Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    Have you not been checking out Ao no Exorcist Jinto, or are you not into action type series?
    I read the Random Curiosity synopsis of it while deciding what is worthwhile to follow. It probably goes into the "I'll watch it when the season is over" category. The last action anime I watched (and liked) was the latest Kuro no Keiyakusha from like a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet but Welcome to the N.H.K.! is one of my favorite anime. I can relate to it all too well.
    i have finished watching it only recently and will put it on my list when i update it again
    and you're certainly not the only one here who can relate to it ;]

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I need some help. I mentioned Rah Xephon earlier. I'm trying to remember another anime I watched. The story was damn near identical to Rah Xephon, but the entire thing had a more comedic side to it. Unfortunately, that's all I can remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, I need some help. I mentioned Rah Xephon earlier. I'm trying to remember another anime I watched. The story was damn near identical to Rah Xephon, but the entire thing had a more comedic side to it. Unfortunately, that's all I can remember.
    Xam'D - Lost Memories?
    I thought RahXephon and Xam'D were very alike. Xam'D isn't really funny, though. Full Metal Panic! is a mecha wich is funny, but isn't like RahXephon...:P

I'm totally hooked to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann now, it's surprisingly intresting ^^ And Yoko is cute <3

From my personal list which is quite huge:
    Cross game, Mushishi, Baccano, Katanagatari, Juuni Kokki(!), Skip Beat, Kenshin OVAs, Natsume Yuujinchou + Zoko, Last Exile

If you ever need a pick

10+ Year Old Account
    Which aspect of the story is nigh identical? Because of it's not xam'd this could help us out.

ah RahXephon.... the love child of Eva and...

RAIDEEN

Deleted
    Anyone following this season's new animes?

Specifically these two:
    - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. This one's quite great if you're into animes that are about "nostalgia of the simpler days". Kinda hard to describe though.

- Hidan no Aria. Well, for those who miss ZnT, Shakugan no Shana, or Toradora, here's your Rie Kugimiya treat.

Both got 4 episodes out at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post

Specifically these two:
    - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. This one's quite great if you're into animes that are about "nostalgia of the simpler days". Kinda hard to describe though.

- Hidan no Aria. Well, for those who miss ZnT, Shakugan no Shana, or Toradora, here's your Rie Kugimiya treat.

Astarotte no Omocha also is a kugimiya series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Which aspect of the story is nigh identical? Because of it's not xam'd this could help us out.

It's not Xam'd, at least the name doesn't ring a bell, and I've seen Full Metal Panic. Great great show but not what I'm thinking of either.

I'm sorry, it's been along time since I've seen it, all I remember was that it was similar to Rah Xephon. Maybe not identical. The ending in particular is what I recall as being very similar.

Edit: I'm remembering a single word name, with an exclamation mark after it. perhaps other words after it, don't know. I just searched through 120 pages of comedies and didn't see what I think I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-05-07 at 03:55 AM.

It's not Xam'd, at least the name doesn't ring a bell, and I've seen Full Metal Panic. Great great show but not what I'm thinking of either.

I'm sorry, it's been along time since I've seen it, all I remember was that it was similar to Rah Xephon. Maybe not identical. The ending in particular is what I recall as being very similar.

Edit: I'm remembering a single word name, with an exclamation mark after it. perhaps other words after it, don't know. I just searched through 120 pages of comedies and didn't see what I think I'm looking for.
    The only other comedy one i can think of with mechs in it is Martian Successor Nadesico but story wise isn't really similar to Rah Xephon, and the only one that is even close to it story wise was Evangelion.
    Heres the Anidb link for it http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=180

10+ Year Old Account

Longshot but was it Negima! by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, sorry.

I looked through 120 pages of comedies at www.myanimelist.com and didn't see anything either. Damn, this is gonna kill me trying to figure out what it is.

Edit: Found it. It's a clone of Evangelion, not Rah Xephon. Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures, also known as Duel! It's a comedy version of a series I ended up not liking.

Looking for something else now, that I didn't see. It was a short series. Two kids find a portal or something and get stuck in these weird video-game-esque type worlds. One that I recall had the boy use a DragonBall Z-type move. Think the TV show Sliders, except humor and animated.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-05-07 at 06:57 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for something else now, that I didn't see. It was a short series. Two kids find a portal or something and get stuck in these weird video-game-esque type worlds. One that I recall had the boy use a DragonBall Z-type move. Think the TV show Sliders, except humor and animated.

Maybe you're thinking of Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi? 13 episodes long, involves two kids, might be thinking of a video game-esque world from the second episode. I don't remember a dragonball z-type move in it however.
    Last edited by Flunky144; 2011-05-07 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES! Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, sorry.

I looked through 120 pages of comedies at www.myanimelist.com and didn't see anything either. Damn, this is gonna kill me trying to figure out what it is.

Edit: Found it. It's a clone of Evangelion, not Rah Xephon. Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures, also known as Duel! It's a comedy version of a series I ended up not liking.

LOL so it was one of my all time favorite series eh go figure.

And guessing you mean Abenobashi full name Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.

DAMN beaten to it.

Oh wel lif you liked dual try Isekai Sekishi no Monogatari as well as Tenchi Muyo GXP and the classic Tenchi Muyo especially. All are from the same director and are part of the same continuity(though dual is debatable it certainly seems to be part of the Tenchiverse).

Deleted
    Soooo, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu? Anyone? I watched the original run of 14 episodes in the Kyon and Haruhi order. About the new re-broadcast - anything different in the first 14 episodes and is it worth watching? I really realy loved the original run, but is the new thing any good?

Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    Soooo, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu? Anyone? I watched the original run of 14 episodes in the Kyon and Haruhi order. About the new re-broadcast - anything different in the first 14 episodes and is it worth watching? I really realy loved the original run, but is the new thing any good?
    i totaly avoided it tbh...the fist few episodes were carried over from the original and then there was the endless 8 episodes which was basically the same episode retold from 8 different perspectives. still got good ratings but thats most likley because the fans are diehard otaku.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post

Specifically these two:

I'm really liking the first one so far, while the second one isn't quite to my tastes so far (it's not giving me a good story to think about - and isn't all that entertaining - and thus feels like a waste of time to watch), and I'm only sticking with it as I heard it gets interesting later on, and because I want to watch at least one show subbed by UTW each season (unfortunately I prefer gg's subs over UTW's for Ano Hana) :P

the rest of the shows I'm watching currently (Hanasaku Iroha, C, The World God Only Knows II, Ao no Exorcist, Denpa Onna and Gosick) are quite interesting and/or entertaining as well (though Gosick is barely cutting it), while one more - Stein's Gate - has me on the edge of dropping it due to the main character being so annoying.

Speaking of Haruhi shows, should I watch the 2nd season before watching the movie? Or should I watch the movie at all if my thoughts of the first season pretty much line up with my thoughts of Gosick currently?

the Endless 8 made my brain bleed....