Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    That's how i've been going at it so far but when it comes to start learning Kanji that seems like it'll be highly impractical/time inefficient.
    Well for learning Kanji you can either learn the RTK way or use JLPT.

On another tangent, two in one page! I'm considering attempting to learn moonrune, anyone got any advice on how to go about it? The most I know right know is the whole Hiragana chart and two lines worth of Katakana so they're priority right now (so bad at reading it too Q_Q).
    Genki I is a good book to learn from. It's what we used in my Japanese class and I think it did a pretty good job.

15+ Year Old Account
    On another tangent, two in one page! I'm considering attempting to learn moonrune, anyone got any advice on how to go about it? The most I know right know is the whole Hiragana chart and two lines worth of Katakana so they're priority right now (so bad at reading it too Q_Q).
    Here's a decent guide that has an outline and some resources to use.

Honestly I took a class for it when I started (actually have my final for that class a couple hours from now...), so I never really used many of those resources (yet).

RealKana is pretty helpful for learning Hiragana/Katakana, though if you ever plan to write it you should probably practice by writing it as well.

Anki is useful for vocab and Kanji, once you get into that.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-04-11 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Akuma no Riddle - That ending was hype. I loved the dialog this episode, especially when they're on the bed together after she wakes up.

Deleted
    Thanks a bundle folks, i'll take a look at all the things mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    They are talking about the K-Project anime.
    I know, it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nisekoi only has best girls. The guy's gonna clone himself so everyone is happy, obviously.
    I think you forgot someone.

Well, not that anyone would want to remember her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I think you forgot someone.

Well, not that anyone would want to remember her.
    I'm at Ch75, only best girls so far.

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/

10+ Year Old Account
    nisekoi anime is meh
    => only watches it for Claris OP
    (and the manga went meh also)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka

20 seconds in and I notice: IT'S ALL GERMAN?! And then... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... 23minutes of enjoyment.

Akuma Ep 2 - Man this show is bad. I almost cut myself on that edge a few times while watching it. I'll give it another episode before dropping it.

Ok I guess time to start FMP. Lets see how it lives up to Code Geass R1+R2.

(Not comparing the two by any means just in terms of captivation.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Ok I guess time to start FMP. Lets see how it lives up to Code Geass R1+R2.

(Not comparing the two by any means just in terms of captivation.)
    Not much can captivate as much as Code Geass.

FMP can ;P but i only say that because i think FMP is best anime of all times
    @ slomo why would that be bad? (and that was also the first thing i realized) cute girls anime playing in germany win win ;D

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    FMP can ;P but i only say that because i think FMP is best anime of all times
    slomo why would that be bad? (and that was also the first thing i realized) cute girls anime playing in germany win win ;D
    It wasn't a biased statement. Since German is somewhat my native language, I was just surprised. Although I ask myself, why German is used so much in anime.

Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    It wasn't a biased statement. Since German is somewhat my native language, I was just surprised. Although I ask myself, why German is used so much in anime.
    Japan has some odd obsession with Germany. One director will take any chance he can get to add German into anime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Schwalbefliegen!

*cough*

Yeah, some anime/game directors like their german. sometimes it makes sense (Zettel), and sometimes not (Allgemein Board)

10+ Year Old Account
    Iiiiiiiiiiiit's out!

15+ Year Old Account
    Knights of Sidonia - Holy shit, this was really good. I wasn't completely sold at first, but the ending got me. Damn that was good.

The CGI has already grown on me, only real problem is that at first I had a hard time telling the difference between the characters. The pacing seems a bit quick too... but I'm guessing it will slow down after this episode.

I have to admit though, this show is pretty weird. The talking bear, the clones or w/e they are, etc had me going "what the fuck". When that person was revealed to be a third gender I wasn't even surprised anymore, this show does whatever the hell it wants.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-04-11 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Knights of Sidonia - Holy shit, this was really good. I wasn't completely sold at first, but the ending got me. Damn that was good.

The CGI has already grown on me, only real problem is that at first I had a hard time telling the difference between the characters. The pacing seems a bit quick too... but I'm guessing it will slow down after this episode.

I have to admit though, this show is pretty weird. The talking bear, the clones or w/e they are, etc had me going "what the fuck". When that person was revealed to be a third gender I wasn't even surprised anymore, this show does whatever the hell it wants.
    yeah everything will be explained due time.

mahouka, knights, mushishi are my favs so far.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni