10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Also has had a clear goal from the very beginning that it has never really strayed from. Rather than straying from random encounter to random encounter you have a coherant journey and progression.
    That it isn't even close to reaching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    One thing that helps is that it isn't a chapter an episode like most endless shounen do. It's generally 4 chapters an episode, much better.
    Naruto doesn't have that problem, but it has the retarded number of useless filler episodes problem instead. Fairy Tail tends to handle the whole filler/stretch problem fairly well imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    That's because they're the average fan. People who actually follow anime generally know what it is or have watched it. They're the kind of person who just saw Attack on Titan and have only seen a handful since.
    Maybe in America where we can easily watch every show, but in Japan for a majority of the anime otaku they don't watch every show every season like we do. That's accounted for by BD sales. Where SSY failed miserably.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problem with this!

Chelly
    Please, we're halfway through according to the author. So just ~16 more years for the ending!

10+ Year Old Account
    Naruto doesn't have that problem, but it has the retarded number of useless filler episodes problem instead. Fairy Tail tends to handle the whole filler/stretch problem fairly well imo.
    Yeah, for most endless it's generally an episode a chapter or tons of filler.

Another problem is low quality animation (I'm not saying Magi's is great but at least it's done in 720) because they have to keep pumping out episodes at a rate of one a week so it airs uninterrupted for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    Please, we're halfway through according to the author. So just ~16 more years for the ending!
    For One Piece?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's because they're the average fan. People who actually follow anime generally know what it is or have watched it.
    Sure, but "average fans" are still anime fans.

It can't be considered popular when only certain segments of the community actually know of it. Even places like /r/anime are far from the general opinion of the anime community; if you were to go to some random anime community on the web, I guarantee that only a few would have watched it.

Chelly
    For One Piece?
    Yes .

Words can't express how much I love you guys right now. <3

I understand why people sometimes hate the anime, but I still think the manga is god-tier amazing.
    Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit that the anime does drop in quality now and then. The manga though? Amazing all the way! \o/

---

Also, speaking of Magi, I really like the world and concept in it. It really does feel like it has no limit. I feel the same way about the Fate-series too, it's just the brutal stuff that makes me sad. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    In SSY news I actually successfully brought a friend into anime from straying to the wrong path.

He had started with super mainstream shows and I was worried he would go "that" path of anime fan, but I soon got him to watch Fate/Zero and Shin Sekai Yori. Even though he still watches on Crunchyroll he's solely on the sub side and is looking into DL'ing starting with Psycho-Pass. He is fully under my wing. :3

He's only seen about 5 shows now but he's going crazy at about a show every 2-3 days with college.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Sure, but "average fans" are still anime fans.

It can't be considered popular when only certain segments of the community actually know of it. Even places like /r/anime are far from the general opinion of the anime community; if you were to go to some random anime community on the web, I guarantee that only a few would have watched it.
    Eh, debatable. /r/anime is a pretty large community on an extremely large site. They're not exactly niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Words can't express how much I love you guys right now. <3

Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit that the anime does drop in quality now and then. The manga though? Amazing all the way! \o/

---

Also, speaking of Magi, I really like the world and concept in it. It really does feel like it has no limit. I feel the same way about the Fate-series too, it's just the brutal stuff that makes me sad. :<
    W-what did we do to make you love us?

Also, Magi isn't brutal. It airs daytime in Japan.

10+ Year Old Account

I think he means Fate/ being brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means Fate/ being brutal.
    Oh, I see.

If we wanted to be the edgiest anime group ever we'd all switch to Akuma no Riddle avatars or something.
    Edgiest anime is probably Shingeki and Elfen Lied or something.

I missed you guys senpais, I'm not going back to read pages I missed. GOMEN.

I thought everyone thought series like One Piece were stupid until now. It's my favorite show, so I'm really happy people think so well of it. \o/

And yes, sorry, I was talking about Fate. Magi doesn't have people betraying you and shooting you while you're on a wheelchair through your near-dead love interest on your lap, or kidnap and release crying children for you to rescue, only for them to explode into vicious starfish in your embrace. :C

I'm sorry for being unclear. *bows*

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, debatable. /r/anime is a pretty large community on an extremely large site. They're not exactly niche.
    Yeah, and as a result, it attracts a wide variety of anime fans. But if you go to a smaller community, somewhat similar to this thread, you aren't exactly going to find many people who know of shows like SSY.

For example, I frequent the bungie.net (old creators of Halo series) forums, and I've done it for a long time now. They have a tagging system where you can tag your threads, and people can search for only those tags. I mostly stay in threads tagged "anime". In these threads you see plenty of people who watch anime, but I only know a few who actually even know what SSY is. Most of the talk is about the current biggest thing (KLK, SnK) or incredibly popular shows (Clannad, Steins;Gate, Code Geass).

SSY is in no way on the level of shows like Clannad or Code Geass in terms of popularity. Those are incredibly popular shows. SSY is more mid-tier popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    For example, I frequent the bungie.net (old creators of Halo series) forums,
    This makes me incredibly sad at how this needs explaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    This makes me incredibly sad at how this needs explaining.
    Yeah. I've been on there for years, since Halo 3 days. Mostly stayed in offtopic forums, but as I've always been a fan of Halo, I spent my fair share of time in the main forums as well.

Halo Reach wasn't exactly the greatest game, but Halo 4 was really fucking bad. 343i did a really poor job, making it some CoD knockoff. I've basically lost all interest in the series now. Bungie leaving Halo was the worst thing that ever happened to the series.

Bungie has always been a great company, though. Their community interaction is great, similar to Blizzard but on a smaller scale. Hopefully Destiny turns out good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've touched the Halo franchise for a maximum of one hour in my life!