winning best Mascot character over Monobear. For female characters of course Mikasa is up top, but happy with Kurisu, Akane, Homura, and Misaka being on there. Can't believe Okabe got first on Male characters, my heart, and happy that Kirito is so low down with Eren, below Araragi, Jojo, and Kogami.

Can't believe Wit Studio got top studio when their only notable animation (out of two shows) is SnK. ufotable should be first. For AotY I'm happy with Psycho-Pass, Gargantia, and McDonalds and laugh that SAO has dropped so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-the-last-year

Japan in charge of half good taste and half shit taste.
    Really surprised MJP ranked so high. I'm thought it didn't sell well. Also kinda disappointing to see zero recognition for SSY, but it isn't surprising seeing as I know that it had poor sales.

Voice Actor
    1. Tomokazu Sugita

very deserving

+10000000000000x

Deleted
    Ore no sensuikan ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai! ep2: Nice fighting there. Also, nice yamato cannon there, Iona. I just wish we'd get some backstory, as to how Iona got the rest of her crew =/
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2013-10-15 at 09:58 AM.

i wouldnt be suprised if there will be a How did we get here episode. but yeh most of them where in the same school as the MC and probably his friends? or top of their grade or sumthing

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    True, but since he ran off (or rather: eloped) with what the government says is their property (even though Iona would disagree), he can't just recruit them like that. I'd like a "how did we get there" episode, it might put some life into the crew. Because right now, Katao (for example) has more character than Iona's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    True, but since he ran off (or rather: eloped) with what the government says is their property (even though Iona would disagree), he can't just recruit them like that. I'd like a "how did we get there" episode, it might put some life into the crew. Because right now, Katao (for example) has more character than Iona's crew.
    I think I remember at least a few of the crew members have some of their backstory revealed later in the manga. I read it in a hurry though, so I don't remember everything.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    uuwrrrrryyy

Tokyo Ravens Ep 2 - They just had to go and kill best girl. I can see why they did it, but I still do not approve lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Tokyo Ravens Ep 2 - They just had to go and kill best girl. I can see why they did it, but I still do not approve lol.
    just let me say u will find a new best girl soon should happen in ep 3 or 4 ^^

BlazBlue anime is kinda strange hope it picks up soon cant decide if its worth my time or not yet ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    This actually made me look up on spoilers because I refuse to accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outbreak Company - Episode of pausing every 1.5 seconds to spot the references. So good.

BlazBlue - Couldn't do it, just couldn't. Dropped.

Galilei Donna - Smallest girl is adorable as shit. This show looks to be awesome.

Golden Time - I'm surprised a show like this is actually good. Poor MC-kun getting dragged everywhere. Those Tea club members are batshit insane.

LB - The entire team is Riki's harem, I've decided. Also fireworks are expensive as fuck, how'd they get so many and where are the teachers.

Strike The Blood - This episode made me realize. This show is an exact copy paste of Index/Railgun. It's so similar it hurts.

Unbreakable Machine-Doll - I heard the CGI in this was bad, but I've seen far worse. I'm really enjoying it so far and Dragon-bro is pretty great.

Tokyo Ravens - Only seen first episode so far but dat outfit.

Non Non - They actually introduced the guy! I thought he'd just be an ignored background gag character.

Nagi no - Her pretending she was still cursed and then begging to get re-cursed was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

This season in charge of adorable stuff.

Kyousougiga is still my favorite, but still have to watch Gingitsune.

Mirai Nikki - 6/10

After having finished the series I went back and read the spoilers from both Zaelsino and Caine and agreed with both. By the way, I've been watching a bunch of Zero Punctuation of late, so if I sound like an angry British national with a flair for hyperbole you know why.

The entire point of the show is Yuno. In fact, I actually thought that her name was "Mirai Nikki" until I saw the show; that's just how heavily marketed she is relative to anything else. The only other competitor for having a personality is Ninth, and I thought she was a train wreck of a character. She's a "terrorist" like other people are accountants, with absolutely no ideology to back it up (it must be lucrative though because she fields ordinance on the scale of a small country). Then they try to get us to like her after her initial debut of bombing a school full of children. But hey, she's willing to back Yukki at some point or another in the story so she can't be that bad.

In fact, this kind of seems to be the running theme of the series. Nobody is likable and everybody has the memory of a goldfish, Yukki being the prime example. Hey, remember how Kousaka held you down so Ninth could execute you? Or how about that time that Hinata controlled a mass of iron-jawed dogs to try and tear you limb from limb? And then there was that misunderstanding when your dad stabbed your mom to death, but then felt sorry and dragged his old telescope out so he could live out a delusion of stargazing with his family...while all alone in the middle of the day? Don't mind those little lapses, these are your friends and emotional support!

It drives home the point at the end where Deus says, "Yeah, we need to rethink this whole game of choosing a new god via moral-crushing gladiatorial combat." Well, at least this universe doesn't have the theodicy problem. How did you even select these people? A serial killer, a terrorist, and a five year old all make it on the list. Even Matron, who belongs in a Studio Ghibli film rather than here, is willing to use her orphans as a personal army. If the idea of the show was to leave you rooting for nobody to win, then I guess it was successful (and we see what a bang-up job Yukki does with his world when he wins).

The humor was also terribly mismatched, where in an episode concerning cult child rape we bring out the Blind Power Rangers. I understand that sometimes a series wants to infuse some laughs because otherwise it'd be terribly depressing (FMA's a good example), but this was a case where Mirai Nikki really should have just stuck with what it was doing.

As for the ending, I'm not going to harp on it. It was mediocre, and committed the same error so many others do when they go beyond the premises established at the beginning of the show. It could have worked if they weren't world-hopping quite so much, just sticking to Yuno killing herself to play again.

Overall I felt fairly let down by the show. At the outset I was hopeful that the series would use the future diary rules to create some unique situations where you can't just surprise your opponent, but have to out-think them. But it took an easier path of diary-of-the-week with more simple, pointed weaknesses combined with shock spectacle and a malnourished love story. Yuno carried it for me because she was predictably unpredictable: you know she's crazy, and that she'll be doing some crazy things, but exactly what form that will take is a surprise.

Edit: Random thought on the series: I think it would have held better together if Deus was only granting a wish, rather than giving godhood. It would have had the same effect on the plot: Yuno wins but goes back in time so she can keep being with Yukki. Except it would have avoided all the godhood fights and pointless universe-ending stuff.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-10-16 at 08:18 PM.

<-- beat Y already and just started over. Florges is a fucking monster

Deleted
    KnK: Nice fighting there, and a new character. BUT: I do hate one thing. Cliffhangers!
    But that Siscon guy was damn funny with his reactions
    NouKome: Less choices this time, but more insanity. I loled hard at chocolat, his new "dog". And then god called and trolled him hard. Poor MC. Really might have been better off with the other choice. Also, Yukihira best girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    NouKome: Less choices this time, but more insanity. I loled hard at chocolat, his new "dog". And then god called and trolled him hard. Poor MC. Really might have been better off with the other choice. Also, Yukihira best girl.
    Was my favorite within the first 20 seconds of her first scene :P

has anyone ever had success with the novamov video source? it never seems to work with me and loads realllly reallly slow

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it at home fine, but on my ipod its too annoying to use.